Bloomington Democrat pushes $1.60 cigarette tax hike

Feb 7, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Star Tribune

ST. PAUL, Minn. - An influential Minnesota House Democrat touted her bill Thursday that would more than double the state's cigarette tax, saying she's motivated by public health concerns and not additional tax money.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Feb 11, 2013
Smokers Cologne

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

That's all? they can pay more than that.
Yellow Teeth N Fingers

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Why not $16.00?
PB in Saint Paul

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Yeah? How about a $10 tax on drinks too "for public health"? Oops, that's right, politicians like their booze...
Joe Blow

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

These Libs are really that Stupid. It has come to the point that the Gubbamint (Which has no "skin in the game" and not cost of production) is making more on these products than the manufacturer, wholesaler, and retailer combined!
PB in Saint Paul

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Too bad they don't have the balls to do the same on meth, marijuana, coke, prostitution.... oh wait, those are illegal.... can't tax something that's illegal.
Jerry

North Olmsted, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Joe Blow wrote:
These Libs are really that Stupid. It has come to the point that the Gubbamint (Which has no "skin in the game" and not cost of production) is making more on these products than the manufacturer, wholesaler, and retailer combined!
And addicts are willing to pay it, at ANY cost.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••