Miss. Politician Threatens Second Ame...

Miss. Politician Threatens Second Amendment Remedies Over Chick-fil-A

There are 7 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Aug 3, 2012, titled Miss. Politician Threatens Second Amendment Remedies Over Chick-fil-A. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

South Mississippi Congressional candidate Ron Williams has some choice words for those who have vowed to block new Chick-fil-A restaurants over Dan Cathy's opposition to same-sex marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1 Aug 3, 2012
Another idiot running for office. Mr. Williams has no clue what our constitution says or he is like so many other christians who just ignore it plus he has twisted this entire issue with Dan Cathy.

What Dan Cathy stands for is discrimination based on his religion and he has given money to support legalized religious discrimination, this is what people are upset about. Williams and Cathy can say what they want but when it comes down to it both are ignoring the first sentence of the first amendment. So I guess that means Williams and Cathy need to be reminded of the 2nd amendment.

In case you have no clue what that first sentence states: Congress shall not make any law establishing a religion. Tradition Marriage is tied up in religion and making laws that prevents gays/lesbians from marriage is establishing a religion.

Since: Feb 09

Southern California

#2 Aug 3, 2012
Jalene in the wild wrote:
Another idiot running for office. Mr. Williams has no clue what our constitution says or he is like so many other christians who just ignore it plus he has twisted this entire issue with Dan Cathy.
What Dan Cathy stands for is discrimination based on his religion and he has given money to support legalized religious discrimination, this is what people are upset about. Williams and Cathy can say what they want but when it comes down to it both are ignoring the first sentence of the first amendment. So I guess that means Williams and Cathy need to be reminded of the 2nd amendment.
In case you have no clue what that first sentence states: Congress shall not make any law establishing a religion. Tradition Marriage is tied up in religion and making laws that prevents gays/lesbians from marriage is establishing a religion.
Ah Christianity the mother of all Evils !

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#3 Aug 3, 2012
If people even threaten the mayors with guns the police and military should be arresting the perpetrators not the mayor. I don't see the military threatening politicians on behalf of Chick-Fil-A either. The controversy over Chick-Fil-A is not a justification for violence. If the mayors are in the wrong then them banning the business will be found unconstitutional I'm certain and I'm sure the ACLU would represent Chick-Fil-A just as quickly as they would anyone else if the business is in the right.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#4 Aug 3, 2012
No one is violating the First Amendment rights of Chick-Fil-A or freedom of speech/religion, etc. Who is doing that?! No one! The government is not shutting down their business because of their stance on same-sex marriage or their donations to anti-gay HATE groups. To my knowledge people are within their constitutional rights to boycott a business and that is what gays and their allies are doing. It does not infringe upon the constitutional rights of Chick-Fil-A I'm sure.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#7 Aug 4, 2012
"South Mississippi Congressional candidate Ron Williams has some choice words for those who have vowed to block new Chick-fil-A restaurants over Dan Cathy’s opposition to same-sex marriage. He said that they “need to be introduced to the Second Amendment ASAP.”"

Religion, Hate, and Violence run Hand-In-hand.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#10 Aug 6, 2012
Sure, it's always been easier to turn away from God's Word, the right, and to gallop down the path of wrong and just "do what feels good." Regardless of Chic-Fil-A, I can't help but believe that's what the gay society is guilty of. But that path, along with all others, leads to the one that goes to judgement day. I'm going to do my best not to cross HIM. I feel better that way. I'll allow you to do as you feel best. See ya there!!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#11 Aug 7, 2012
I don't believe that the government should block a business in this way.

I believe that, if you do not support where they spend the money you hand them, that you personally should avoid them, and encourage your friends and others to do so as well.

Free speech should never be quashed by the government, no matter how ignorant and hateful it might be. It's up to the people to protest in any legal way, if they choose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mississippi Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mississippian wins gold in the Special Olympics Thu Hillbilly 1
News Barbour Won't Denounce KKK Plates (Feb '11) Jul 17 rebel111 25
News Mississippi, Tennessee debate future of Confede... Jul 8 rebel111 18
News Funeral for B.B. King held in Mississippi Delta... Jul 2 The Stealth 2
News 5th Circuit tells courts to issue same-sex marr... Jul 2 CZars_R_US 7
News LGBTQ rights are not a threat to religious freedom Jun '15 Dan 9
News Shock poll: 46% of Mississippi GOP would vote t... (Apr '11) Jun '15 ritedownthemiddle 252
More from around the web