Minnesota Case Re-Opens Wounds Among ...

Minnesota Case Re-Opens Wounds Among Somalis

There are 14 comments on the GPB.org story from Oct 19, 2012, titled Minnesota Case Re-Opens Wounds Among Somalis. In it, GPB.org reports that:

Burhan Hassan of Minnesota was recruited to fight in Somalia for al-Shabab, which the U.S. calls a terrorist group.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GPB.org.

“turn back the hands of time”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#1 Oct 20, 2012
Let´s hope that the families of these young men can turn this tragedy into something positive that can hopefully prevent other young men to fall into the same trap. They can start by stop revolving their lives around Saudi funded mosques and focusing on opooling their resources to create secular youth programmes that can address the needs of their youth and help them do better in society. I also hope that lazy parents stop using the masjid and dugsis as a baby sitter, the masjids these days are obviousy not better than street gangs...

Location hidden

#2 Oct 20, 2012
**prevent other young men from falling into the same trap.
Sheikh Voodoo

South Yarra, Australia

#4 Oct 23, 2012
INSEARCH_OF wrote:
Let´s hope that the families of these young men can turn this tragedy into something positive that can hopefully prevent other young men to fall into the same trap. They can start by stop revolving their lives around Saudi funded mosques and focusing on opooling their resources to create secular youth programmes that can address the needs of their youth and help them do better in society. I also hope that lazy parents stop using the masjid and dugsis as a baby sitter, the masjids these days are obviousy not better than street gangs...
Hi INSEARCH

Mate, that is wishfull thinking because I just found out that here in Melbourne these same Wahabi sheikhs have succeeded in obtaining public funding through the backdoor by the pretence of teaching Somali children their mother tongue, the Somali Language. The madrasas has been re-named Somali Community Schools where children as young as 5 years old are taught to memorise the koran and learn the intrepretation of the Wahabi sect on a daily basis. As soon as these kids finish their schooling and instead of completing their homework and getting someone to help them with it, they are crammed into the family car and shuttled to the madrasa aka Community School and will spend there till 8.30 p.m on a daiy basis. How could these kids succeed or, focus with their education when their daily routine involves 11 & 1/2 hours of studying? It borders to child cruelty.
Nasro

UK

#6 Oct 23, 2012
INSEARCH_OF wrote:
Well, well, well. Look who came out of hiding. The soon to be ex-muslima herself.
You used to hide your hatred for Islam by masking it as hatred for arabs and arab culture. Nowadays you don´t seem to bother.
What do you mean by "secular" youth programs? Are you suggesting that Islam itself is failing these kids? You basically want to de-islamize Somali youth by introducing them to godlessness. You really have issues with religion, especially with Islam. There´s no greater ugliness than a Somali who has become gaal.

Location hidden

#8 Oct 24, 2012
@ Nasro, the article is about the Somalis in Minnesota whose sons, newphews, siblings and friends were recruited to join Al Shabaab in Somalia. Do you have any opinions about the subject or any ideas on how to prevent other youngsters from falling into the same trap? Stick to the topic, because the supposed apostacy of a random poster (me) whom you´ve never met isn´t relevant to you in anyway.

@ Sheikh Voodoo: Similar trends are visible here as well and the results manifest themselves in poor academic performance. You see kids who can recite long passages of the Quran by heart, and still struggling with 5th grade at the age of 15. The parents start panicking 1/2 way through the 8th grade, when they realize that their kid won´t graduate elementary school.

Location hidden

#10 Oct 24, 2012
**still struggling with 5th grade math at the age of 15.
Dacar

Fredericia, Denmark

#11 Oct 25, 2012
Gladly Ed sis, i really miss uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Location hidden

#12 Oct 25, 2012
Dacar wrote:
Gladly Ed sis, i really miss uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
Eid Mubarak =)
hooyo basel

Basel, Switzerland

#13 Oct 25, 2012
INSEARCH_OF wrote:
<quoted text>
Eid Mubarak =)
adiga waad noo ganbiseey welcome back
WaryaaGuy

Oslo, Norway

#15 Oct 25, 2012
Eid mubaarak, kullu caam wa antum bikhayr. Sannad waliba hoodiyo, wuxuu hadimo leeyahay, waa laga helaayoo hadhoow lagu xasuustaa.

Waan I in salaamay reer Topic, especially Hooyo, Inearch_of, RadioPanther, Dacar, and FaaraxZeeroIncome. Where is Waqooyi?
hooyo basel

Basel, Switzerland

#16 Oct 25, 2012
WaryaaGuy wrote:
Eid mubaarak, kullu caam wa antum bikhayr. Sannad waliba hoodiyo, wuxuu hadimo leeyahay, waa laga helaayoo hadhoow lagu xasuustaa.
Waan I in salaamay reer Topic, especially Hooyo, Inearch_of, RadioPanther, Dacar, and FaaraxZeeroIncome. Where is Waqooyi?
waa lagaa qaadeey eid mubaarak eid qeeyr iyo bishaaro leh ayaan reer topix idiin rejeeynaa waqooyi is around

“SOMALILAND LOVE”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#18 Oct 25, 2012
thehassanabdi wrote:
<quoted text> Hmmm? Acuudu billahi mina sheitani rajiim.What does a stinking dirty Atheist baboon she-male know about Eid?
Waryaa, leave her alone,

INSEARCH baby how u doing, you fine?
Sheikh Voodoo

Essendon, Australia

#19 Sep 26, 2013
Another terror case. They come from the land of terror.
Dacar

Denmark

#20 Apr 16, 2016
Insearch-of

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Democrats elect Perez party chairman on second ... 18 hr lolol 7
News Romney on minimum wage: 'We ought to raise it' (May '14) Feb 23 Slum lord n Chief 29
News 'I want to die,' 2-year-old refugee said during... Feb 14 chugs are still pos 12
Illegal Alien (Daca/Dreamer) arrested for Murder Feb 10 Taylor 1
News Minnesota becomes a gateway to Canada for rejec... Feb 8 The Winnipeg Tax ... 3
News More women cite economy as reason for their abo... (Jul '08) Feb 6 Squidward1234567 792
News Police Shooting During Traffic Stop Leaves Minn... (Jul '16) Feb 6 Waikiki the DUMP 43
More from around the web