Animal Advocates say shelter dogs wer...

Animal Advocates say shelter dogs were beaten by police in Eldon, Missouri

There are 11 comments on the Examiner.com story from Jan 6, 2013, titled Animal Advocates say shelter dogs were beaten by police in Eldon, Missouri. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

There is disturbing news out of the Missouri Ozarks. An organization of animal welfare advocates that calls itself "Saving Dogs of Missouri" is asking all animal lovers to stand up to the officials in the small town of Eldon,Missouri. They say two Eldon police officer brutally beat dogs before taking them to be euthanized, According to animal ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

George

Cape Girardeau, MO

#1 Jan 7, 2013
I can not believe that nothing was done to these two persons and that they still have jobs.
They could have thrown a bucket of water on them and it would have worked on getting them apart. I think they are sadist. If this had happend in a city they would have been charged with animal cruelty. Many serial killers start out abusing animals. What is wrong with the pound keeping people like this around. No wonder it is never open so the public can go in to look for their lost pets.
Hope there are lots of people at the meeting Tue. night
danjo

Oroville, CA

#2 Jan 7, 2013
No, a bucket of water will NOT separate them. Old wives tale. Go read up on canine anatomy and breeding process and you will realize that they will not separate until Mother Nature and their own physiology dictates a separation.
George wrote:
I can not believe that nothing was done to these two persons and that they still have jobs.
They could have thrown a bucket of water on them and it would have worked on getting them apart. I think they are sadist. If this had happend in a city they would have been charged with animal cruelty. Many serial killers start out abusing animals. What is wrong with the pound keeping people like this around. No wonder it is never open so the public can go in to look for their lost pets.
Hope there are lots of people at the meeting Tue. night
HaneyLoka

Daly City, CA

#3 Jan 7, 2013
Why not beat the pigs to death?
George

Cape Girardeau, MO

#4 Jan 7, 2013
danjo wrote:
No, a bucket of water will NOT separate them. Old wives tale. Go read up on canine anatomy and breeding process and you will realize that they will not separate until Mother Nature and their own physiology dictates a separation.
<quoted text>
I have used water and it does work. The point is the idiots did not have to beat them.
Jerry

United States

#5 Jan 7, 2013
This is a long way from over, investigations, animal rghts, etc. Then charges I am sure will be processed. I agree these employees obviously don't understand animals and should not be allowed to work with them!
What

Lockhart, TX

#6 Jan 13, 2013
HaneyLoka wrote:
Why not beat the pigs to death?
. Your not beating my hog to death there tough boy!
Angry

United States

#7 Jan 15, 2013
the eldon officers think there above the law they should be treated as criminals arrest rhem have there day in court its illegal
jen

Jefferson City, MO

#8 Jan 27, 2013
No what needs to happen someone needs to beat them dwn like they did the dogs.sounds like to me,they are getting some practice up before they do it to a human!ya u 2 are a pos!!!
the real guest

Ridgedale, MO

#9 Jan 28, 2013
Why doesn't the press realease the names of the officers involved?
What

United States

#10 Jan 28, 2013
Why don't you people shut up! This is none of your business!
Chrissy

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Apr 14, 2013
Has anyone heard of James "JT" who used to be with Eldon Animal Control?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Missouri Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Missouri Man Pleads Guilty to Arson at Mosque a... Wed Thinking 21
News Tree used for hangings in southeast Missouri ta... Apr 30 Folklore 1
Election Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) Apr 29 old dod 6,890
News Pro-Trump, anti-Mexican messages chalked on Cal... Apr 19 spud 7
News From the History Room @ The Pekin Public Librar... Apr 16 Jane Lucy Marie 1
News Slain officer gets marker at Joplin, Missouri g... Apr 16 Lucy Jane Ann 1
News Billy Joe Hart Apr 16 LUCY JANE 1
More from around the web