Gunman killed in police standoff

Gunman killed in police standoff

There are 49 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jun 24, 2008, titled Gunman killed in police standoff. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The wife of Gordon Wheeler Sr. is led by a chaplain to a waiting car following a standoff at the Morrison Country Government Center in Little Falls, Minn.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ray

AOL

#3 Jun 25, 2008
Thank you Morrison County for taking out the trash
bri

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Jun 25, 2008
So if he had a felony, why did he have a gun?
Heywood Ja

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Jun 25, 2008
bri wrote:
So if he had a felony, why did he have a gun?
The same reason the Gang Bangers with felonies do. They don't apply for a permit, or wait 7 days for the background check. They're not that hard to get on the street.
Silent Majority

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Jun 25, 2008
Everybody has a breaking point.

“it takes a lot to laugh...”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#10 Jun 25, 2008
This is something he brought on himself. You can blame the city council, the laws he broke and was convicted of breaking, but nobody forced him to take a gun and hold hostages. The responsibility for his death is in his own hands.
EJK

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Jun 25, 2008
So much for freedom, if govt doesn't like your business they decide you are done. Nothing you can do about it. peoples republic of Mn i guess

Since: Jun 08

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Jun 25, 2008
EJK wrote:
So much for freedom, if govt doesn't like your business they decide you are done. Nothing you can do about it. peoples republic of Mn i guess
While they did tighten ordinances to force him out of one business, I think it's a bit more complicated than that with the owner having served 90 days in jail for prostitution. Not surprising that they wouldn't let him renew his liquor license.
Elly

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Jun 25, 2008
This poor guy was just trying to run a business and like everything else, the liberal boneheads are making it impossible to survive so people get angry. Same thing with smoking bans it's amazing after the 100s of bars across this state that had to close because of that BS. that somone hasn't snapped.
Satan

United States

#15 Jun 25, 2008
I put him in a pit with Carlin.
Jeff Maloney

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Jun 25, 2008
I used to live in Little Falls and know practically everyone identified in the story. Gordon 15 years ago, Gordon was a feisty character. He obviously had deteriorated. His passing is sad, but we should be grateful no innocent life was lost. His business setbacks were well deserved. He ran what amounted to a brothel would go out of his way to break a rule.

Those above who anonymously post celebratory comments about Wheelers death are pathetic.

Jeff Maloney
Denny

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Jun 25, 2008
They need to charge those cops with MURDER!!!!
Rad Rethuglican

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Jun 25, 2008
If his alternate has not already taken his seat, I would volunteer myself to replace Mr. Wheeler at the Rethuglican National Convention!
Nick

United States

#19 Jun 25, 2008
Rad Rethuglican wrote:
If his alternate has not already taken his seat, I would volunteer myself to replace Mr. Wheeler at the Rethuglican National Convention!
Obama is calling you. Run to him.

“Man can see shades of gray!”

Since: May 08

St. Cloud

#20 Jun 25, 2008
Don't shed a tear for this pimping scumbag.

And don't blame liberals, Elly, Little Falls is about as conservative as the day is long. I know someone up there who got death threats for having Halloween decorations in her yard.
shaman

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Jun 25, 2008
HIS POOR WIFE!!!
Rad Rethuglican

Minneapolis, MN

#23 Jun 25, 2008
Nick: YOU are Gordon's alternate. I would like to challenge you at the next Morrison County GOP BPU meeting. Doubtless my credentials will be superior to yours -- I made it through 8th grade and haven't molested my sister. How's 'bout youse?

My slogan will be "No Gordon, just FLASH!"
Ryan

Saint Paul, MN

#24 Jun 25, 2008
Its to bad this happened. I have had many good times at Gordie's bar. The "CAMP STORE" is no more. In away I truly miss that place. Rest in peace Gordie! Thanks for all the good times!
Nelson Muntz

Baraboo, WI

#26 Jun 25, 2008
Rad Rethuglican wrote:
Nick: YOU are Gordon's alternate. I would like to challenge you at the next Morrison County GOP BPU meeting. Doubtless my credentials will be superior to yours -- I made it through 8th grade and haven't molested my sister. How's 'bout youse?
My slogan will be "No Gordon, just FLASH!"
I doubt if you could find Morrison County. I think you need to go get in line to encircle the "X" and deprive the Republicans of their right to free speech. Please stay in the sh*thole of St. Paul and away from us.
Hah Hah!
Roderick

Minneapolis, MN

#27 Jun 25, 2008
Poor guy,just wanted to make a living. The government needs to stay out of peoples businessess
Mark

United States

#28 Jun 25, 2008
I'm sure the investigation will produce more information. Nevertheless, good things seldom come from waving a firearm around at a puclic meeting, or threatening a local official board with taking them hostage. Poor strategy, and it sounds like no cooler heads prevailed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Muslim Congressmen: Election Year Politics Fuel... 10 hr Curtain Rod 18
News Minnesota becomes 12th state to OK gay marriage (May '13) Wed An NFL Fan 1,859
Why Wisconsin Sucks (Apr '10) May 23 someangrykid 152
News Minnesota Lottery to offer online 'scratch-off'... (Mar '14) May 23 ismail ibrahim 12
News Anti-Islam speaker to tour central Minnesota May 23 naman 1
News Al Franken: Health reform has made a difference... (Sep '10) May 17 Not Low Income Se... 241
News Lee Schafer: Legislature should protect Prince'... May 17 Blodwyn Pouncing-... 2
More from around the web