Why You Shouldn't Donate to the Salva...

Why You Shouldn't Donate to the Salvation Army Bell Ringers

Posted in the Mississippi Forum

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#1 Dec 7, 2011
"The Salvation Army has a history of active discrimination against gays and lesbians."

"The organization also has a record of actively lobbying governments worldwide for anti-gay policies - including an attempt to make consensual gay sex illegal.(Yes, you're paying lobbyists with those donations.)"

So, not all of your donations are being used for helping the needy. Some of that money is going to lobbyists.

"Instead of donating to the Salvation Army, choose a different charity that will help everyone without prejudice. Find a local secular charity - or here are some national organizations that provide help to anyone who needs it:

* Goodwill (disabled and unemployed)
* The Red Cross (medical and emergency relief)
* Doctors Without Borders (medical and emergency relief)
* Habitat for Humanity (homelessness and housing)"
The Rogue

Olive Branch, MS

#2 Dec 9, 2011
Why should it bother you if the Salvation Army is against queers? MMMmmmm m m m m.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Pale Blue Dot

#3 Dec 9, 2011
The Rogue wrote:
Why should it bother you if the Salvation Army is against queers? MMMmmmm m m m m.
The point of the story was that there are plenty of worthwhile organisations that don't discriminate against groups of people. However, I realize that non-discrimination is foreign to xtains.
The Rogue

Olive Branch, MS

#4 Dec 9, 2011
MrDesoto1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The point of the story was that there are plenty of worthwhile organisations that don't discriminate against groups of people. However, I realize that non-discrimination is foreign to xtains.
I seriously doubt if you actually "realize" much of anything. It appears you belong to the 2%(or less) of America's population that are interested in gay equality. Besides your "equal rights", what makes you think that the Salvation Army is not worthwhile? Don't bother,....I don't want to hear your weak reasoning.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Pale Blue Dot

#5 Dec 9, 2011
The Rogue wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously doubt if you actually "realize" much of anything. It appears you belong to the 2%(or less) of America's population that are interested in gay equality. Besides your "equal rights", what makes you think that the Salvation Army is not worthwhile? Don't bother,....I don't want to hear your weak reasoning.
You obviously prefer to use ad ho·mi·nem fallacies (Attacking an opponent's motives or character rather than the policy or position they maintain.), because you're emotionally unable to discuss the posted issue.
The Rogue

Olive Branch, MS

#6 Dec 9, 2011
MrDesoto1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously prefer to use ad ho·mi·nem fallacies (Attacking an opponent's motives or character rather than the policy or position they maintain.), because you're emotionally unable to discuss the posted issue.
Not even on a bad day! But you are correct to some extent. I do prefer to avoid detestable, low life subjects. On the other hand, I know of nothing wrong with the Salvation Army. Evidentally you do but for a degenerative excuse,... NOT reason.
The Rogue

Olive Branch, MS

#7 Dec 9, 2011
MrDesoto1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously prefer to use ad ho·mi·nem
Oh,... and I don't mind admitting that I've never heard of the term used above and you can bet I won't remember it.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Pale Blue Dot

#8 Dec 9, 2011
Boycott The Salvation Army

"And, there is no place for hate in charity"
The Rogue

Olive Branch, MS

#9 Dec 9, 2011
MrDesoto1 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =FXcSQ6OW6oAXX
I did (try) to listen to your youtube message but it sure wasn't very convincing. "If" someone with some authority with the Salvation Army should tell me that,... maybe a different story! In the meantime, where on earth did the originators come up with that......?... thing that was trying to read the message that I was supposed to absorb? Such a poor job she did!!!
Objective Viewer

Shawnee, KS

#10 Jan 8, 2012
MrDesoto1 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =FXcSQ6OW6oAXX
The above post refers to your claim that "The Salvation Army" has hatred in its charity concerning alleged opposition to gay marriages.

More than one religion views homosexuality as a deviation from the divine intent in creation.

The Salvation Army is only practicing what its holy book dictates.

It is not against your rights. It simply does not promote what it sees as deviation from God. The fact that we are in modern times and homosexuality and sexual exploration is popular does not in and of itself require that religions should change their time held positions, which are based on their holy books.

You certainly do not have to agree with any religion or any church within a certain religion and I respect your position; however, if a church wishes to remain steadfast in their timeheld beliefs, in this case concerning homosexuality, then that is part of their belief structure, which represents the foundation of their religion.

The Salvation Army gives more to more people and social programs than any other charity out there. They should absolutely be praised and honored for their contribution to humanity and they should continue to be supported for the millions upon millions of people that they help.

I am certain that The Salvation Army would help any homosexual in need and they would be there for you personally in a minute if you lost everything or had any other need. They simply do not choose to bend to supporting what in their eyes is deviation from the way God created things and what the Bible says.

When you give to the Salvation Army, you are giving to the less fortunate. What could be more Christlike?
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#11 Jan 8, 2012
To "Objective Viewer" above,...your post is very well worded, honest and positively intended. We need more of your kind and absolutely none of the anti- Jesus Christ! Thank You!!
Tired of stupid people

United States

#12 Nov 2, 2013
In ABSOLUTELY no way was that post objective. Sorry, try again. And the statement about only 2% of this nation being interested in gay rights is disgustingly incorrect. I work for a nonprofit that truly does not discriminate and that is how it should be. As the quote above said, there is no room for discrimination in charity. What religious people do with their "holy books" in the privacy of their homes is their business. But they need to stop trying to force it on society. I believe in God but I don't agree with these man-made religions that seek to control people. Do the intelligent people in the world a favor and keep your crazy cult junk to yourself. The Salvation Army may do some good but who cares if it is based on something as nasty and detestable as discrimination!
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#13 Nov 20, 2013
Tired of stupid people wrote:
Sorry, try again. The Salvation Army may do some good but "who cares if" it is based on something as nasty and detestable as discrimination!
Oh, about 97.99% of the population of this great straight America..."Sorry, try again!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mississippi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mississippi gay marriage law remains blocked du... 9 hr Frank 34
Brent Waller of the Kkk is mentally ill Nov 23 Imperial Wizard W... 3
News Shock poll: 46% of Mississippi GOP would vote t... (Apr '11) Nov 22 Trump Univetsity ... 275
News NMHS, United seek solution, finding little agre... Nov 22 Profits Come First 3
News Indoor smoking bans hit a decade in Northeast M... Nov 20 Smoking Bars 3
News Biloxi's A.J. Holloway is coast's highest paid ... (Sep '14) Nov 18 Tim holloway 12
News Tupelo council to consider state flag policy Nov 12 The Stealth 29
More from around the web