Local projects ready for Obama $timulus

Full story: WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan

Justice sometimes carries a hefty price tag. Take Kent County's new 63rd District Court House under construction in Grand Rapids Township.
Comments
1 - 20 of 62 Comments Last updated Dec 8, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Kalamazoo

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

Judged:

What about the roads in Kalamazoo?
Jeff Poppen

Grand Blanc, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

Judged:

RE: Road Repair Dollars from Obama
How about the Kent County Road Commission put on the (road repair) schedule a work order to fix the stretch of Pettis between Knapp and 2 mile?? It is a botched up mess, unsafe, broken, and right in front of Forest Hills Eastern Highschool. If any road in Kent County deserves to be fixed it is that bumpy, uneven mess. Part of it is new but the majority is not. Most of the road needs to be taken out completely and repaved correctly. As of this moment it is very bumpy and unsafe for stopping at any speed. I have seen people try to stop on wet pavement and fishtail because of the bumps. Reith Reily is 2 miles away and their trucks have done most of the damage. Lets have them pitch in for the cost of the repair bill !

Lets fix that stretch of road ASAP.
Kelli

Whitehall, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

Judged:

Virtually any road in Michigan is like driving on the moon.
kkk

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

Yeah, we really need a larger courthouse, what the hell for, when our roads are in dire straits need of repair.....man, our priorities are way out of whack.
Ryan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

Where is Obama getting all of this money from? He is supposedly cutting 95% of people's taxes, but is raising government spending. A kindergartner could tell you that plan does not add up.

Since: May 08

Plainwell, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

Momma always said "Don't count your chickens before they're hatched"
saywhat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

Hey Muskegon County how about asking money for a new jail that we need! Not such a priority now? Guess you are going to wait and ask us tax payers to vote soon. Good luck! Roads! That is another story!
Some journalism

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

Wood TV: If you are targeting adults in your journalistic ventures (you know, the ones who provide the bulk of your ratings and hold the dollars), try using at least somewhat correct English. This headline is rediculous.
Prop2

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

They wouldn't need a bigger jail if they decriminalized marijuana...
Social Worker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

I think some of that money should go to hiring new judges and consideration boards for the SDA program in Stanton.
They are turning down disabled folks and some who have no income and can't work. They only pay out 234. or so a month in the first place but instead, they let people lose their homes and it keeps on until some people are on the streets.

It shouldn't be so impossible for an adult to get help from them to keep them alive until the government does something about the Social Security System.
Herb

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

I wonder if any money will toward the US31 bypass in Ottawa County, driving through Grand Haven is a nightmare. Not to mention having to stop for every dang light.
idunno

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

Judged:

oh NO NO NO the COURTHOUSE is too NEW.matter of fact EVERY city in the area got a NEW POLICE STATION and COURT HOUSE..........

GRAND RAPIDS,KENTWOOD,WYOMING ect ect..........
nice try this will do NOTHING long term FOR THE ECONOMY..........

how about WINDMILL type ELECTRIC PRODUCING DAMS IN MAJOR RIVERS??????????
LCinCP

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

The reduction in taxes will bite us later. How is this going to help when home prices keep dropping and property taxes keep going up. Gas taxes are said to be going up also. People we are taxed to death and keeps getting worse.
I think they should lower property taxes so people may have a better chance of not defaulting. The jail crap can wait for better economy. Take care of the bad roads first and put new on hold for now. They need to keep people in their homes or a lot more will leave the state and you won't have to worry about the roads. Get money into peoples hands so they can spend to get the economy going and get jobs going again like businesses that need help. So much money has been pumped overseas for decades and now its time to help the american people starting with the states that are worse off. We have built fancy parks and things of that nature with our tax dollars so now its time for a reduction to help the people through this tough time. Tax structure needs to be redone and more equal.

“DRILL FOR OIL?, "YES WE CAN"”

Since: Jul 08

Cannonsburg, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

Judged:

I have 11 kids and can't afford anything, we had to use our food stamps for better insulation in the house.
LCinCP

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

Damn, have a few more kids!!!!
what the F

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

what about putting more cops on the road...or being able to save money in these time instead of asking for more taxpayer money to fund these assinine projects that kent county wants......talk about a double whammy...greedy jerks!
what the F

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

Judged:

Ryan wrote:
Where is Obama getting all of this money from? He is supposedly cutting 95% of people's taxes, but is raising government spending. A kindergartner could tell you that plan does not add up.
the same place BUSH got his money for the war...from you and me Ryan...dont start bashing obama when pres Tush has drove out economy into the chithole
Sandy

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2009

Judged:

what the F wrote:
<quoted text>the same place BUSH got his money for the war...from you and me Ryan...dont start bashing obama when pres Tush has drove out economy into the chithole
Typical Lib, a question is bashing????? Your answer chose to bash the current President when the question merely asked what a lot of people have been thinkng, "Where's the money coming from???" How is that BASHING anyone??
Hoss

Ionia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2009

Whatever Obama is going to do to help fix the economy, I hope he does it as soon as he takes office. The Bush depression is getting worse every week.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Barnesville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2009

Judged:

Obama's Stimulus Plan????? That is our money folks. We are going down..........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michigan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wolf hunt law approved by Michigan House after ... 47 min Sneaky Pete 1
486 apartment units in Detroit approved for Mic... Tue reality is a crutch 1
Dems: Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder should fire top... Aug 25 Kevin 1
Metro Detroit's monster storm captured on radar Aug 23 username 2
48 Hours: The best of things to do in Metro Det... Aug 23 Free Kwame 3
Metro Detroit to get $750K to repair roads, bri... Aug 21 Oscar 2
How many Hells Angels chapters in Michigan? (Oct '12) Aug 20 SFFS81 40
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••