State workers fired over unauthorized...

State workers fired over unauthorized records access

There are 2 comments on the TwinCities story from Sep 3, 2011, titled State workers fired over unauthorized records access. In it, TwinCities reports that:

Department of Human Services employees were fired after accessing the Minnesota Department of Vehicle Services records of about 1,100 people without authorization, according to a department letter sent to people whose records were accessed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.

“Sustainability Now!”

Since: May 08

Vadnais Heights

#1 Sep 5, 2011
WOW -- just two employees accessing the records of 1100 citizens? While this activity was spread over 11 months, they must have spent a fair amount of time with their snooping.

While firing does seem harsh, it DOES send a powerful message to other State employees: DO YOUR JOBS WITH INTEGRITY OR BE GONE.

That is a message I can live with!
Elec Med Records Sux

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jul 13, 2013
There in No Longer any Confidentiality with your medical records with all your information on the computer in these facilities. Every employee in any Doctors Office, Hospital, etc. has access to it. If there is just one unethical employee working in any of these, your record is compromised. There are a lot of nosey people. I have seen it and it infuriated me. Whoever started this should be ashamed. Somehow I believe it was our Government. Just another way to monitor citizens.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Attn: Dairy Farmers 7 hr CowTrader 1
News Thousands Join Shingle Lawsuit (Aug '08) May 4 CORP CRIME REPORT 117
What's the Real Cost of Prescription Drugs Arti... May 2 Discriminating Ph... 3
News Minnesota becomes 12th state to OK gay marriage (May '13) May 1 cpeter1313 1,612
News Lawmakers mourn, remember music icon Prince Apr 23 Sterkfontein Swar... 26
Red Robbin Apr 22 Tony Curtz 1
Gospel of Obama Apr 22 Tony Dourban 1
More from around the web