Feature Film 'Golden Shoes' Approved ...

Feature Film 'Golden Shoes' Approved for Film Incentives

There are 4 comments on the CBS Local story from Sep 9, 2012, titled Feature Film 'Golden Shoes' Approved for Film Incentives. In it, CBS Local reports that:

The Michigan Film Office announced Friday the feature film Golden Shoes has been approved for a film incentive from the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS Local.

abc

Royal Oak, MI

#1 Sep 26, 2012
Very dissapointed on how the children on the oppossing soccer team were not able to eat with the rest of the actors. Quite arrogant if you ask me!! It was said,"that they were not in the budget to be able to eat with the rest of actors". The soccer players on the stars team were able to eat. These children and their parents all assumed because an email was sent, prio, telling them that they would have lunch with them. It is not about having lunch that angers me but the exclusion of these kids. This movie is about bullying and setting a good example. Unfortunately, the actions presented were contridicting to the meaning of the movie. Smoking by the staff was, i was told, was out of hand ,setting another bad example to our children. Yes a pizza was given to them after the fact (Two five dollar pizzas) for 10 boys. Wow so generous. The experience was great for them but come on!!!!! Bring your egos down more than a notch. Signed Dissapointed in the filmm industry.
mmm

Brighton, MI

#2 Sep 26, 2012
Totally agreed! Very disappointed.
abc wrote:
Very dissapointed on how the children on the oppossing soccer team were not able to eat with the rest of the actors. Quite arrogant if you ask me!! It was said,"that they were not in the budget to be able to eat with the rest of actors". The soccer players on the stars team were able to eat. These children and their parents all assumed because an email was sent, prio, telling them that they would have lunch with them. It is not about having lunch that angers me but the exclusion of these kids. This movie is about bullying and setting a good example. Unfortunately, the actions presented were contridicting to the meaning of the movie. Smoking by the staff was, i was told, was out of hand ,setting another bad example to our children. Yes a pizza was given to them after the fact (Two five dollar pizzas) for 10 boys. Wow so generous. The experience was great for them but come on!!!!! Bring your egos down more than a notch. Signed Dissapointed in the filmm industry.
supporter

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 Sep 27, 2012
As someone new to the industry, you need to understand that small productions often feel "EXTRAS" and "CAST" differently. Sorry you did not enjoy the experience, but hopefully your student athlete did. For future, perhaps you can find out ahead of time what would be expected, hours worked, compensation, if htere is food involved, will you have access to the snack table or meals. I am sure there was no slight intended, but budget to be watched.
abc

Royal Oak, MI

#4 Sep 28, 2012
They were informed that they would be included with the food! If they were not informed, it would be understood and i would not be commentinga bout this issue. Also, A hand full of children would not break the budget , especially since they worked as hard as the rest. What about the smoking around the children and risking their health and setting a bad example?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michigan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dozens rally in Michigan for ex-Marine held in ... 5 hr Joe Balls 9
News Courser Claims Investigation is "Political Retr... 11 hr Kevn 1
The Federal Association of Archaeology & Resear... (Aug '09) 20 hr Koh JB malaysia 14
News Michigan rally shows support for ex-Marine held... Sun A Doomed America 2
News Al Capone's West Michigan ties: Fact or fun-fic... (Jan '06) Sat Hello 808
From fall-like to big warm-up Aug 26 mike 1
How many Hells Angels chapters in Michigan? (Oct '12) Aug 24 knownothing 64
More from around the web