Trooper slaying rocked region

Trooper slaying rocked region

There are 95 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Dec 31, 2008, titled Trooper slaying rocked region. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Mike McWilliams * [email protected] * published January 1, 2009 12:15 am Few news stories in Western North Carolina in 2008 touched as many as the shooting death of Trooper David Shawn Blanton Jr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Sgt Rock

Since: Jun 07

Johnson City, TN

#1 Jan 1, 2009
Does the family want to be reminded of this over and over again? Let this man rest in peace.
jobless whitey

Auburn, AL

#2 Jan 1, 2009
yes sgt. i think this has bee3n run into the ground. no pun intended !
FKC

Suffolk, VA

#3 Jan 1, 2009
NO, it didn't!!
guyfawkes

United States

#4 Jan 1, 2009
How about we focus oo the fact that we live in an ever increasing police state. Which reveals the true jobs of police-to be fascist pigs!!

Sgt Rock

Since: Jun 07

Johnson City, TN

#5 Jan 1, 2009
guyfawkes wrote:
How about we focus oo the fact that we live in an ever increasing police state. Which reveals the true jobs of police-to be fascist pigs!!
Hows about you shuttin the hell up?
Sandra_D

Raleigh, NC

#6 Jan 1, 2009
guyfawkes wrote:

Why don't you get out there and try the job for 1 shift?!?!?! Until then, don't bother responding!!
AVL Native

Canton, NC

#7 Jan 1, 2009
I'm with you guys - When are they going to let this story go?!
I'm sorry for his family. But man, I'm tired of hearing about it.
Bought out UAW Worker

United States

#9 Jan 1, 2009
They must continue to broadcast this story to help bolster the fundraisers and donation intakes. When the widow remarries a fellow trooper then we can let go of this story.
What

Denver, NC

#11 Jan 1, 2009
Bought out UAW Worker wrote:
They must continue to broadcast this story to help bolster the fundraisers and donation intakes. When the widow remarries a fellow trooper then we can let go of this story.
This time was all AC-T's doing. As the article states, the family couldn't be reached for comment.

“Into the iris I fall...”

Since: Jul 07

Enka Lake, NC

#12 Jan 1, 2009
Adam Henry
us vet

Inman, SC

#13 Jan 1, 2009
The man who killed trooper was from florida, not
a citizen of asheville. No greiving are continuous
stories about local citizens who have been killed or
hospitalized from excessive force from local law enforcement officers. Instead of keep reminding his
family of this senseless death, remember his infant son went home to be with his father also, We
need more officers and better training for everyone
in law enforcement. This story needs to end and let
the family heal.
Vanilla

United States

#15 Jan 1, 2009
Yes, youre right its just all a great big conspiracy.(Im being sarcastic, just so you know).
Vanilla

United States

#16 Jan 1, 2009
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, THIS TIME, what about the 1000 other times? I agree with the other poster this story has to be kept alive to keep money rolling in to the merry widow.
Of course, it does (Im rolling my eyes).
uelsewhere

Savannah, GA

#17 Jan 1, 2009
somebody please correct me if im wrong but didnt ms. blanton just partipicate in some sort of pagent if so i dont think shes griving to much.
boy wunder

United States

#18 Jan 1, 2009
Wrathchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam Henry
what about g436
Sandra_D

Raleigh, NC

#19 Jan 1, 2009
uelsewhere wrote:
somebody please correct me if im wrong but didnt ms. blanton just partipicate in some sort of pagent if so i dont think shes griving to much.
She wasn't in the pageant- she co-emceed, and presented the "Trooper Shawn Blanton Community Involvement Award"-$100 for college and $100 to a charity of the winner's choice.
Sandra_D

Raleigh, NC

#23 Jan 1, 2009
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
Her social life is going strong. She is not sitting at home grieving by no means. She can't spend all those hundreds of thousands of dollars that was donated at home.
And you know she's out spending money how? Do you spend your time with Ms. Blanton? Something tells me the answer is NO!! Have a heart! And if you can't do anything besides get on here and slam this widow, stay off. Has she asked for all of this attention? Ms. Blanton did not ask for her husband to be taken from her, for her child to be taken from her, for any of this....How dare anyone get on here and critize her because OTHERS have chosen to raise money for her situtation! Wether you realize it or not, the hospital bills are still going to exist! It doesn't matter that her husband and child passed! The hospitals do not just write these bills off because they passed - they still have to be paid!!

I know some are saying "what about the other families...others who have lost spouses in the line of duty, children...", and I understand! But to critize Ms. Blanton is ridiculous and unwarranted!
no doubt33

Jacksonville, FL

#24 Jan 1, 2009
Sandra_D wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know she's out spending money how? Do you spend your time with Ms. Blanton? Something tells me the answer is NO!! Have a heart! And if you can't do anything besides get on here and slam this widow, stay off. Has she asked for all of this attention? Ms. Blanton did not ask for her husband to be taken from her, for her child to be taken from her, for any of this....How dare anyone get on here and critize her because OTHERS have chosen to raise money for her situtation! Wether you realize it or not, the hospital bills are still going to exist! It doesn't matter that her husband and child passed! The hospitals do not just write these bills off because they passed - they still have to be paid!!
I know some are saying "what about the other families...others who have lost spouses in the line of duty, children...", and I understand! But to critize Ms. Blanton is ridiculous and unwarranted!
The hospitals are not in line to collect, they have already been paid, by the state and government. See those of you that are not well informed believe Mrs Blanton has lots of bills to pay. All she has to do now is spend, keep collecting and probably live off the interest
alex

Asheville, NC

#25 Jan 1, 2009
no doubt33 wrote:
<quoted text>The hospitals are not in line to collect, they have already been paid, by the state and government. See those of you that are not well informed believe Mrs Blanton has lots of bills to pay. All she has to do now is spend, keep collecting and probably live off the interest
Everyone on here who has written a negative comment about Ms. Blanton is just jealous of the money and attention she has gotten, which is sad. Whats wrong with people donating money and helping her out? I assume your happy for someone who wins the lottery? Why cant you be happy for someone that could actually use the help? Let me guess, you have never donated to anyone in need, doesnt suprise me. ITS NOT YOUR DONATED MONEY, SO WHY ARE YOU WORRIED ABOUT HOW ITS USED!!!!!!!!!!
Keith former Gun-bunny

United States

#26 Jan 1, 2009
Sgt Rock wrote:
<quoted text>
Hows about you shuttin the hell up?
LOL. Tell 'em Sarge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Carolina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How Donald Trump is slowly teaching Republicans... 6 min Imprtnrd 45
News In-person voting fraud is rare, doesn't affect ... 14 min WeTheSheeple 165
Donald J.Trump is a Frigging Idiot and he is pa... 8 hr Trump A Crook And... 2
News Historically Black Church Endorses Trump - Take... 8 hr OccupyThis 5
News Tech firms' encryption foe struggles for U.S. S... 19 hr Phyllis Schlafly ... 4
News Deaf shooting Wed He Named Me Black... 6
News Charlotte Pride Revelers Give Big Gay Finger to... Aug 23 Rainbow Kid 1
More from around the web