Workers Needed in North Dakota

Workers Needed in North Dakota

There are 379 comments on the KXMD-TV Williston story from Mar 26, 2006, titled Workers Needed in North Dakota. In it, KXMD-TV Williston reports that:

With so many people already working -- some North Dakota employers are having a hard time finding enough employees.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KXMD-TV Williston.

Zach

Rochester, MN

#248 Apr 12, 2010
Hey, just curious about any kinda labor work on oil rgs, dont have any experience but , im living in northern minnesota and jobs are rare, all in all i guess is there any chance i could get hired for labor to start i suppose, to earn good money, hard work and long hours are not a problem for me, any sort of information would be helpful , thanks
Wayne

Williston, ND

#250 Apr 20, 2010
their are all types of jobs,truck drivers, maehanics, helpers, electrictians,sales, food services,anything you can think of, just bring a camper or a tent, and leave your drugs behind thanks.We have alot of nice people here, and would like to keep it like that!
NoDakNorman

Minneapolis, MN

#251 May 4, 2010
MRIT wrote:
<quoted text>
thats a load of...crap. go to college, and you will get a decent job. oh and dont suck at seeking employment...im 21, college degree, and professioanl certs, and livin it up, here in fargo...peace
lukz like dey teeched u how 2 spel reel gud 2

bet youz gotza a gud job
Jim

Coleman, OK

#252 May 14, 2010
Wayne wrote:
their are all types of jobs,truck drivers, maehanics, helpers, electrictians,sales, food services,anything you can think of, just bring a camper or a tent, and leave your drugs behind thanks.We have alot of nice people here, and would like to keep it like that!
I am an out of work crude oil hauler from Oklahoma.Over 10 years expierence.Drove a transport as well,hauling flowback etc.
Who pays drivers best in ND? I plan on moving up.
alan

Thomaston, CT

#254 Jun 18, 2010
live right in the middle of the big oil boom lots of jobs, not a lot places to live ,man camps going up, no place for the family to live , 2 weeks on 2 off good money , hard work , killer winters
Doggy Wogglers

Kinross, UK

#255 Jun 18, 2010
Too many of these Polish bastards taking the jobs now, and for peanuts too.
Calihunter

Coarsegold, CA

#256 Jul 10, 2010
I've read all the posts on here from start to finish. Some say there's work, others say "no". Definitely looks like there's no housing.

Question. I am an electrician in Calif. and want out of this state, period. I lived in S.D, Close to N.D. border, and know the winters. I am 46, have a wife of 20 years, and 4 teen-age kids. All athletes, want a good school for them. I have been an electrician for 28 yrs. done most everything, but never oil work.
Can I find work, my wife will work just about anywhere, and find a good town to live in. We are small town people, and love the outdoors. We hunt like crazy, and have dogs.

How hard would it be to find an old homestead, or country house to rent, or rent to own?

Since: Jul 08

Green Ridge, MO

#257 Jul 11, 2010
Calihunter wrote:
I've read all the posts on here from start to finish. Some say there's work, others say "no". Definitely looks like there's no housing.
Question. I am an electrician in Calif. and want out of this state, period. I lived in S.D, Close to N.D. border, and know the winters. I am 46, have a wife of 20 years, and 4 teen-age kids. All athletes, want a good school for them. I have been an electrician for 28 yrs. done most everything, but never oil work.
Can I find work, my wife will work just about anywhere, and find a good town to live in. We are small town people, and love the outdoors. We hunt like crazy, and have dogs.
How hard would it be to find an old homestead, or country house to rent, or rent to own?
Impossible! Unless you pay through the nose for it or live in a non-oilfield town and drive 2 hours a day
Calihunter

Mariposa, CA

#258 Jul 11, 2010
Driving is not a problem...
I drive 45 min. now. and have driven up to 2 hrs. for good work.
Big Fish- Just asking- how would you know, being from Brooklyn? Rather hear it from the horses mouth.

Since: Jul 08

Fair Grove, MO

#259 Jul 11, 2010
Calihunter wrote:
Driving is not a problem...
I drive 45 min. now. and have driven up to 2 hrs. for good work.
Big Fish- Just asking- how would you know, being from Brooklyn? Rather hear it from the horses mouth.
Because i live and work up here. I am not from and never have been to brooklyn.
chad

Plano, TX

#261 Oct 16, 2010
hello my name is chad and i was working for mercer well service and thangs got slow is there any way you can help me with getting a job on a rig please and thank ycoŻ
dennis smith

Fort Worth, TX

#262 Oct 19, 2010
Can anyone point me in the right direction for employment in the oil field. I have been everything from a floorhand to a driller. I don't care what position I just need a job. I have 3 years experience.
jason

Park Rapids, MN

#263 Dec 30, 2010
Bryce wrote:
Besides working in fast food or retail in FARGO or BISMARCK...there are no other good paying jobs in Fargo or Bismarck! At least Oil Field jobs give young people an opportunity to make 35,000 to 100,000 in a year...pretty tough to do that in Fargo or Bismarck. I have 2 buddies who moved to Williston, and a couple more of us are going to be joing them when school gets out.
i am trying to look for an oil rig job but cant seem to find one! can u help me?!?!?!
jason

Park Rapids, MN

#264 Dec 30, 2010
who here has some rig numbers i can call to go to work for????
Minnetonka Mn

Minnetonka, MN

#265 Jan 10, 2011
hello people, Ive read all the posts and i must say Ive found it interesting if i was interested in the oil fields. But what about construction? I'm a journeymen carpenter that is interested in moving to ND but i have a family to consider. With the economy the way it is i cant afford to take this leap and fail. But then again i cant afford to stay. Any help with information will be greatly appreciated,Mark
JD from VA

United States

#266 Jan 23, 2011
Yo im from VA and have traveled and worked sence i was about 18 23 now and I am thinking of moving out to ND I have worked on a Geothermal Rig doing wells around the country just wondering what are some large companies out there hit me up [email protected]

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#267 Jan 23, 2011
JD from VA wrote:
Yo im from VA and have traveled and worked sence i was about 18 23 now and I am thinking of moving out to ND I have worked on a Geothermal Rig doing wells around the country just wondering what are some large companies out there hit me up [email protected]
Your biggest problem will be housing. The jobs are there but the place for workers to live are far and few in between we have been looking since last summer.
Hope you find an employer and housing at the same time!
D j Kelly

United States

#268 Feb 27, 2011
Roughneckin is the life for me. Been doing it for 10 years and love everyday of it. Its not a job its a adventure. As a matter of fact i got surface cemented in and 10 min later, my doghouse sunk three foot down from the drilling floor. hahaha come on out from the bar you f inn truck drivers. its time for work. p.s. please dont tell my mom i work in the oilpatch, she still think im a piano player at in a whore house. Kansas Driller.

Since: Mar 11

Williston, ND

#269 Mar 1, 2011
Minnetonka Mn wrote:
hello people, Ive read all the posts and i must say Ive found it interesting if i was interested in the oil fields. But what about construction? I'm a journeymen carpenter that is interested in moving to ND but i have a family to consider. With the economy the way it is i cant afford to take this leap and fail. But then again i cant afford to stay. Any help with information will be greatly appreciated,Mark
There is a wee bit of that going on now but not much. In about 1 to 2 months it will be crazy again after the sub zero cold and snow are gone. We have more then I have ever seen. TONS of building being done here. But as some of the other posters have said there is NO place to live, to find a place is next to impossible.
scott

United States

#270 Apr 7, 2011
Kim Panick wrote:
well if they would pay a little more it might be easier to get employees....
well I have been trying to find a job there, but it is hard to get in touch with all the employers there. where do I look???? If I knew someone there, it may be easier.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Dakota Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News North Dakota Dem earns some Trump backers by le... Sep 7 Retribution 15
how sex traffickers get victims Aug 25 Coco4u 1
its time its time (Apr '16) Aug 24 Ace Buchanan 2
Mayor David R. Mayer raises property taxes Again Jul '17 Pam 1
my son is using memes? Jun '17 concerned mother 1
News Oil pipeline: Trump's stock in company raises c... (Nov '16) May '17 WillieRapier 12
spend your vacation here. Apr '17 James 1
More from around the web