Courts Say No to Random Drug Tests For Teachers

Jun 3, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WLOS

The North Carolina Court of Appeals says random drug tests on teachers are unconstitutional.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Government Cheese

North Brunswick, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2009

High school teachers ?

How profound.....
BULLCRAP

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

HOW DOES A TEACH NOT HAVE TO TAKE RANDOM DRUG TEST, WHEN EVERYONE ELSE IN SOCIETY DOES..THEY ARE NO BETTER THAN THE REST OF US! IN FACT THEY SPEND MORE TIME WITH MY CHILD THAN I DO!
Government Cheese

North Brunswick, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2009

BULLCRAP wrote:
HOW DOES A TEACH NOT HAVE TO TAKE RANDOM DRUG TEST, WHEN EVERYONE ELSE IN SOCIETY DOES..THEY ARE NO BETTER THAN THE REST OF US! IN FACT THEY SPEND MORE TIME WITH MY CHILD THAN I DO!
Good point. Since the average worker is subjected to drug tests so should civil servants.

Especially police officers considering they whould have no problem arresting for having them.

In addition they are possibly capable of "roid rage " if they are gym rats on a power trip.
Starr

Middlesex, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

White collar workers usually don't get drug tested as much as a blue collar worker would.
(White collar workers- Usually work in offices
Blue collar workers- Labor unions, hands on jobs)
I don't know why it's this way. There are some states that have teachers get random drug tests, but i believe it's no more than 5. It apparently goes against teacher unions rights. For NC, West Virginia, Hawaii and maybe some other states, they do require you to AT LEAST get a drug test before you get hired. Random drug test though has been in and out of court for a while now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••