Active wells in Divide County

Active wells in Divide County

Posted in the North Dakota Forum

karenjenel

Tacoma, WA

#1 Sep 3, 2012
My family has a current lease with Samson Resources for drilling on some property in Divide County, ND. Not sure exactly the range and township (I can ask my mom) but know it's in Blooming Prairie. I've heard it's quite a "hot spot". On one of our properties, there has been drilling since March of this year to about 19,000ft and is still listed as active on the ND oil division website. Just curious what the chances are of finding anything since it seems we are right on top of the Bakken Shale. Does active mean they have found oil or just that they are still drilling?....it seems kind of deep to me...thanks in advance for any help!
kennedy 817

Hurst, TX

#2 Sep 3, 2012
Karenjenel, about half of that depth is horizontal wellbore. Actually most of the western part of ND is over the bakken, just some places it's a little thicker than others. Active means it's a producing well. If you had provided enough information to identify the well and if it were off the confidential list, I could give you some information on the well. A is active, IA is inactive, DRL means drilling which usually mean it's drilled and awaiting or in the process of fracking. You can learn alot from the state site for free. I have the $50 per year subscription and I find it handy. I hope you have learned to use the GIS server map to find your well. Good luck and enjoy your well.
karenjenel

Tacoma, WA

#3 Sep 4, 2012
thanks for responding! I know it's in Blooming Prairie and I know drilling started in March (of this year). when I look on the website, that leaves 3 wells leased by Samson Resources that have been drilling since March so I figure it has to be one of those: Dorado, Lido, or Regal. I wish my mom could find her paperwork! It has all the info on it. Thanks in advance for any more info you might have!
karenjenel

Tacoma, WA

#4 Sep 7, 2012
okay, so we finally found the papers and here is what follows: Township 162, Section 11 1/4th, Range 101....looks like both Dorado & Lido are in this spot...they have been drilling since March of this year and we cannot find out any info about production..prob on the confidential list...just curious, is this usually a good sign? Is it like "no news is good news?" Thank you so much as I am very new to any of this:)

kennedy 817 wrote:
Karenjenel, about half of that depth is horizontal wellbore. Actually most of the western part of ND is over the bakken, just some places it's a little thicker than others. Active means it's a producing well. If you had provided enough information to identify the well and if it were off the confidential list, I could give you some information on the well. A is active, IA is inactive, DRL means drilling which usually mean it's drilled and awaiting or in the process of fracking. You can learn alot from the state site for free. I have the $50 per year subscription and I find it handy. I hope you have learned to use the GIS server map to find your well. Good luck and enjoy your well.
karenjenel

Tacoma, WA

#5 Sep 7, 2012
oh!....i also found this off the Divide County website:

NDIC Docket for Thursday, July 26, 2012
Case No. 18291:
Notice to DISMISS rec'd 07/17/12

Application of Samson Resources Co. for an order amending the field rules
for the Blooming Prairie-Bakken Pool to create and establish two
overlapping 2560-acre spacing units comprised of Sections 1, 12, 13 and
24; and Sections 2, 11, 14 and 23, T.162N., R.98W., Divide County, ND,
authorizing the drilling of a total of not more than 14 wells on each
overlapping 2560-acre spacing unit, eliminating any tool error requirements
and such other relief as is appropriate.

the fact that this was dismissed seems like bad news? Do you know what this usually means?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Dakota Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor David R. Mayer raises property taxes Again Jul 25 Pam 1
my son is using memes? Jun '17 concerned mother 1
News Oil pipeline: Trump's stock in company raises c... (Nov '16) May '17 WillieRapier 12
spend your vacation here. Apr '17 James 1
jump Mar '17 jump 1
News Back on Track? Army Corps told to clear way for... (Feb '17) Mar '17 Native ... 24
north dakota pulling genicide on ametican indi... (Nov '16) Mar '17 Native ... 6
More from around the web