10 chiropractors disciplined

10 chiropractors disciplined

There are 54 comments on the Star Tribune story from Jun 23, 2012, titled 10 chiropractors disciplined. In it, Star Tribune reports that:

A chiropractor failed to tell the board about his child pornography conviction. Another, who engaged in deceptive billing, failed to pass an ethics exam or pay a $30,000 fine.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#42 Jul 9, 2012
Steve wrote:
If you say that not many chiropractors use the activator, I'll take your word for it. But why does any chiropractor think that by "popping" that thing against your knee would do something? Your response was that "not many use activator". That is exactly what someone says when they think something is primarily useless. It is a way of rationalizing its existence. You also said that that activator/chiropractic is the most rational standard of care. Certainly my medical doctor didn't think so, and certainly my physical therapist didn't think so.
Is there a standard of care in chiropractic? Are there " best practice guidelines" which chiropractors follow? Or do chiropractors do pretty much whatever they want? Why are there no standards in chiropractic?
There have been many instances where the "activator" had positive results. Whether there is something behind it or it simply was watch and wait... I don't know. I like many don't even own an activator.

The best way to find a chiropractor would be to search for one certified in a recognizable skill such as ART, Graston, etc.

Essentially the scope of chiropractic is diverse. However there are many who are reputable and work closely with MDs and even have PTs on site. Talk to people and find out in your area.

Wisdom and CODY really have nothing of merit to add here. Fact is that either they dropped out of chiropractic school or failed in practice and have a vendetta against the profession.
Cody

Anderson, IN

#43 Jul 9, 2012
Steve wrote:
If you say that not many chiropractors use the activator, I'll take your word for it. But why does any chiropractor think that by "popping" that thing against your knee would do something? Your response was that "not many use activator". That is exactly what someone says when they think something is primarily useless. It is a way of rationalizing its existence. You also said that that activator/chiropractic is the most rational standard of care. Certainly my medical doctor didn't think so, and certainly my physical therapist didn't think so.
Is there a standard of care in chiropractic? Are there " best practice guidelines" which chiropractors follow? Or do chiropractors do pretty much whatever they want? Why are there no standards in chiropractic?
If there were any actual real standards.....the field of Chiropractic would indeed implode. Yes, Chiropractors "do pretty much whatever they want".....like "popping and preying" that they won't stroke out a "patient" from a cervical adjustment/rotary break move which involves twisting the neck to tension, delivering the so-called "dynamic thrust" to move one's cervical vertabrae.......and in doing so...hopefully not torque (twist) and possibly tear the carotid artery. Never let a chiro perform this "move" on you or anyone.
Washington Chiro

Buffalo Grove, IL

#44 Jul 9, 2012
Cody wrote:
<quoted text>
If there were any actual real standards.....the field of Chiropractic would indeed implode. Yes, Chiropractors "do pretty much whatever they want".....like "popping and preying" that they won't stroke out a "patient" from a cervical adjustment/rotary break move which involves twisting the neck to tension, delivering the so-called "dynamic thrust" to move one's cervical vertabrae.......and in doing so...hopefully not torque (twist) and possibly tear the carotid artery. Never let a chiro perform this "move" on you or anyone.
Cody just wrote, "hopefully not torque (twist) and possibly tear the carotid artery. Never let a chiro perform this "move" on you or anyone."
I can tanslate that for you: Cody has no adjusting skills himself and doesn't trust himself to perform that move.
I might add, never go to a surgeon who has no skills to perform surgery--bad things can happen.
See folks, it's very simple: cody is not a chiropractor. Never has been. He knows nothing about chiropractic or chiropractic technique. Sure, he lies about being a chiropractor, then claims he's a rat (testifying against successful chiropractors), and proud of it. Then cody says he made 'a fortune in chiropractic during the 'mercedes 80's'(which implies overutilization and billing for services never performed--VERY illegal). Then says no one else but he can make money in chiropractic. This is a textbook definition of delusional.
Oh, but let's not forget cody owns, yes OWNS his own pair of ECCO golf shoes and flaunts them! He then takes his shoes, the very same pair, puts them on then walks to his grill where broiled salmon awaits--this, after spending the day golfing with Donald Trump (his words).
Liars are funny that way. Cody is that way.
Wisdom

Manhasset, NY

#45 Jul 9, 2012
Steve, Cody is absolutely correct in his answer when he stated, as a former chiropractor himself that there are no "standards" in chiropractic.

Clearly, there are NO standards in chiropractic nor are there any "best practices guidelines" which chiropractors follow when a patient presents with a particular condition.

This "NE chiro" exposes himself and chiropractic in his answers. He said that, "There have been many instances where the "activator" had positive results. Whether there is something behind it or it simply was watch and wait... I don't know. "

Three things; first, just because someone recovers or feels better from after an injury, doesn't mean that being clicked with an activator had anything to do with it. Most people recover from strain/sprain injuries without any intervention at all. And lets be clear, there are NO studies that have ever shown activator to help ANY condition. NONE. NADA, NE chiro's response was as stupid and as illogical as ever.

Second, activator is used by more than 60% of ALL chiropractors.(as seen in a survey in "dynamic chiropractic") And that is just ONE of the more than 200+ bizarre and ineffective chiropractic techniques currently being used by chiropractors across this country. Activator is used by, not only those chiropractors who failed to learn effective manipulation, but by chiropractors who feel the need to "do something", whether it be to an elderly person who is not a candidate for spinal manipulation or to an infant, or to an acute injury.

Lets be clear, there is NEVER a reason to click someone's spine with an activator. Steve, you were defrauded by that chiropractor. It happens thousands of times per day all across this country.

Third, NE chiro says, "The best way to find a chiropractor would be to search for one certified in a recognizable skill such as ART, Graston, etc."

Graston is basically a deep massage given by chiropractors using utensil type instruments. Not even taught in most chiropractic schools. It is NOT a traditional chiropractic technique. But as a deep massage treatment, not bad.

NE's answers indicate and expose the chiropractic field as not having any standards of care. And that is why a full investigation needs to be done and chiropractic needs to be shut down until ALL the fraud is eliminated.
Washington Chiro

Buffalo Grove, IL

#46 Jul 9, 2012
I repeat:

Cody just wrote, "hopefully not torque (twist) and possibly tear the carotid artery. Never let a chiro perform this "move" on you or anyone."
I can tanslate that for you: Cody has no adjusting skills himself and doesn't trust himself to perform that move.
I might add, never go to a surgeon who has no skills to perform surgery--bad things can happen.
See folks, it's very simple: cody is not a chiropractor. Never has been. He knows nothing about chiropractic or chiropractic technique. Sure, he lies about being a chiropractor, then claims he's a rat (testifying against successful chiropractors), and proud of it. Then cody says he made 'a fortune in chiropractic during the 'mercedes 80's'(which implies overutilization and billing for services never performed--VERY illegal). Then says no one else but he can make money in chiropractic. This is a textbook definition of delusional.
Oh, but let's not forget cody owns, yes OWNS his own pair of ECCO golf shoes and flaunts them! He then takes his shoes, the very same pair, puts them on then walks to his grill where broiled salmon awaits--this, after spending the day golfing with Donald Trump (his words).
Liars are funny that way. Cody is that way.
Cody

Anderson, IN

#47 Jul 9, 2012
Washington Chiro wrote:
I repeat:
Cody just wrote, "hopefully not torque (twist) and possibly tear the carotid artery. Never let a chiro perform this "move" on you or anyone."
I can tanslate that for you: Cody has no adjusting skills himself and doesn't trust himself to perform that move.
I might add, never go to a surgeon who has no skills to perform surgery--bad things can happen.
See folks, it's very simple: cody is not a chiropractor. Never has been. He knows nothing about chiropractic or chiropractic technique. Sure, he lies about being a chiropractor, then claims he's a rat (testifying against successful chiropractors), and proud of it. Then cody says he made 'a fortune in chiropractic during the 'mercedes 80's'(which implies overutilization and billing for services never performed--VERY illegal). Then says no one else but he can make money in chiropractic. This is a textbook definition of delusional.
Oh, but let's not forget cody owns, yes OWNS his own pair of ECCO golf shoes and flaunts them! He then takes his shoes, the very same pair, puts them on then walks to his grill where broiled salmon awaits--this, after spending the day golfing with Donald Trump (his words).
Liars are funny that way. Cody is that way.
"Doc" Washboy....a confused little puppy.....sounding more like George Costanza with each inane post....repeating the same insanity and bringing nothing to the table.
Washington Chiro

Buffalo Grove, IL

#48 Jul 9, 2012
I repeat again:


Cody just wrote, "hopefully not torque (twist) and possibly tear the carotid artery. Never let a chiro perform this "move" on you or anyone."
I can tanslate that for you: Cody has no adjusting skills himself and doesn't trust himself to perform that move.
I might add, never go to a surgeon who has no skills to perform surgery--bad things can happen.
See folks, it's very simple: cody is not a chiropractor. Never has been. He knows nothing about chiropractic or chiropractic technique. Sure, he lies about being a chiropractor, then claims he's a rat (testifying against successful chiropractors), and proud of it. Then cody says he made 'a fortune in chiropractic during the 'mercedes 80's'(which implies overutilization and billing for services never performed--VERY illegal). Then says no one else but he can make money in chiropractic. This is a textbook definition of delusional.
Oh, but let's not forget cody owns, yes OWNS his own pair of ECCO golf shoes and flaunts them! He then takes his shoes, the very same pair, puts them on then walks to his grill where broiled salmon awaits--this, after spending the day golfing with Donald Trump (his words).
Liars are funny that way. Cody is that way.
Wisdom

Manhasset, NY

#49 Jul 9, 2012
Obviously, twisting and torquing calcified vertebral arteries or arteries with aneurysms or "weak" walls risks a cerebrovascular event (stoke).

Fact: Chiropractors do NOT get any actual clinical experience in examining, diagnosing or treating patients who sustained or are susceptible to vascular events. NONE.

So exactly why would anyone risk having their neck twisted by a chiropractor?
Washington Chiro

Buffalo Grove, IL

#50 Jul 9, 2012
Wisdom wrote:
Obviously, twisting and torquing calcified vertebral arteries or arteries with aneurysms or "weak" walls risks a cerebrovascular event (stoke).
Fact: Chiropractors do NOT get any actual clinical experience in examining, diagnosing or treating patients who sustained or are susceptible to vascular events. NONE.
So exactly why would anyone risk having their neck twisted by a chiropractor?
Man, that was a good last post I had! Thus, a repeat.

Cody just wrote, "hopefully not torque (twist) and possibly tear the carotid artery. Never let a chiro perform this "move" on you or anyone."
I can tanslate that for you: Cody has no adjusting skills himself and doesn't trust himself to perform that move.
I might add, never go to a surgeon who has no skills to perform surgery--bad things can happen.
See folks, it's very simple: cody is not a chiropractor. Never has been. He knows nothing about chiropractic or chiropractic technique. Sure, he lies about being a chiropractor, then claims he's a rat (testifying against successful chiropractors), and proud of it. Then cody says he made 'a fortune in chiropractic during the 'mercedes 80's'(which implies overutilization and billing for services never performed--VERY illegal). Then says no one else but he can make money in chiropractic. This is a textbook definition of delusional.
Oh, but let's not forget cody owns, yes OWNS his own pair of ECCO golf shoes and flaunts them! He then takes his shoes, the very same pair, puts them on then walks to his grill where broiled salmon awaits--this, after spending the day golfing with Donald Trump (his words).
Liars are funny that way. Cody is that way.
SAChiro

Cape Town, South Africa

#51 Jul 13, 2012
With a father who is a surgeon and brother an anaethetist and mother in charge of ICU, I balance my AK chiro with blood/urine tests as well as X-rays and MRIs, and when necessary, I refer to physios for rehab or MDs or specialists for further investigation or care. I am shocked to read the above from both sides.
Wisdom

Roslyn, NY

#52 Jul 13, 2012
"AK chiro"? If you are referring applied kinesiology chiropractic, then you are practicing quackery. Plain and simple.

What exactly are you "shocked" about, other than the juvenile posts from your colleague "washboy"?
Washington Chiro

Buffalo Grove, IL

#53 Jul 13, 2012
Wisdom wrote:
"AK chiro"? If you are referring applied kinesiology chiropractic, then you are practicing quackery. Plain and simple.
What exactly are you "shocked" about, other than the juvenile posts from your colleague "washboy"?
'wisdom' has zero credibility. He brags he failed as a chiropractor yet 'practiced for 15 years'. The definition of a loser. To quote wisdom, "I was living on food stamps as a chiropractor. Don't go into the field." Oh, and he's no MD. He's way out of his league discussing chiropractic or medicine. He wouldn't be invited to any debating table--no matter how small.
Plain and simple: wisdom was never a chiropractor or a doctor of any kind.
Cody

Anderson, IN

#54 Jul 13, 2012
SAChiro wrote:
With a father who is a surgeon and brother an anaethetist and mother in charge of ICU, I balance my AK chiro with blood/urine tests as well as X-rays and MRIs, and when necessary, I refer to physios for rehab or MDs or specialists for further investigation or care. I am shocked to read the above from both sides.
SA Chiro...did you ever even read the literature regarding CVA and cervical manipulation in SA ? Your father is a surgeon etc....Have a discussion if you haven't already or are you in denial of the risk also. Why are you shocked?.... Just disregard or better yet don't even read the posts by "Doc" Washington. Is this the type of person or Chiropractor that you would have represent the profession. A quack, period. That is what is shocking my friend.
Washington Chiro

Buffalo Grove, IL

#55 Jul 13, 2012
Cody wrote:
<quoted text>
SA Chiro...did you ever even read the literature regarding CVA and cervical manipulation in SA ? Your father is a surgeon etc....Have a discussion if you haven't already or are you in denial of the risk also. Why are you shocked?.... Just disregard or better yet don't even read the posts by "Doc" Washington. Is this the type of person or Chiropractor that you would have represent the profession. A quack, period. That is what is shocking my friend.
What isn't shocking is how bitter this 'cody' creep is. He said he failed as a chiropractor. Not a biggie--lots of people fail. But to compensate he now says he testifies (rats) against successful chiropractors. Good thing that doesn't really pay (about $200 for a full day--cody rats twice a month--you do the math). Oh, an in-between ratting he wears Ecco golf shoes while golfing with Donald Trump and Prince William. Loads of credibility there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Minnesota becomes 12th state to OK gay marriage (May '13) Jun 1 Joe Balls 1,876
News Minnesota Lottery to offer online 'scratch-off'... (Mar '14) May '16 ismail ibrahim 12
News Al Franken: Health reform has made a difference... (Sep '10) May '16 Not Low Income Se... 241
News Romney on minimum wage: 'We ought to raise it' (May '14) May '16 Sorosing On 19
News Thousands Join Shingle Lawsuit (Aug '08) May '16 CORP CRIME REPORT 116
News Lawmakers mourn, remember music icon Prince Apr '16 Sterkfontein Swar... 26
News Minnesota Case Re-Opens Wounds Among Somalis (Oct '12) Apr '16 Dacar 14
More from around the web