Reducing use of coal as energy will s...

Reducing use of coal as energy will spike Missourians' bills

There are 1 comment on the Quincy Journal story from Sep 21, 2012, titled Reducing use of coal as energy will spike Missourians' bills. In it, Quincy Journal reports that:

President and CEO of Associated Industries of Missouri Ray McCarty was a guest on WTAD's Morning Meeting Friday to discuss CountOnCoal.org. Count on Coal is a campaign put together to inform Americans of the benefits of coal-generated electricity, while protecting and promoting the use of coal for power.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Quincy Journal.

Tom

Kansas City, MO

#1 Sep 22, 2012
Burning coal is necessary at this point. It is not environmentally friendly but it can be made cleaner if the companies who use it clean up its emissions. Slag can be used in the cement industry as can fly ash. The emissions from the stacks can be filtered. It will never be perfect but it can be made better while we improve alternate sources of energy. The requirement that all things must be black or white raher than admitting shades of gray is political rather than practial.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Missouri Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Women Open up About Abortion in a New HBO Docum... (Aug '16) Sep 23 WHITE TRASH TRAIL... 13
News Republican Report Blames Abortion for Illegal I... (Nov '06) Sep 19 Norbert of Norview 8
News Missouri receives $1.2M federal grant to help d... (Aug '06) Sep 19 Norbert of Norview 2
Men that are Not The Biological Father Still FO... (May '09) Sep 7 Funjimol 57
News Judge Says Mo. Must Redo Execution Plan (Sep '06) Sep 2 Just knowing him 7
News Missouri's Jewish Governor At Center Of High St... Apr '17 Trumpenstien Poli... 3
News Blunt's aide haunted by nude photos on web (Mar '07) Feb '17 Anon 13
More from around the web