Ultra Conservatives React to Decision...

Ultra Conservatives React to Decision to Nix Twins Show

There are 98 comments on the EDGE story from May 11, 2014, titled Ultra Conservatives React to Decision to Nix Twins Show. In it, EDGE reports that:

The Benham brothers aren't the only ones upset over HGTV's decision. Ultra-conservative pundits are up in arms, among them the president of the Family Research Council, Tony Perkins.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Feb 10

Woodstock, Illinois

#1 May 11, 2014
"They’re going to make us wear yellow crosses on our sleeves, so they can identify us, so they will know whom not to hire, they will know whom to fire ... they will know whom not to do business with," Fischer said Thursday on his radio show.

While he brings up Nazi Germany, he forgot to mention the fact that they did the same thing to homosexuals. Many are "Christians" are doing that exact same thing to homosexuals today.

Mr Fischer forgets that the Constitution protects him from that type of treatment. He cannot be fired for his religious beliefs, but one can be fired for being gay. What victim mentality does to the brain is beyond logical comprehension.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#3 May 11, 2014
....Hissy-Fit *Perkins*
(same difference)
Satan

San Jose, CA

#4 May 11, 2014
The twins' shirts are obviously made of mixed fibers, in violation of Leviticus 19:19. Their Christianity must not be as important to them as they pretend it is.

Welcome to my world, boys.

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#5 May 11, 2014
As JoeMyGod.com pointed out, per the story, neither GLAAD nor any other LGBTQ group asked HGTV to cancel the show.

On the contrary, HGTV knows who their audience is. Most of their shows have occasional episodes featuring same sex couples looking for their first homes, doing remodels, buying vacation properties etc., etc.

I believe the network cancelled the Benham brothers proposed show for purely economic reasons (i.e., viewership concerns that might lead to diminished advertising dollars).
juls

Edison, OH

#6 May 11, 2014
cry babies- cry....unbelievable.....don't they have something better to do as christians

“Where's my fairy wand!”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

#7 May 11, 2014
No boys - your faith didn't cost you your shot at fame. What cost you was your big mouth(s).

Believe whatever you want folks but when you starting openly heaping hate on other people you can't expect there to NOT be repercussions.

Be faithful, happy, Christian family men. Nothing wrong with that. But when you start saying this group or that group of people are bad because they don't believe the same or act the same or live the same or whatever the same as you, well then people are going to object to you.

We have freedom of religion in this country - which means (in case ya'll haven't figured it out), we are not all REQUIRED to be Christian. We can be any religion we want - or, in fact, no religion at all.

These guys didn't lose their shot because they're "Christian" - they lost their shot because they're bigots. And we know this because there are lots of "Christians" who are NOT bigots.
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

#8 May 11, 2014
It is absolutely stunning beyond belief that these same three or four names of the most savagely antigay are always criticizing pro-gay things like this.

It's stunning because they have such incredibly big mouths and *will not* shut them.

It's stunning because their opposition is doing EXACTLY THE SAME, and they're complaining that the pro-gay are also reacting by having very, very big mouths and absolutely, categorically refusing to shut them and stand down.

Apparently, the savagely antigay only accept *themselves* behaving in that manner, and cry like infants when others exhibit the exact same behavior. Sucks to be them, the end.
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

#9 May 11, 2014
KirkW wrote:
No boys - your faith didn't cost you your shot at fame. What cost you was your big mouth(s).
Believe whatever you want folks but when you starting openly heaping hate on other people you can't expect there to NOT be repercussions.
Be faithful, happy, Christian family men. Nothing wrong with that. But when you start saying this group or that group of people are bad because they don't believe the same or act the same or live the same or whatever the same as you, well then people are going to object to you.
We have freedom of religion in this country - which means (in case ya'll haven't figured it out), we are not all REQUIRED to be Christian. We can be any religion we want - or, in fact, no religion at all.
These guys didn't lose their shot because they're "Christian" - they lost their shot because they're bigots. And we know this because there are lots of "Christians" who are NOT bigots.
I love all the responses above, and this one especially.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#10 May 11, 2014
These same "Family" organizations were also the ones who insisted that the BSA has a right to free association.

I guess when it's a media company and that company decides against hiring someone who happens to be Christian it MUST be anti-christian sentiment.

Of course they have no problem if someone gets fired because their employer learns they are gay or lesbian.

It just Christians who deserve special treatment.
Fundieraiser Reprobate

Philadelphia, PA

#11 May 11, 2014
Ron431 wrote:
"'They’re going to make us wear yellow crosses on our sleeves, so they can identify us, so they will know whom not to hire, they will know whom to fire ... they will know whom not to do business with,' Fischer said Thursday on his radio show."
No one cares who the Christians are, a very powerful majority.

It's the psychosexually ill talibangelical subset in Christianity that behaves like the kkk which should worry about its future in the public square. It doesn't have one, in fact.

“Post-religious”

Location hidden

#12 May 11, 2014
Anything that can upset Tony Perkins, Bryan Fisher, and Linda Harvey is worth doing.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#13 May 11, 2014
Jerald wrote:
Anything that can upset Tony Perkins, Bryan Fisher, and Linda Harvey is worth doing.
I do agree with ya.......funny how they want to jump up and down claiming that they are being ousted and harassed, but then IGNORE the same actions when they are behind it.........frankly if they DON'T like the treatment, they SHOULDN'T dish it out........just saying!!!

Chagrin Falls, OH

#14 May 12, 2014
How dare the fundies question the religious freedom of HGTV to work or not work with who it wants?(Funny how that argument hurts now.)

It seems to me there are plenty of religious broadcast networks out there. If they really want to put their money where their mouths are, they should hire the bigot twins to produce their show on one of those all-Christian networks.
Fire in Odessa

Amherst, MA

#15 May 12, 2014
Obama approves of, and finances neo nazi fascists in Ukraine. The same neo nazi fascists that support "Moral traditional family values" and despise everything liberals stand for. THEY CAN'T STAND HOMOSEXUALS!
So everything YOUR boy wonder does or says for the so called equailty here is a lie for what he is getting away with in Ukraine.
Where is the gay outrage at Obama for allowing tax dollars to finance neo nazis in Ukraine? Oh the s**t gets deeper and deeper. Gays are delusional liars and frauds.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#16 May 12, 2014
hi hi wrote:
It is absolutely stunning beyond belief that these same three or four names of the most savagely antigay are always criticizing pro-gay things like this.....
See, I don't even look at something like this as pro-gay. I look at it as people pushing back again intolerance.

I would HOPE that had these two fools spoken out against Jews or African Americans or single mothers or divorced people or any other group of people based solely on their personally chosen religious beliefs, this same backlash would still have happened.

The people that believe this is only about "the gays" and people supporting "the gays" are trying desperately to refocus the attention away from the truth--that intolerance and religious bigotry doesn't win the right type of friends anymore. Not if you ever want to have a high-profile job, anyway....
Christsharia Law

Philadelphia, PA

#17 May 12, 2014
Fire in Odessa wrote:
Obama
STFU, sick freak.
The Agenda

Pittsfield, MA

#18 May 12, 2014
Christsharia Law wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU, sick freak.
You support the torching of human beings in Odessa. The left wing radical women's group FEMEN was in attendance celebrating as the building was on fire as screams of innocent women went unattended. One woman jumped from a window, only to beaten with baseball bats. They are accomplices to murder and one might infer genocide/ethnic violence. Some fine company you keep there, you maniac.
The Philadelphia Freak

Pittsfield, MA

#19 May 12, 2014
Christsharia Law wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a sick freak.
Ha ha ha! Ha ha ha! Your boy wonder and America's tax dollars finance neo nazi fascists in the Ukraine! That's how stupid you are.
Ha ha ha!
Ha ha ha!
The Philadelphia Freak

Pittsfield, MA

#20 May 12, 2014
Ha ha ha!
Christsharia Law

Hockessin, DE

#21 May 12, 2014
The Agenda wrote:
<quoted text>You support the torching of human beings in Odessa. The left wing radical women's group FEMEN was in attendance celebrating as the building was on fire as screams of innocent women went unattended. One woman jumped from a window, only to beaten with baseball bats. They are accomplices to murder and one might infer genocide/ethnic violence. Some fine company you keep there, you maniac.
I support anything my man Obama does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Carolina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Senate Judiciary Committee drafts bill to prote... 8 hr gnnn 1
Don't miss out check us out right now Apr 19 enticingmoment 1
Hot to trot Apr 19 bbc747 2
News Admirers gather to commemorate final Martin Lut... Apr 13 Odi et amo 11
News Billy Graham to be honored at US Capitol ceremony Apr 12 INRI 58
News White state House candidate: I'm a member of Af... Apr 11 Barry O 1
News Beekman Group invests in Riccobene Associates F... Apr 2 Privilege 1