Mortgage fraud in Cities on FBI radar

Jul 21, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Star Tribune

“We've seen properties we think are problematic and they turn up TJ Waconia”

Federal investigators are probing a renewed rash of potential mortgage fraud in the Twin Cities area in response to reports of a large number of unusual real estate transactions in north Minneapolis and ... via Star Tribune

Comments (Page 17)

Showing posts 321 - 340 of1,273
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sequins in my eyes

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2008

And, if you call in the next 10 minutes we'll add our special spandex costume stretcher complete with a trip overseas to see the factory where the costume was created....and still stored....until Mr. Balko greets you there with a check to finalize the deal. And, if you and a friend join in---a free cruise up the deNILE river to see his beautiful lakeside property up north and his spacious country estate. You too can be part of this quality offer. Act now---call 1-800-tom sucks
aw shucks

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2008

heard it from a good source that Mr. Balko made the Ft. Lauderdale, FL and Miami news for the Mortgage fraud case here in MN!!!! Busted.
bad bad news

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2008

got a knock on my door today at 7:50am from the FBI. They said they "wanted to talk with the buyers accociated with those two in the north neighborhood." After five minutes of nice and fifteen of badgering it came down to they were given all of the names of the buyers and are considering them accomplices, and called me one of the straw buyers and in on the scheme and that we knew exactly what we were doing. When I told them I was one of the victims suing, they said as far as they're concerned everyone was in it together and they are just working their way down. They sat and took notes until I finally said I wanted a lawyer, they said "what for, are you guilty of something?" They tried to talk me out of it and then said if I needed a lawyer I must have something to hide and that they'd be watching, and they'd be back.

any thoughts?
whatever

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2008

tom or jon. which ever wrote this. whatever. here is a thought guys. turn on each other. what else to you have left.
Public Service Message

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2008

Do you realize that is a federal crime. Dig ,Dig ,Dig , than jump.......dumbass

the crime is publishing false information on the part of a federal crimestopper
bad bad news

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2008

my atty said that they are just digging and that there is nothing to worry about and that I'll probably never hear from them again. Thanks for being total jackassess though you two.
Public Service Message

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2008

Now if thats not backpeddling.......
they suck

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2008

see other topix forums...tommy has been busy ripping off the church too. Living Word Christian Center, Insurance fraud, mortgage fraud and poor little dancer girls....what next/ seems likes tommy boy is covering all the bases just to make his little girlfriend happy. awwwww
whatever

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2008

Tom has a girl friend? Seriously? Some one other than that fat pig Jill actually wants him? Bet that girl friend is a real looker.
Help

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2008

they suck, I cannot find that link. Would you post it? I would love to read it.
anon-a-mouse

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2008

City Leaders Join Neighborhoods and Residents to Stop Fraudulent “Flipping”
April 2, 2008 (MINNEAPOLIS)-- Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak and other city leaders today announced that the City is joining three north Minneapolis neighborhoods in a lawsuit against a fraudulent real estate scheme that has worsened the foreclosure crisis in Minneapolis.
The suit seeks redress from TJ Waconia, which engaged in a complex and fraudulent residential real estate scheme that converted owner-occupied homes to rental units, most of which have since been foreclosed and many of which are vacant. TJ Waconia’s practices have left many north Minneapolis homeowners unable to sell their homes or owing significantly more for their homes than they are worth.
ruined

Center City, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2008

I wonder if the Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak and other city leaders know that TJ Waconia (Tom and Jon) are also the people that made a mess with the Heritage Greens in Hudson, WI with the idiots over at what was once IPM? I have been living this nightmare as well as many others for over 3 years! People need to realize just how big this @#$%^ really is!
victim one million

Chaska, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2008

You hear about these expert real estate seminars,
you attend and listen to the hype, if you bite you loose. You buy into their training school scam, or investment scemes. It seems as though they all have the same lingo. They are the experts, they have the answers to your future. And, wham bam alakazam they take your money and walk away laughing at the people who trusted them.
Your out your money, your lucky if you get away from these real estate sceems with a good credit rating. Always google info on scams first !
Hudson WI townhs

Chaska, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2008

North Minn St Paul city council realized the suffering from the TJ Waconia real estate scan, do you know who are involved ?
The same people involved in real estate seminars in Hennipen County. Their website says they want you to learn from them... Oh goody !
Let me gather up all my money and throw it at them.
lol

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2008

victim one million wrote:
if you bite you loose. You buy into their training school scam, or investment scemes.
Your out your money, your lucky if you get away from these real estate sceems with a good credit rating. Always google info on scams first !
I might suggest your money would be well spent on, "Spell Checker."

Since: Feb 08

Maple Grove

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

And the plot thickens...

PUBLICATION SUMMONS: Case No. 08-CV-301
Hudson Star-Observer
Published Thursday, April 10, 2008

STATE OF WISCONSIN, CIRCUIT COURT, ST. CROIX COUNTY

The Honorable Scott Needham

Case Code 30404 (Foreclosure of Mortgage)

Liberty Savings Bank, F.S.B., 12276 San Jose Blvd., Suite 108, Jacksonville, FL 32223, Plaintiff, vs. T.J. Land Trust, Inc., c/o Jon E. Helgason, Registered Agent, 3101 Old Highway 8, Suite 301, Roseville, MN 55113;

Jon E. Helgason, 30686 Wallmark Lake Drive, Chisago City, MN 55013;

Thomas Balko, 12815 Island View Circle, Rogers, MN 55374;

Heritage Greens of Hudson Community Association, Inc., c/o C.R. Hackworthy, Registered Agent, 216 Sommers Landing Road North, Hudson, WI 54016, Defendants.

THE STATE OF WISCONSIN, to each person named above as a defendant:

You are hereby notified that the Plaintiff named above has filed a lawsuit or other legal action against you.

Within 40 days after April 10, 2008, you must respond with a written demand for a copy of the complaint. The demand must be sent or delivered to the court, whose address is: 1101 Carmichael Road, Hudson, WI 54016 and to Gray & Associates, L.L.P., plaintiff’s attorney, whose address is 600 N. Broadway, Suite 300, Milwaukee, WI 53202. You may have an attorney help or represent you.

If you do not demand a copy of the complaint within 40 days, the court may grant judgment against you for the award of money or other legal action requested in the complaint, and you may lose your right to object to anything that is or may be incorrect in the complaint. A judgment may be enforced as provided by law. A judgment awarding money may become a lien against any real estate you own now or in the future, and may also be enforced by garnishment or seizure of property.

Gray & Associates, L.L.P, Attorneys for Plaintiff

Steven E. Zablocki, State Bar No. 1027190

Dated April 1, 2008.

Pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (15 U.S.C. Section 1692), we are required to state that we are attempting to collect a debt on our client’s behalf and any information we obtain will be used for that purpose.

(Pub. April 10 - Final April 24)

Maple Grove

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

And the plot thickens.....

PUBLICATION SUMMONS: Case No. 08-CV-301
Hudson Star-Observer
Published Thursday, April 10, 2008

STATE OF WISCONSIN, CIRCUIT COURT, ST. CROIX COUNTY

The Honorable Scott Needham

Case Code 30404 (Foreclosure of Mortgage)

Liberty Savings Bank, F.S.B., 12276 San Jose Blvd., Suite 108, Jacksonville, FL 32223, Plaintiff, vs. T.J. Land Trust, Inc., c/o Jon E. Helgason, Registered Agent, 3101 Old Highway 8, Suite 301, Roseville, MN 55113;

Jon E. Helgason, 30686 Wallmark Lake Drive, Chisago City, MN 55013;

Thomas Balko, 12815 Island View Circle, Rogers, MN 55374;

Heritage Greens of Hudson Community Association, Inc., c/o C.R. Hackworthy, Registered Agent, 216 Sommers Landing Road North, Hudson, WI 54016, Defendants.

THE STATE OF WISCONSIN, to each person named above as a defendant:

You are hereby notified that the Plaintiff named above has filed a lawsuit or other legal action against you.

Within 40 days after April 10, 2008, you must respond with a written demand for a copy of the complaint. The demand must be sent or delivered to the court, whose address is: 1101 Carmichael Road, Hudson, WI 54016 and to Gray & Associates, L.L.P., plaintiff’s attorney, whose address is 600 N. Broadway, Suite 300, Milwaukee, WI 53202. You may have an attorney help or represent you.

If you do not demand a copy of the complaint within 40 days, the court may grant judgment against you for the award of money or other legal action requested in the complaint, and you may lose your right to object to anything that is or may be incorrect in the complaint. A judgment may be enforced as provided by law. A judgment awarding money may become a lien against any real estate you own now or in the future, and may also be enforced by garnishment or seizure of property.

Gray & Associates, L.L.P, Attorneys for Plaintiff

Steven E. Zablocki, State Bar No. 1027190

Dated April 1, 2008.

Pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (15 U.S.C. Section 1692), we are required to state that we are attempting to collect a debt on our client’s behalf and any information we obtain will be used for that purpose.

(Pub. April 10 - Final April 24)
valerie

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

Do you know where Jon lives? I won a small judgment against him last month, and would like to find assets of his to collect on since it doesn't look like he's going to pay up on his own.
Plot Thickens RIGHT

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

Unless I am wrong, the suit that you posted is the result of a foreclosure.
If the property does not sell for the amount owed on the balance of the mortgage... The lender can file a judgement for the difference.
Sorry to ruin your thicker plot but the suit you posted is routine after a lender reclaims title.

Maple Grove

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

Plot Thickens RIGHT wrote:
Unless I am wrong, the suit that you posted is the result of a foreclosure.
If the property does not sell for the amount owed on the balance of the mortgage... The lender can file a judgement for the difference.
Sorry to ruin your thicker plot but the suit you posted is routine after a lender reclaims title.
Just pointing out that these guys seem to be popping up in the news quite a bit as of late. I probably used the "wrong" verbiage in my post as the "plot" for these two has already been established.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 321 - 340 of1,273
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Minnesota Discussions

Search the Minnesota Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ukraine orders 1-week government cease-fire 15 hr George 10
Know Your Enemy: Minnesota (Sep '13) Mon Sneaky Pete 3
Sex abuse scandals hurt Minnesota Catholics, bu... Jul 19 cowboy chris 1
MMA Rounds Jul 18 Mary Ziotard Brand 3
New suicide data show mounting mental health co... (Aug '13) Jul 18 See and Believe 3
Proposed high-voltage power lines raise fears i... (Apr '09) Jul 17 contr 93
Hillary not too old to run!. Jul 16 Sim 1
•••
•••