Trooper slaying rocked region

Trooper slaying rocked region

There are 95 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Dec 31, 2008, titled Trooper slaying rocked region. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Mike McWilliams * [email protected] * published January 1, 2009 12:15 am Few news stories in Western North Carolina in 2008 touched as many as the shooting death of Trooper David Shawn Blanton Jr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

Since: Dec 08

Suffolk, VA

#57 Jan 2, 2009
What I don't understand is why you care so much about what people have decided of their own free will to do. Clearly you don't support Michaela. That's fine...leave her alone. It shouldn't matter to you that other people do support her. You act as if she actually has benefited from all of this. What gain could come from losing the love of your life (twice)? You know what I mean by saying twice if you are a parent. You clearly have an issue with this whole situation, but I don't understand how it became your business. I don't understand how you can't see the good in an entire community joining together to support a family. I don't understand how your heart can be so cold.
really

Suffolk, VA

#58 Jan 2, 2009
Who died wrote:
Tim is 100% legit and not in the charity pocket of the nchp, ebci, or the blanton circus.
nothing to gain.
unlike a troopers wife has been.
Then why can't anyone back up anything that he says!?
Down with the Syndrome

Greer, SC

#59 Jan 2, 2009
she milked the fundraising cow for every drop.

never turning down a payday.
never divulging that her medical bills were paid.

keeping every cent. to ease the pain.

cops call that 'misleading' when they do it.
the rest of us call it lying.
can you deny it? can you justify it?
NatNat

Princeton Junction, NJ

#60 Jan 3, 2009
Ok, I dont know you Tim, but it is very apparent you have some problems. I think you really need to find something else to do with your time instead of spreading lies and rumors. Maybe if you were happy in your own life you wouldnt be so worried about someone elses.
Cornbread1

Princeton Junction, NJ

#63 Jan 3, 2009
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do know but I'm not going to put names on here and if you know her as well as you say you do you know who they are. Why tarnish their names just because someone is throwing it on them?
I don't know her and I never said that I did.

Why don't you just provide some facts?

Suffolk, VA

#65 Jan 3, 2009
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
What could she gain? The two things that she has wanted all her life...money and fame. She sure got over the "love of her life" pretty darn quick don't you think? I hope you know where your husband is at night.
Ha! There are those of us that don't believe that everyone is out to screw around and we don't have to worry about where our husbands are. When mine is not with his family he is serving the people of NC. What do you do with your spare time beyond creating rumors and spreading lies?

What makes you think she is over Shawn? I don't know you (at least I don't think I do), but you are a despicable person. What is your goal in posting all this filth on here?

Suffolk, VA

#66 Jan 3, 2009
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you worried that it is your man? You seem awfully interested.
I don't think anyone is worried that it is their man, because we all know that you are lying.
NatNat

Princeton Junction, NJ

#67 Jan 3, 2009
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you want a picture? Do you deny that she has been hot on the party circuit? If what I say is not true why are her friends trying to justify what she is doing by saying she shouldn't be sitting home alone and should be out with her friends. Is that what all the troopers do on their free time...get drunk? I'll answer that one for you...yes, and you know it is true. If you are waiting on me to blast the names of troopers that are hitting it, Im not going to. I'll see if I can get some pictures next time if that is what you REALLY want though.
You sound like you are 5 yrs old. "I know something you dont know but Im not going to tell you" What you you REALLY want? i thought you were all about the "TRUTH". I dont believe you because for one, if you really did know something like that I have no doubt you would be ready to shout it from the roof tops just according to the way you speak and the things you have posted on here. Its obvious you have some kind of vendetta/bitterness towards her somehow or else you uwouldn't be saying the kinds of things you are saying. And accordiing to going out, so? Arent you the one who said "she needs to get on with her life because 6 months was too long to grieve"? You really need to get a life?
NatNat

Princeton Junction, NJ

#68 Jan 3, 2009
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you worried that it is your man? You seem awfully interested.
Are you mad because it isnt you? Because you are the one who seems so interested...
Mount N Do

Greenville, SC

#69 Jan 3, 2009
A yankee done it.
NatNat

Princeton Junction, NJ

#72 Jan 3, 2009
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say 6 months was too long to grieve. I said it was time she got a JOB. She is using it as an excuse to not get a job but is getting on with her life in every other aspect. Believe what you want. It is those people who keep giving money that she is making look like fools not me.
You seem to be making a fool of yourself just fine without anyone's help.

Since: Nov 08

The Mountains of WNC

#73 Jan 3, 2009
chocolate wrote:
maybe tim is a jealous trooper that wants a slice of the pie she is handing out.
Hopefully no one as emotionally sick as Tim is a trooper, or any other law enforcement officer. He has an unnatural fixation with Mrs. Blanton and under certain circumstances he could be classified as a stalker. He is certainly jealous of her and apparently he feels that she has offended him in some way, perhaps by turning down his advances? At any rate, he is fixated on her and I submit that anything he posts about her activities are lies, and probably slanderous if she wanted to pursue the issue. Tim needs to get a life and quit worrying about what Mrs. Blanton is or is not doing. It is none of his business.

The Mountains of WNC

#74 Jan 3, 2009
Cornbread1 wrote:
Tim..........
..........knows.
If I had to guess, I would say that ole Tim is a cop "groupie." He hangs around the department, listens to their gossip and other conversations, then goes out and pretends to be the "man in the know." He knows nothing, he's just a blowhard, but he can sure get some of these posters riled up, which may be his point. I say ignore him.
Earthling

Greer, SC

#75 Jan 3, 2009
The same can be said of you, Wiley. Stop stalking Tim.

Tim is pointing out that the Widow Blanton is banking on the misfortune. Her name only comes up when her hand is out.

She's got more money now than a cop could shakedown in a lifetime.

Her greatest tragedy is that Tye is no longer the family breadwinner. What's a girl to do?!!?

The Mountains of WNC

#76 Jan 3, 2009
Earthling wrote:
The same can be said of you, Wiley. Stop stalking Tim.
Tim is pointing out that the Widow Blanton is banking on the misfortune. Her name only comes up when her hand is out.
She's got more money now than a cop could shakedown in a lifetime.
Her greatest tragedy is that Tye is no longer the family breadwinner. What's a girl to do?!!?
Tim is stalking the posters on this forum. His continual postings are disgusting. You know nothing of the Blanton's financial situation, and you are presumptious to make statements about Mrs. Blanton and her family. In fact, your postings sound just like Tim. So now Tim is posting under another name! How INSANELY clever!
Earthling

Greer, SC

#77 Jan 3, 2009
Sorry, I'm not Tim. But sometimes I'm TyeDied.

If you're looking for the name-jumpers, the ISP location of Sylva would be a dead giveaway.

Just so you know, not everyone is foolish enough to keep buying into the poor widow story. Even her PR zombies aren't pushing the 'medical expenses' line anymore. Too easy to disprove. Now it's just 'poor lil blonde widow wif no one to love'

Riiiight. Lemme write you a check.

The Mountains of WNC

#78 Jan 3, 2009
Earthling wrote:
Sorry, I'm not Tim. But sometimes I'm TyeDied.
If you're looking for the name-jumpers, the ISP location of Sylva would be a dead giveaway.
Just so you know, not everyone is foolish enough to keep buying into the poor widow story. Even her PR zombies aren't pushing the 'medical expenses' line anymore. Too easy to disprove. Now it's just 'poor lil blonde widow wif no one to love'
Riiiight. Lemme write you a check.
You are in Tim's category. Jealous, stalking, negative, slanderous. Nobody's making you give money to her, so if you don't want to, then don't. But do not negate the right of others to do as they see fit with their money, including donating some to Mrs. Blanton. What others do with their money is not your business, or Tim's, either.

Since: Jan 09

Burlington, NC

#81 Jan 3, 2009
This was a tragic and horrific act of violence. These Police Officers need our respect and assistance to Stop these and other Crimes. They do not need negative or harassment that some of the few feel singled out.
Yes there are always a bad apple in the barrel but that does not mean we condemn ALL.

The Mountains of WNC

#82 Jan 3, 2009
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny that you should be called Wiley Coyote. Isn't he the one that the roadrunner kept making a fool of? You are not much different than the real Wiley Coyote. Keep handing her that money while she is laughing at you behind your back.hahaha
What I choose to do with my money is none of your business. Go away, Tim. You've worn out your welcome, and you have nothing to say. Nothing. Never have had anything to say. Just rehashing your negative b.s. You have no knowledge of Mrs. Blanton. Your gossip, lies and innuendos that you continue to post about her may well put you in a serious legal situation. So, shut up, butt out, go away. And yes, they can trace you through your ISP. So you're not safe, can't hide, so just go away.
Earthling

Greer, SC

#83 Jan 3, 2009
So you're basically saying that she has NO need, yet keeps taking, and that's OKAY?

If there were an OBVIOUS fraud, why not expose it? How many legit. needy groups are out there? Hundreds. Yet YOU think she's more worthy than, say, battered women, malnurished kids, and homeless vets.

Every dollar that goes to her is stolen from a truly needy cause.

You sicken me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Carolina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Russian hackers targeted election systems in 21... Fri Latter Day Taints 21
News Interview: Axelrod on Hillary Clinton's Politic... (Jan '13) Fri Backroom Health care 14
News Transgender North Carolina Musical, the Body Po... Jun 22 TerriB1 1
News Supreme Court strikes down sex offender social ... Jun 21 CodeTalker 7
News Starbucks Baristas in Trouble for Putting 'Buil... Jun 18 MAGA123 2
News North Carolina's "bathroom bill" repeal: who's ... Jun 16 Louis Stephenson 4
News Whopping $100 million water bill shocks North C... Jun 16 andet1987 5
More from around the web