5 charged in $20M mortgage swindle

5 charged in $20M mortgage swindle

There are 17 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jun 17, 2010, titled 5 charged in $20M mortgage swindle. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Mortgage fraud scams tend to use the same bag of tricks. Just different victims.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

gwisahoax

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jun 17, 2010
We are all victims of mortgage fraud. It is what got us into this economic mess in the first place. Since the government bailed out the banks, we will all pay for it in time. I hope they all rot in hell!
Observer

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Jun 18, 2010
How long until we charge government with all the fraud and scams they've committed?

http://www.examiner.com/x-36867-Minneapolis-E...
Does not surprise me

Waukee, IA

#4 Jun 18, 2010
What would you expect ???
felix

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Jun 18, 2010
hang-em!!
Wake up

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Jun 18, 2010
Hmm "Greed" alive and well - imagine that. I think the straw buyers should be charged with fraud - they also knew what was going on, but went along with it anyway. The thiefs will always figure a way around the system no matter how many stop gaps you put in it.
Asians

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Jun 18, 2010
No African Americans will be prosecuted for mortgage fraud because the local U.S attorney and the Attorney General are protecting their own.

Watch out if you are Asian or white.
Andy

Buffalo, MN

#8 Jun 18, 2010
gwisahoax wrote:
We are all victims of mortgage fraud. It is what got us into this economic mess in the first place. Since the government bailed out the banks, we will all pay for it in time. I hope they all rot in hell!
Ah, well spoken, coming from another member of the victim-class.

JTY

Since: Sep 08

Olathe, KS

#10 Jun 18, 2010
Andy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, well spoken, coming from another member of the victim-class.
No he is saying our tax dollars are paying for the bail out of banks that made billions off of the bad mortgages. Then when it comes time for them to lose billions.....BAM bailout.
john doe

Maple Grove, MN

#11 Jun 18, 2010
everything is ok all hail the almighty obama for he is here to save the day lol. arent u people glad u voted for change lol
GreatDay

Benson, NC

#13 Jun 18, 2010
Asians wrote:
No African Americans will be prosecuted for mortgage fraud because the local U.S attorney and the Attorney General are protecting their own.
Watch out if you are Asian or white.
Well genius, it sounds like wing ding dong and his thugs cleaned house on the money grab...get real, a crook is a crook!
Doodyhead Dodd

Monroe, LA

#16 Jun 21, 2010
Observer wrote:
How long until we charge government with all the fraud and scams they've committed?
http://www.examiner.com/x-36867-Minneapolis-E...
mortgages in 2003 from major lender, Countrywide Financial. And then came the dramatic financial meltdown last month, placing Dodd at the center of a controversial $700 billion financial rescue plan.
As a member and later chairman of the Senate Banking Committee, Sen. Dodd shoulders a good deal of the blame for the collapse of the national housing market, the subprime-mortgage-market meltdown and the convulsions on Wall Street.
Reams of legislation Dodd has written or advocated affecting the housing, lending, insurance and securities industries have drained hundreds of billions out of the economy, ballooned the federal debt, cost tens of thousands of people their jobs and driven hundreds of thousands of homeowners into foreclosure, bankruptcy or both.
For his efforts, Sen. Dodd has been rewarded in the 2008 election cycle alone with $7.65 million in campaign contributions (he took in $11.7 million in all) from the securities, insurance, real-estate and commercial-banking industries. With $165,400, Sen. Dodd also tops the list of members of Congress who took campaign cash from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac since 1989. Sen. Barack Obama, the self-styled agent of change, is a distant second at $126,000....
SEN DODD'S CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTORS
Citigroup,$310,294;
SAC Capital Partners,$282,000;
United Technologies,$263,400;
AIG,$224,678;
Bear Stearns,$205,600;
St. Paul Travelers,$205,400;
Royal Bank of Scotland,$203,750;
Goldman Sachs,$175,600;
Morgan Stanley,$155,000;
Credit Suisse,$154,550;
Merrill Lynch,$134,950;
The Hartford,$94,350;
Bank of America,$91,300;
JPMorgan Chase,$129,150;
USB,$101,900;
Hartford Finance Services,$101,500
Lehman Brothers,$128,400;
KPMG,$113,100;
General Electric,$108,250;
Deloitte Touche,$108,000

Legit Asian Businessman

Tampa, FL

#17 Jun 22, 2010
I was approached by a former business partner of mine a few years back to be a straw buyer. Something about it did not sound right to me. I am glad I did not partake in the venture. I know he was associated with these people. I hope they go to prison for a long time.
@ Asians: I'm Asian too, and that was a pretty ignorant comment.
sugar baby

Hopkins, MN

#18 Jul 27, 2010
citylights wrote:
Yes, I remember Joe Huebl, Nguyen and he has other aliases. Lives in Excelsior with his con girl friend who also has three aliases and who also has a felony. The guy is still conning people and Dixon let him off with a hand slap. He'll get caught again and hopefully the State Attorneys Office will decide to put him away where he belongs. Glad someone else remembers this guy. Don't forget his name folks.
Hello Brett Thieland! I suppose now that your broke, you cant pay me to screw me? You know who I am sugar!!
Seriously

Las Vegas, NV

#19 Jul 27, 2010
I bet they all voted for Obama.
Jospeh Huebl

Scottsdale, AZ

#20 Jul 1, 2012
joseph huebl is and was a man of integrity.
He died after being one of the first settlers in America.
anyone anywhere that defames his name is liable for a defamation suit.

I am following all of the negative correspondence as to Joseph Huebl.

There will be law suit!
I am his great niece

When you print someones name you are liable for all of the damages
You have a right to say whatever
I am filing a suit againt u and u
Joseph was my uncle and died with integrity
I can not wait to get everything u have and will have
Freedom of speech is one thing
There are consequences of speaking your lies over the internet

Jospeh Huebl

Scottsdale, AZ

#21 Jul 1, 2012
felix wrote:
hang-em!!
sounds like u r no different than the witch hunters from Salem
May all of your evil wishes come back to u
And they will
From the great niece of the true Joseph Huebl
Back at u 10 times fold
Jospeh nguyen

Scottsdale, AZ

#22 Jul 1, 2012
joseph is the son of hahn nguyen/james nguyen.
his father James Nguyen is responsible!
why is he not in prison
is it because he has a vietnamese name?
Give me a break
Hahn Nguyen set up this business and used his children

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Al Franken: Health reform has made a difference... (Sep '10) Jul 21 Not True Franken 243
Hillary will Rally For Herself in MinnesotaTomo... Jul 20 Go Back To School 3
USA Family OWN and operated Jul 19 Do not thread on ... 1
News Stopped 52 times by police: Was it racial profi... Jul 18 Fed up 155
News Police Shooting During Traffic Stop Leaves Minn... Jul 16 Fed up 27
News NAACP: Trump declines offer to address civil ri... Jul 13 Cordwainer Trout 16
News Anti-Islam speaker to tour central Minnesota Jul 12 naman 6
More from around the web