20 states, including Mich., file secession petition

Nov 13, 2012 Full story: WZZM-TV Grand Rapids

Residents from 20 states, including Michigan, have filed petitions to secede from the U.S. after the re-election of President Barack Obama a week ago.

Full Story
Michael Kegley

Grand Ledge, MI

#1 Nov 16, 2012
As of now, the petition asking that Michigan secede from the Union has 18,624 of the 25,000 signatures required by December 10, 2012 - and they just filed their petition on 11/10/2012!.

This is, of course, whacky nonsense; but I would prefer that the rest of the country not think of the citizens of the Great State of Michigan as whack-jobs, so I have created a petition to : "AFFIRM the State of MICHIGAN as a proud member of these United States of America:

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD so that we can cancel out their efforts - and allow the government to work on issues that are more pressing than nonsense such as this. We need 25,000 signatures by DECEMBER 16, 2012.

Until this petition has 150 signatures, it will only be available from the following URL and WILL NOT BE PUBLICLY VIEWABLE on the Open Petitions section of We the People. We have only 30 days to get 25,000 signatures in order for the petition to be reviewed by the White House. Thank you for passing this along!

You can sign the petition to AFFIRM Michigan's statehood here:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/aff...
celticwarriors

Bradenton, FL

#2 Nov 24, 2012
Thank you for your signatures and addresses flying-monkey rightwingparanoids! We'll be coming for you soon.
Homeland Security
dognes

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Nov 27, 2012
youtube.com/watch... I support the Sucession petitions and Michigan withdraw
from the USA,,However no Sucession PETITION IDENTIFIES a opposition leadership starting the process,,,,next is organized leadership for the sucession

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michigan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Critics Claim Religious Freedom Act Legalizes B... 3 min L Craig s Hush Pu... 24
Michigan say no more Anchor Babies on your Tax $$ (Aug '06) 11 hr scs201 2
Gay Michigan? 19 hr scs2011 4
Jackson wants to raze 400 homes in blight fight 19 hr scs2011 3
Michigan to vote on 7 percent sales tax for roads 19 hr scs2011 2
Michigan divides up $75 million in federal fund... Dec 18 reality is a crutch 1
Irish unlikely to reach top (Nov '06) Dec 18 Sneaky Pete 19
More from around the web