Courts Say No to Random Drug Tests Fo...

Courts Say No to Random Drug Tests For Teachers

There are 4 comments on the WLOS story from Jun 3, 2009, titled Courts Say No to Random Drug Tests For Teachers. In it, WLOS reports that:

The North Carolina Court of Appeals says random drug tests on teachers are unconstitutional.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLOS.

Government Cheese

United States

#1 Jun 3, 2009
High school teachers ?

How profound.....
BULLCRAP

Morganton, NC

#2 Jun 4, 2009
HOW DOES A TEACH NOT HAVE TO TAKE RANDOM DRUG TEST, WHEN EVERYONE ELSE IN SOCIETY DOES..THEY ARE NO BETTER THAN THE REST OF US! IN FACT THEY SPEND MORE TIME WITH MY CHILD THAN I DO!
Government Cheese

United States

#3 Jun 5, 2009
BULLCRAP wrote:
HOW DOES A TEACH NOT HAVE TO TAKE RANDOM DRUG TEST, WHEN EVERYONE ELSE IN SOCIETY DOES..THEY ARE NO BETTER THAN THE REST OF US! IN FACT THEY SPEND MORE TIME WITH MY CHILD THAN I DO!
Good point. Since the average worker is subjected to drug tests so should civil servants.

Especially police officers considering they whould have no problem arresting for having them.

In addition they are possibly capable of "roid rage " if they are gym rats on a power trip.
Starr

Oxford, NC

#4 Jan 21, 2013
White collar workers usually don't get drug tested as much as a blue collar worker would.
(White collar workers- Usually work in offices
Blue collar workers- Labor unions, hands on jobs)
I don't know why it's this way. There are some states that have teachers get random drug tests, but i believe it's no more than 5. It apparently goes against teacher unions rights. For NC, West Virginia, Hawaii and maybe some other states, they do require you to AT LEAST get a drug test before you get hired. Random drug test though has been in and out of court for a while now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Carolina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bill filed to loosen knot over N Carolina "bath... 18 min Cordwainer Trout 5
News Religious freedom could top Sessions civil righ... 4 hr spocko 87
News Anti-choice forces are relentless. Like it or n... (Feb '12) Tue el chapo Gorka 1,149
You be the Judge because She sure isn't being a... (May '09) Feb 12 Atpeacewithme 59
Illegal Alien (Daca/Dreamer) arrested for Murder Feb 10 Taylor 1
News Dog owner sifts through pup's poop after he eat... (Mar '09) Feb 9 Brrrt N Ernie 40
News Legislators, gay rights groups press again for ... Feb 9 Xstain Mullah Decree 3
More from around the web