EBT food dispersals not happening

EBT food dispersals not happening

Posted in the North Carolina Forum

outdoorguy

Louisburg, NC

#1 Jul 18, 2013
After a major heart attack I was left disabled. I worked my entire life since I was 15 y/o. I got the letter saying I needed to respond within 14 days of the date the letter was mailed. It gave me 4 days to gather the information. I've given them everything they need. Come to find out, no notice, nothing on the counties website of their "NC FAST" rollout. After searching diligently I did find out in other counties that some people were not getting their EBT money for 2-3 months. I Live in Wake County, although I here it has been a major problem in all the counties. Is anyone else having this hang up on not getting assistance?

Before anyone makes some smart alecky comment about me getting a job, The doctor has repeatedly refused to allow me to return to work saying I am unable to even work part time as my disability is too severe. I am not a user or abuser of the system, but after the small pittance of disability I was awarded, I have less than $100 to spend on gas, insurance and anything else that is needed.

You can't reach anyone in the offices, and my "case worker" has refused to answer or return calls. I was told to come down to the main office and get a voucher so I could obtain food from one of the food pantries. Unfortunately, when I attempted to get something the shelves were bare, leading me to believe that this is happening to thousands of people.

Is anyone else, that actually TRULY depends on this pittance of money not getting it? I'm curious. I think the state should of at the very least sent letters out or even put on their website in NEWS that there was a problem. Seems they all want to close their eyes and stick their fingers in their ears and act as though nothing is wrong. Supposedly the staff was suppose to be trained before this massive rollout to a new computer system. It is suppose to be faster....the name is a joke. NC FAST?? come one, if you are left trying to live on less that $100 a month to buy food, how do you survive? Why hasn't the news stations picked up on this massive cluster&*^T&%T that have left the elderly and disabled on the short end of the stick. Seems they want to make sure people that have kids get priority over everyone else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Carolina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Historically Black Church Endorses Trump - Take... 17 min YouDidntBuildThat 6
News Theologian finds silver lining in election 'dum... 1 hr woodtick57 11
News In-person voting fraud is rare, doesn't affect ... 6 hr woodtick57 178
News How Donald Trump is slowly teaching Republicans... 21 hr Lawrence Wolf 48
Donald J.Trump is a Frigging Idiot and he is pa... Thu Trump A Crook And... 2
News Tech firms' encryption foe struggles for U.S. S... Thu Phyllis Schlafly ... 4
News Deaf shooting Aug 24 He Named Me Black... 6
More from around the web