Minnesota seat belt use rate continues to hit record levels

There are 8 comments on the KARE 11 TV story from Oct 14, 2010, titled Minnesota seat belt use rate continues to hit record levels. In it, KARE 11 TV reports that:

ST. PAUL, Minn. -- Daytime seat belt compliance in Minnesota is at an all-time high of 92 percent, according to a new survey announced Thursday by the Minnesota Department of Public Safety Office of Traffic Safety.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KARE 11 TV.

Kevin G

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Oct 15, 2010
And Minnesota is collecting record seat belt fine "revenue". 73000 tickets in 2009 at $100.00 per pop = SEVEN MILLION DOLLARS. The brown shirts are at your door. But it's ok, it's for your own good after all.
Pico

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Oct 15, 2010
Kevin G wrote:
And Minnesota is collecting record seat belt fine "revenue". 73000 tickets in 2009 at $100.00 per pop = SEVEN MILLION DOLLARS. The **** are at your door. But it's ok, it's for your own good after all.
If you don't like paying the fine, wear your seat belt, or walk.
Mary

Park Forest, IL

#3 Oct 15, 2010
Pico wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't like paying the fine, wear your seat belt, or walk.
Would you like the government to change your diaper for you?
Tie Tac

Hopkins, MN

#4 Oct 15, 2010
And what did THAT survey cost?
Pico

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Oct 16, 2010
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, someone from Chicago asking me if I want the G to change my diaper?? H

It is simple. If you don't like writing a check to the government for equipment or traffic violations, either buckle up, don't drive like some clown from Chicago, or WALK.
Mary

Park Forest, IL

#6 Oct 16, 2010
Pico wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, someone from Chicago asking me if I want the G to change my diaper?? H
It is simple. If you don't like writing a check to the government for equipment or traffic violations, either buckle up, don't drive like some clown from Chicago, or WALK.
Seatbelt Punk

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Apr 19, 2013
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't understand, I was wearing my seat belt before minnesota even had the primary seat belt law, AND I'm not saying that someone shouldn't wear their seat belt because it may save your life. I believe the secondary seat belt law make more sense in a way. The primary seat belt law gives police officers more reason to pull someone over and the main purpose of the primary seatbelt law is to save people who are "dumb" that doesn't want to put on a belt for their own safety. It's really not to save people's lives though, it's all about money dude. More federal government finacial help if minnesota has laws like this. Why not spend money and make laws banning smoking? or chewing tobacco? More people die in minnesota from smoking and second hand smoking than someone who wasn't wearing seatbelt in a time span of 3 years. I researched crap like this before.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#8 Apr 25, 2013
Seatbelts are for pansies

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Minnesota State Patrol honors 2014 lifesavers, ... 10 hr Fear ISIS 2
News Minnesota Lottery to offer online 'scratch-off'... (Mar '14) 23 hr swedenforever 4
News Backers push for vote on driver's licenses for ... 23 hr Who Guessed it 2
bored in my room naked May 3 Sabrina 1
Muslims dont want free speech May 1 JCJ 1
News 6 from Minnesota charged with trying to join Is... Apr 26 JCJ 17
Muslim Moron Apr 25 JCJ 2
More from around the web