Applications pile up as municipalitie...

Applications pile up as municipalities scramble for piece of state fund | Minnesota Public Radio

There are 2 comments on the Minnesota Public Radio story from Jul 11, 2012, titled Applications pile up as municipalities scramble for piece of state fund | Minnesota Public Radio. In it, Minnesota Public Radio reports that:

ST. PAUL, Minn. - People in dozens of Minnesota cities and towns are wondering if they'll win state grants for projects from civic centers and sewers, to a ballpark and light rail.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Minnesota Public Radio.

“"Molon Labe"”

Since: Oct 09

North Afghanistan

#1 Jul 11, 2012
I wouldnt mind a bit of that grant money.....maybe I could get the road workers to fill the pothole in the street in front of my house.

The only time it ever gets filled is when it snows.

How about you brain trusts in City Hall fill the pothole before we have to build a bridge over it.
PB in Saint Paul

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jul 11, 2012
Simple solution: tell all the beggars and their nice-to-haves "NO" and send all the money to the parts of Northern MN struggling with the after effects of the flooding. Need-to-haves should be way more important than nice-to-haves.

And next year, if there are no disasters, give it back to the taxpayers. Think how many bureaucrats and paper-pushers could be let go without all that paperwork and lobbying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Club Book brings award-winning authors to area ... (Apr '10) Jul 1 zioist media cabal 2
News Medical pot sales to begin in Minnesota, but fi... Jun 28 Your Ex 3
Lake Superior agate people out there? (Apr '06) Jun 24 toons28 290
News Critical online reviews can carry legal risks (Oct '12) Jun 18 Dennis 24
News Romney on minimum wage: 'We ought to raise it' (May '14) May '15 spud 11
News Proposed high-voltage power lines raise fears i... (Apr '09) May '15 Bop 95
News Minnesota Lottery to offer online 'scratch-off'... (Mar '14) May '15 swedenforever 5
More from around the web