Missouri town calls on KU to drop Jayhawks mascot

Sep 18, 2011 Full story: The Kansas City Star

City officials in Osceola, a southwest Missouri town of about 950 people, are asking the University of Kansas to drop its "Jayhawk" mascot because the name refers to a group of domestic terrorists that nearly destroyed the city 150 years ago.In a resolution approved earlier this week, the Osceola Board of Alderman also asks the University of ... (more)

Full Story
Doc

Poplar Bluff, MO

#1 Sep 18, 2011
Give me a break - how much "political correctness" can be demanded? KU has had the Jayhawk mascot for years! How does an event 150 years ago become so currently pressing?
WOODDYY

Overland Park, KS

#2 Sep 19, 2011
CALLING ALL JAYHAWKS, when passing thru (pop. 950) this mo. town, wear your JAYHAWK PROUDLY!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Missouri Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Men that are Not The Biological Father Still FO... (May '09) Aug '14 TN Not Dad 49
Missouri: corporate agriculture wins 'Right to ... Aug '14 not a liberal idiot 3
Missouri behind pace in paying tax refunds Jun '14 Wilsonsmokngblunt... 2
New daycare requirements approved in Missouri May '14 Wilsonsmokngblunt... 2
Missouri Lawmakers Pass 3-Day Abortion Wait Period May '14 godless by choice 16
Missouri condemned man fears 'painful' execution May '14 see the light 1
Missouri House Speaker: Anti-Tesla Bill Shelved... May '14 James 1
•••

Missouri Government People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••