Did North Carolina Admit to Targeting...

Did North Carolina Admit to Targeting Black Voters with a 'Voter ID' Law?

There are 37 comments on the New Urban Legends story from Monday Oct 22, titled Did North Carolina Admit to Targeting Black Voters with a 'Voter ID' Law?. In it, New Urban Legends reports that:

North Carolina admitted that a voter ID law was at least partly enacted in response to African-American voting tendencies that went against conservative interests. Tweets by two academics in October 2018 shed light on legislative efforts in North Carolina to target non-white voters, as documented by court excerpts they shared which were distributed widely online.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New Urban Legends.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
voted

Lincolnton, NC

#1 Monday Oct 22
I don't get this...I am white and I think we do need to have a voter ID law.
This thought has NOTHING to do with black voters.
I went to vote a few years back and a little elderly white voter came to vote, only to find out
her white daughter had voted for her before she had gotten to the poles.
The little lady was furious! and so was I.
Not only did she not get to vote for herself, but, she had no clue who the daughter in law
had voted for.
She went out into the car and litterly cried.
I felt so sorry for her.
DrFord

United States

#2 Monday Oct 22
voted wrote:
I went to vote a few years back and a little elderly white voter came to vote, only to find out
Not only did she not get to vote for herself, but, she had no clue who the daughter in law
had voted for.
I felt so sorry for her.
She cried instead of calling the police, what an idiot.
Sadbuttrue

Chantilly, VA

#3 Tuesday Oct 23
voted wrote:
had voted for.
I felt so sorry for her.
MACEO PATTERSON

White men don't go behind Balck men you don't offer anything! LMAO You thoiught nothing of Black folks you just kissed White women and White men's asses to be accepted and now look like a fool!
Impeach the Creep

Madison, WI

#4 Tuesday Oct 23
Voter fraud is an unsubstantiated myth.
Look up the findings of the Voter Fraud Committee and prove me wrong, please

NO ONE is going to commit a felony to bump an election by one vote.

Voter suppression, voter roll purges, disenfranchisement and gerrymandering are very real, and are being committed by the White Nationalist Party every day.

They MUST be stopped.
Impeach the Creep

United States

#5 Tuesday Oct 23
voted wrote:
had voted for.
I felt so sorry for her.
You are not allowed to vote for someone else without an extensive amount of paperwork and documentation , so you are either lying, or you are lying.
Paul

Raleigh, NC

#6 Tuesday Oct 23
"Two academics" represent North Carolina and are authorized to admit anything in the name of the State? Are blacks really so incompetent they cannot obtain photo ID free of charge from any Driver's License station? They can make it to polling stations but not to obtain a photo ID?
Paul

Raleigh, NC

#7 Tuesday Oct 23
"Two academics" represent North Carolina and are authorized to admit to anything in the name of the state?

“Watching The Snowflakes Rant”

Since: Feb 17

Location hidden

#8 Tuesday Oct 23
When you look at everything you need a photo ID for, virtually everyone already has one..........except those liberal voters in the cemetery.
INFIDEL

Laguna, NM

#10 Tuesday Oct 23
"Did North Carolina Admit to Targeting Black Voters with a 'Voter ID' Law?"

If you have to ask then the answer is "no".

“Watching The Snowflakes Rant”

Since: Feb 17

Location hidden

#11 Tuesday Oct 23
Colonel PeePeo wrote:
<quoted text>

This little old lady was a retardican
BS
sadbuttrue

Chantilly, VA

#14 Tuesday Oct 23
Colonel PeePeo wrote:
<quoted text>

This little old lady was a retardican
MACEO PATTERSON

White men don't go behind Balck men you don't offer anything! LMAO You thoiught nothing of Black folks you just kissed White women and White men's asses to be accepted and now look like a fool!
bottlecap

Charlotte, NC

#16 Tuesday Oct 23
voted wrote:
had voted for.
I felt so sorry for her.
That is tragic. One needs to have a photo ID just to rent a pair of bowling shoes.

The LAST Thing the dems want is an honest election.
bottlecap

Charlotte, NC

#17 Tuesday Oct 23
Paul wrote:
"Two academics" represent North Carolina and are authorized to admit anything in the name of the State? Are blacks really so incompetent they cannot obtain photo ID free of charge from any Driver's License station? They can make it to polling stations but not to obtain a photo ID?
Yes, a photo ID should be mandatory for something as important as voting. If anyone, black, white brown or red, is mentally incapable of getting a photo ID, they clearly lack the brain skills to understand political issues.
Impeach the Creep

Madison, WI

#18 Wednesday Oct 24
bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>

Yes, a photo ID should be mandatory for something as important as voting. If anyone, black, white brown or red, is mentally incapable of getting a photo ID, they clearly lack the brain skills to understand political issues.
So what’s your excuse?
Paul

Raleigh, NC

#20 Wednesday Oct 24
bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>

Blacks want to be considered equal to whites but then they, indirectly, admit they are not. Obviously, if someone is incapable of visiting their local driver's license office to obtain a free photo ID card, then they are vegetable-like primitives incapable of functioning in an advanced white society and are not qualified to vote.
Cujo

Pittsburgh, PA

#21 Wednesday Oct 24
voted wrote:
had voted for.
I felt so sorry for her.
I don't believe this story for a second. If the little old lady showed up to vote, and they said her vote had already been cast be her daughter they would be mandated to report the fraud immediately. And 1st you said her daughter, then you used daughter in law.

So which is it? Or are you just making this up?
Cujo

Pittsburgh, PA

#22 Wednesday Oct 24
bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>

That is tragic. One needs to have a photo ID just to rent a pair of bowling shoes.

The LAST Thing the dems want is an honest election.
Dems want a fair election, the GOP do not, and they admitted it.
bottlecap

United States

#23 Wednesday Oct 24
Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>

Dems want a fair election, the GOP do not, and they admitted it.
I'm for paper ballots, which create a paper trail in a close election. AND for photo IDs,

BUT, The 2-ton Elephant in the room is that it is impossible to have a "FAIR" election because of the Massive Propaganda Advantage that the dems have because of MSM BIAS.

The repubs should get well over a Hundred Million from the Federal Government just to level the playing field.
Impeach the Creep

Madison, WI

#24 Wednesday Oct 24
bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>

I'm for paper ballots, which create a paper trail in a close election. AND for photo IDs,

BUT, The 2-ton Elephant in the room is that it is impossible to have a "FAIR" election because of the Massive Propaganda Advantage that the dems have because of MSM BIAS.

The repubs should get well over a Hundred Million from the Federal Government just to level the playing field.
LOL!!

You White Nationalists already have voter ID, voter intimidation, voter suppression, voter roll purges and gerrymandering, how much more “level” do you want?

Lyft Partners With Voto Latino to Help Get Dodge City Voters to the Polls
http://fortune.com/2018/10/22/lyft-voto-latin...
bottlecap

United States

#25 Wednesday Oct 24
Impeach the Creep wrote:
<quoted text>

LOL!!

You White Nationalists already have voter ID, voter intimidation, voter suppression, voter roll purges and gerrymandering, how much more “level” do you want?

Lyft Partners With Voto Latino to Help Get Dodge City Voters to the Polls
http://fortune.com/2018/10/22/lyft-voto-latin...
So you are against a level playing field... I get it. You can't compared chump change with the Power of the Fascist Super Rich.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-ca...

"For each media outlet, we took the articles in our sample and computed a median sentiment score for Clinton and Trump. We then took the difference between those scores as a way of gauging whether coverage of one candidate was more positive or negative than coverage of the other."

"We found that all of the media outlets that we considered “liberal” treated Clinton more favorably."

"The more conservative outlets seemed more on the fence about Trump. In our sample of articles, only the coverage of Fox News was more positive toward Trump than Clinton,"
"Coverage at Weekly Standard, Wall Street Journal and Chicago Tribune didn’t clearly favor one candidate or the other.
----------
That adds up to well over a 100 Million Dollar ADVANTAGE for Hillary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Carolina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Confederate monument dispute has returned t... 3 hr Scratching 5
News Anti-vaccination community in North Carolina hi... 3 hr Scratching 1
sam lunsford gang (Mar '15) Nov 18 Spiderman 5
News NAACP: Protests will depend on lawmakers' actio... Nov 16 Loyal Royal 2
News Democrats break GOP - supermajority' in NC House Nov 10 The Piper 3
News Watch: Drunk White Woman Who Racially Harasses ... Nov 9 Kang 152
News Democratic wave faces GOP gerrymandering in US ... Oct 28 anonymous 1