Missouri Mandates English for CDL Tests

Missouri Mandates English for CDL Tests

There are 25 comments on the Heavy Duty Trucking story from Jul 21, 2008, titled Missouri Mandates English for CDL Tests. In it, Heavy Duty Trucking reports that:

As part of a crackdown on illegal immigration, new laws in Missouri require that commercial driver's license tests be given in English with no translation assistance.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Heavy Duty Trucking.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DCL

Lincoln, NE

#1 Jul 21, 2008
Gov. Matt Blunt's state runs a tight ship! This is great!
NE Red

Lincoln, NE

#2 Jul 21, 2008
There's definitely a celebration going on in Nebraska this morning. Trucking companies are behind this and will push for the same!
Madison

“Enforce our Immigration Laws!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#3 Jul 21, 2008
I hope that every state is smart enough to get a law like this into effect.
Can you just imagine the mess of signs?? Not to mention the cost of putting up street signs in all the languages people are speaking in this country??? It would be insane!!
NE Red

Lincoln, NE

#4 Jul 21, 2008
The last I knew our state prints 10 DMV booklets in foreign languages. That's an outrageous cost to the taxpayers. If you can't read in English, you can't read English signs! Wonder what the total would be nationwide for all this bizzare prining?
NE Red

Lincoln, NE

#5 Jul 21, 2008
Here's looking at you Captn Greg! I want to live in Missouri!!!!!
No mas illegals

Xenia, OH

#6 Jul 21, 2008
Good call Governor Blunt!

“Got World Peace? ”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#7 Jul 21, 2008
Hmmm, they issued 25,230 tickets at $500 a pop to those who didn't speak English when they were pulled over. Then why, may I ask, did they even offer the stupid test in all "SPANISH", IN THE FIRST PLACE. What a bunch of morons we have running these places!! If they don't know English, then, they are not qualified to drive/work in an English speaking county...PERIOD!
No mas illegals

Xenia, OH

#8 Jul 21, 2008
-Plainfield Mom - wrote:
Hmmm, they issued 25,230 tickets at $500 a pop to those who didn't speak English when they were pulled over. Then why, may I ask, did they even offer the stupid test in all "SPANISH", IN THE FIRST PLACE. What a bunch of morons we have running these places!! If they don't know English, then, they are not qualified to drive/work in an English speaking county...PERIOD!
That is TOO MUCH common sense for ANY official to have.......
NE Red

Lincoln, NE

#9 Jul 21, 2008
-Plainfield Mom - wrote:
Ask our Federal Government and pro-amnesty whiners is what I'd say. The trucks coming out of MX don't keep logbooks, because they can't read them. But US truckers are fined for no logbooks, falsified logs, speeding, etc. We have no clue how many hours a Mexican trucker has been on duty. US drivers with a CDL are mandated for hours on and hours off. It's about time the issue comes forward, period. And it's not just Mexican drivers. I've had drivers in my business with turbins on their heads, however, they spoke a few words in English. Gotta run
NE Red

Lincoln, NE

#11 Jul 21, 2008
For our West Coast friends to read!

Since: Mar 08

United States

#13 Jul 22, 2008
NE Red wrote:
For our West Coast friends to read!
As an EX west coast resident ( 65 years) I agree..

On a recent vacation trip to visit family in a small valley town, I was amazed to see "fast food" billboards all in spanish..Not one word of english on the billboards..Go figure..

Thank you God for the mid-west...
No mas illegals

Xenia, OH

#14 Jul 22, 2008
Pegasus_Flying wrote:
<quoted text>
As an EX west coast resident ( 65 years) I agree..
On a recent vacation trip to visit family in a small valley town, I was amazed to see "fast food" billboards all in spanish..Not one word of english on the billboards..Go figure..
Thank you God for the mid-west...
They're invading the mid-west also.......time to put a stop to it now before we're overrun like LA, Phoenix, Houston, Miami, etc.

“Illegals are not immigrants...”

Since: Apr 07

Mid-south, USA

#15 Jul 22, 2008
Wow, a governor with testicular fortitude, that is indeed very refreshing! This is an initiative that needs to be visited by all states. The next thing we need to work on, is the issue of birthright citizenship.
NE Red

Lincoln, NE

#16 Jul 22, 2008
No mas illegals wrote:
<quoted text>
They're invading the mid-west also.......time to put a stop to it now before we're overrun like LA, Phoenix, Houston, Miami, etc.
If we the people were ever heard.....woulnd't that be something? Fremont NE is looking at the illegal alien situation currently and I'm behind them 100%. See Proposed ban stirs uproar in Fremont
We're all being over-taken by other than English speaking people. All over the country. Missouri's Governor should get an award!
No mas illegals

Xenia, OH

#17 Jul 22, 2008
NE Red wrote:
<quoted text> If we the people were ever heard.....woulnd't that be something? Fremont NE is looking at the illegal alien situation currently and I'm behind them 100%. See Proposed ban stirs uproar in Fremont
We're all being over-taken by other than English speaking people. All over the country. Missouri's Governor should get an award!
Agreed. The problem is that most Americans are friendly and warm, thus we've allowed the pervasiveness of illegal underground culture to flourish mostly unimpeded thus far. Our kindness has been mistaken for weakness and our welcoming ways have been exploited.

It has become an intolerable situation for most Americans, thus the outrage expressed here is understandable.
NE Red

Lincoln, NE

#18 Jul 22, 2008
No mas illegals wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. The problem is that most Americans are friendly and warm, thus we've allowed the pervasiveness of illegal underground culture to flourish mostly unimpeded thus far. Our kindness has been mistaken for weakness and our welcoming ways have been exploited.
It has become an intolerable situation for most Americans, thus the outrage expressed here is understandable.
I agree, however, must add: We've been given a crock of B.S. for many years. If we'd all had internet the last shamnesy was put forward......it wouldn't have happened.
acarlacarla

Aurora, CO

#20 Jul 25, 2008
I am currently residing in Missouri but I shall be moving to Kansas as soon as someone finally buys my home, but it is laws like this that shall make me really miss living in Missouri.
Moondoggie Read

Mesa, AZ

#21 Mar 3, 2009
Here you are dancing in the moon!
Take It UP

Littleton, CO

#22 Apr 12, 2009
bump it up
Excellent

De Soto, KS

#23 Dec 10, 2011
All states should be doing this!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Missouri Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge Says Mo. Must Redo Execution Plan (Sep '06) Jan 9 Information 10
News Blunt's aide haunted by nude photos on web (Mar '07) Dec 23 Jim 14
News Women Open up About Abortion in a New HBO Docum... (Aug '16) Sep '17 WHITE TRASH TRAIL... 13
News Republican Report Blames Abortion for Illegal I... (Nov '06) Sep '17 Norbert of Norview 8
News Missouri receives $1.2M federal grant to help d... (Aug '06) Sep '17 Norbert of Norview 2
Men that are Not The Biological Father Still FO... (May '09) Sep '17 Funjimol 57
News Missouri's Jewish Governor At Center Of High St... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Trumpenstien Poli... 3
More from around the web