Oil in North Dakota Brings Job Boom a...

Oil in North Dakota Brings Job Boom and Burdens

There are 81 comments on the www.nytimes.com story from Jan 1, 2008, titled Oil in North Dakota Brings Job Boom and Burdens . In it, www.nytimes.com reports that:

New York Times At dawn, people from faraway states huddle outside the Mountrail County courthouse here, the coldest ones leaving briefcases and books to secure their spots for the moment it opens.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.nytimes.com.

JPC

Marietta, OK

#69 Dec 9, 2011
Hello everyone,
I have been hauling crude for many years in Oklahoma and am considering going to ND to work a few years. What are the expericenced crude haulers making? I am hearing $32-35hr +overtime plus camp housing and benefits. Is this true? In OK we are averaging about $1500 a week. Sounds like I could double my income.
Luci

Saint Cloud, FL

#70 Dec 10, 2011
Just wondering if anyone has any info on any of the oil companies hiring in ND for first timers? My husband and I are looking for a change in scenery and better pay. Mostly to get out of Florida. Can't find a decent job here.

Thanks.
Van Hooker

United States

#71 Dec 22, 2011
JPC wrote:
Hello everyone,
I have been hauling crude for many years in Oklahoma and am considering going to ND to work a few years. What are the expericenced crude haulers making? I am hearing $32-35hr +overtime plus camp housing and benefits. Is this true? In OK we are averaging about $1500 a week. Sounds like I could double my income.
A truck driver should be taking home at least $2000 a week in the ND oilfields.
mymanisinstanley

Saint Paul, MN

#72 Jan 22, 2012
I have read these posts and not been relieved at all! My husband is in Stanley, ND, in the oil field. I have been worried that he is not been faithful, he has been gone close to a year, but tries to come home one wknd a month. He frequents the Two way bar and grill, he says it's only for dinner. However, lately his conversations with me get cut short, like the other day, we were texting and sending intimate things back and forth, when all of a sudden he had to go cuz he needed to eat! WTF!! Anybody have any thoughts? What is the Two Way like? And are the women there really as out to steal away married men (or sleep with) as they say? He says he only has time for work and sleep, but he doesn't work on Sundays!
Tata 4 now

Brainerd, MN

#76 Mar 19, 2012
mymanisinstanley wrote:
I have read these posts and not been relieved at all! My husband is in Stanley, ND, in the oil field. I have been worried that he is not been faithful, he has been gone close to a year, but tries to come home one wknd a month. He frequents the Two way bar and grill, he says it's only for dinner. However, lately his conversations with me get cut short, like the other day, we were texting and sending intimate things back and forth, when all of a sudden he had to go cuz he needed to eat! WTF!! Anybody have any thoughts? What is the Two Way like? And are the women there really as out to steal away married men (or sleep with) as they say? He says he only has time for work and sleep, but he doesn't work on Sundays!
---------whats his name I work at the two way and all the bartenders r married or in a relationship but maybe 1!!!!!!!!!! So don't judge off what u hear
LILRICKY

Langdon, ND

#78 Apr 1, 2012
There are good jobs all over nd, not only in the oil field. We are looking for truck drivers and operators in ne nd
gypsy invasion of ND

Minot, ND

#79 Apr 4, 2012
As the oil boom grows,So does the asphalt paving and sealcoating scams!! Its been going on for years.But with the news of North Dakotas Oil boom meens$$$ For scam artist looking to make a fast dishonest buck,It starts out when a freindly guy comes to your home or office telling you they have a truck load of extra or leftover asphalt and they can give you a great deal,Well what was a great deal soon turns in to something you never thaught could have happened to you! The cut rate job that was supposed to be a good deal quickly turns into several thousands of dollars!! The work usually dont last a year because if not done right North Dakota winters can be harsh on a poorly done driveway,It doesnt matter if the contractor is licensed or bonded..Or in the yellow pages..these crooks are smart and well planned to scam you out of your money!If anyone come to your door trying to sell you any kind of leftover asphalt paving..Call your local police department and the attorney generals office,No matter how legit theses guys may seem..99% of the time they are smooth talking con men..and are willing to tell you anything,Or make any promise to get you to write a check!These guys make 100s of thousand of dollars a year and are experts at talking you into buying there extra asphalt they have leftover from another job[that isnt realy leftover]they also will come knocking at your door trying to sealcoat your old pavement,The so called sealer they use is realy old motor oil and will harm your good asphalt,So if you want a good job done call a few contractors you have heard of,get refrences..ask alot of questions..Even go as far as asking the contractor where his home is,then check and make sure he is being honest with you,I never thaught we had scams like this in North Dakota,Now we are the state all the travelling con artist want to come to because of our little oil boom!So when they come knocking..you start calling law enforcement! The out of state people arent going to watch out for us..so lets watch out for each other and our elderly population!
LILRICKY

Langdon, ND

#80 Apr 8, 2012
Anyone need a job operating equipment or driving truck in the eastern half of ND?
Dan

Kenmare, ND

#81 Apr 10, 2012
Any jobs in kenmare for a young man with some experience in oilfield?
Dan

Kenmare, ND

#82 Apr 10, 2012
LILRICKY wrote:
Anyone need a job operating equipment or driving truck in the eastern half of ND?

I need a job and am willing to learn. I can drive forklift and some other equipment.
LILRICKY

Langdon, ND

#83 Apr 13, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I need a job and am willing to learn. I can drive forklift and some other equipment.
e-mail me @ [email protected]
LILRICKY

Langdon, ND

#84 Apr 13, 2012
WE NEED A FULL TIME MECHANIC-WELDER, ANYONE INTERESTED
Dan

Kenmare, ND

#85 Apr 15, 2012
@LILRICKY.. i emailed you
Dan

Kenmare, ND

#86 Apr 16, 2012
in need of a job around kenmare, stanley area, email me at [email protected]
Fernando G

Roseville, CA

#87 Apr 16, 2012
Hi everyone.. I'm a 26 years old motivated hard worker looking for a career change hoping to find employment in ND. I admit, the boom about the oil industry in ND was the first thing to draw my attention. After a little research, I found there are a bunch of other great opportunities arising as well, and I'm ready take one. Please feel free to email me at [email protected] if you need my job resume or have any questions.
Cindy

Kenmare, ND

#88 Apr 16, 2012
I am a stay at home mom of a three year old lil girl. She get lonely for someone to play with. I am a retired RN of 15 years, if anyone looking for child care or just a playdate please let me know.My enail is [email protected] I do live in Kenmare.
cindy

Kenmare, ND

#89 Apr 18, 2012
Cindy wrote:
I am a stay at home mom of a three year old lil girl. She get lonely for someone to play with. I am a retired RN of 15 years, if anyone looking for another child care for or just a playdate please let me know.My enail is [email protected] I do live in Kenmare.
Free Child Care
cindy

Kenmare, ND

#90 Apr 19, 2012
gypsy invasion of ND wrote:
As the oil boom grows,So does the asphalt paving and sealcoating scams!! Its been going on for years.But with the news of North Dakotas Oil boom meens$$$ For scam artist looking to make a fast dishonest buck,It starts out when a freindly guy comes to your home or office telling you they have a truck load of extra or leftover asphalt and they can give you a great deal,Well what was a great deal soon turns in to something you never thaught could have happened to you! The cut rate job that was supposed to be a good deal quickly turns into several thousands of dollars!! The work usually dont last a year because if not done right North Dakota winters can be harsh on a poorly done driveway,It doesnt matter if the contractor is licensed or bonded..Or in the yellow pages..these crooks are smart and well planned to scam you out of your money!If anyone come to your door trying to sell you any kind of leftover asphalt paving..Call your local police department and the attorney generals office,No matter how legit theses guys may seem..99% of the time they are smooth talking con men..and are willing to tell you anything,Or make any promise to get you to write a check!These guys make 100s of thousand of dollars a year and are experts at talking you into buying there extra asphalt they have leftover from another job[that isnt realy leftover]they also will come knocking at your door trying to sealcoat your old pavement,The so called sealer they use is realy old motor oil and will harm your good asphalt,So if you want a good job done call a few contractors you have heard of,get refrences..ask alot of questions..Even go as far as asking the contractor where his home is,then check and make sure he is being honest with you,I never thaught we had scams like this in North Dakota,Now we are the state all the travelling con artist want to come to because of our little oil boom!So when they come knocking..you start calling law enforcement! The out of state people arent going to watch out for us..so lets watch out for each other and our elderly population!
It is so sad that we have people that cant or refuse to earn a living the legal way. I am new to North Dakota but didnt come here for the same reason most did. I have a three year old daughter and her biologicial family is in Minot and I felt she needed to get to know them. I live in Kenmare and I have had nothing but pleasant things said to me and would like to retire here. My only complaint is we work hard for our money and it all goes on survival. Sometimes it feels like you walk out the front door and the money vampire are waiting for me . Anyway God Bless and lets help our elderly and all popularion not feel the evil thats in this boom!!
cindy

Kenmare, ND

#91 Apr 19, 2012
JPC wrote:
Hello everyone,
If you dont mind long hours truck driving pays very well in ND. But let me tell you housing is anywhere from 2200.00 to 4000.00 a month and thats if you can find a place. i c ppl; sleeping in their cars all the tine. the cost of living is five times higher than oklahoma. I lived in ok most of my life and my hubby makes five times as much money as he did in ok but it takes it all to live on. But the ppl are very nice
AdaJean

United States

#93 Dec 10, 2012
Do truck drivers on the oilfieds get paid overtime?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Dakota Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Flying High Apr 17 Assfacehole Queer... 2
News Ted Cruz looks for Wyoming sweep Apr 17 Three Days 2
its time its time Apr 16 Touch of God 1
News Storm Warning for Trump? North Dakota Gop sends... Apr 4 Asp is a loser 1
News Ted Cruz claims 18-delegate win after North Dak... Apr 4 Jeff Brightone 1
News GOP campaigns flock to Fargo to vie for delegates Apr '16 Go Blue Forever 3
Proof Cruz planned Iowa Cheat against Carson Apr '16 What was that about 1
More from around the web