Religious challenge to health care la...

Religious challenge to health care law hits high court

There are 28 comments on the USA Today story from Mar 19, 2014, titled Religious challenge to health care law hits high court. In it, USA Today reports that:

President Obama's health care law returns to the Supreme Court next Tuesday in a case full of hot-button issues: religious freedom, corporate rights, federal regulation, abortion, contraception and politics.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
david traversa

Argentina

#1 Mar 19, 2014
If it were up to the " religious " we'd still be drinking cow's dung mixed with a bat's blood to cure insanity .. They WILL insist on holding back all human progress in order to prove an unprovable tenet . Away with the whole sorry lot !
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Mar 19, 2014
As long as a scientology owned business gets to opt out of pharma and conventional mental health coverage then I guess it's all good.

Actually that would stupid beyond belief, but it would be even handed.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#3 Mar 19, 2014
SCOTUS has decided cases wrongly in the past, and has gone back and admitted their mistake and overturned their previous decision.

They should admit their mistake in their infamous OBAMACARE decision, and rule the whole colossal fiasco unconstitutional, null, void, and of no effect.

For those who disagree with me, please read the 9th Amendment and the 10th Amendment found in The Bill Of Rights in the U.S. Constitution.
Wafflez

Petoskey, MI

#4 Mar 20, 2014
"Religious challenge to health care law hits high court"

Are you kidding me? Because a bunch of Bible worshippers don't want ME to use birth control you're going to let them INFLUENCE ME? BULLSHIT. Religious people need to back down and realize there's this thing called "SEPARATION BETWEEN CHURCH AND STATE" and mind their own damn business.

By the way, CHURCHES NEED TO BE TAXED, THEY ARE A BUSINESS.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#5 Mar 20, 2014
Wafflez wrote:
"Religious challenge to health care law hits high court"
Are you kidding me? Because a bunch of Bible worshippers don't want ME to use birth control you're going to let them INFLUENCE ME? BULLSHIT. Religious people need to back down and realize there's this thing called "SEPARATION BETWEEN CHURCH AND STATE" and mind their own damn business.
By the way, CHURCHES NEED TO BE TAXED, THEY ARE A BUSINESS.
YOU ARE SO RIGHT! These Churches can't stay out of politics, so they need to be taxed and then our country will be out of debt in about a year.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#6 Mar 20, 2014
The increasingly anti-American Supreme Court will rule that Christians will not be exempt from this disaster of a law.

But terrorist Muslims....hmmmm. They might have to think on that one.
justme

United States

#7 Mar 21, 2014
I don't know about this, if I don't like this employer, don't I have a right to apply for a job at Target?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#8 Mar 21, 2014
Wafflez wrote:
Because a bunch of Bible worshippers don't want ME to use birth control you're going to let them INFLUENCE ME?
You can use all the birth control you want to. But if you work for the "Bible worshippers" they don't want to pay for it.

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#9 Mar 21, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
You can use all the birth control you want to. But if you work for the "Bible worshippers" they don't want to pay for it.
And they don't want doctors talking to their insured employees about it. They're going to lose this case big time, it's a slippery slope to discrimination. They have no problem paying for Viagra for their male employees. Bigotry in action.
Jaimie

Madison, WI

#10 Mar 21, 2014
Religious freedom declarations were banned in the court of law legally by the Vatican. A member is only secured ON the Vatican property, it is no longer used as medical or legal defense. Madison Wisconsin has a com.link to Vatican society to rule out if Vatican will pay for legal defense or not via Sattelite. No tolerence to ignorence.

The catacolmbs are filled in cyrogenics labs, and you civilans have a inability to cure those that hold historical knowledge or return their actual land and funds, so they refuse you rights to any form of legal defense or medical psychic retorations form your own ignorence tyo heal those waiting to rerun in life with a lisenced professional to heal those already waiting on lists throughout history that paid in advance to restorations.

You all stole and embessled medical supplies to cure them and bring them back. SO they refuse your life as you stole their property while they were in a coma, not dead.
Dan

United States

#11 Mar 21, 2014
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
And they don't want doctors talking to their insured employees about it. They're going to lose this case big time, it's a slippery slope to discrimination. They have no problem paying for Viagra for their male employees. Bigotry in action.
Um, Viagra isn't birth control for men or something.

I think it's like a pill for a diagnosed medical dysfunction.

Just saying.

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#12 Mar 21, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, Viagra isn't birth control for men or something.
I think it's like a pill for a diagnosed medical dysfunction.
Just saying.
It's a product use specifically by men to assist in the reproductive process.

just saying

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#13 Mar 21, 2014
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a product use specifically by men to assist in the reproductive process.
just saying
Um, no it's not. It's used specifically by older men who wish to still remain sexually active. 99% of these guys are doing so to assist in them having a good time, and not to produce children at an unnaturally old age.

Just saying...
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Mar 22, 2014
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, no it's not. It's used specifically by older men who wish to still remain sexually active. 99% of these guys are doing so to assist in them having a good time, and not to produce children at an unnaturally old age.
Just saying...
Really? So being sexually active has nothing to do with making babies?

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#15 Mar 22, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? So being sexually active has nothing to do with making babies?
Not when you are 70 years old and have had a vasectomy.

It is purely recreational at that point.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#16 Mar 22, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? So being sexually active has nothing to do with making babies?
The majority of time, for anyone sexually active, the answer is "NO". Otherwise we would all be knee-deep in babies.

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#17 Mar 22, 2014
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Not when you are 70 years old and have had a vasectomy.
It is purely recreational at that point.
You fell right into that one too. Guess what male only birth control operation is paid for by the bigoted, women's body controlling, right wing religionists insurance coverage?

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#18 Mar 22, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of time, for anyone sexually active, the answer is "NO". Otherwise we would all be knee-deep in babies.
Mostly thanks to female birth control.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#19 Mar 22, 2014
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
Mostly thanks to female birth control.
Condoms aren't popular anymore ?! They're probably the MOST effective means of birth control.
RC

New Haven, WV

#20 Mar 22, 2014
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>YOU ARE SO RIGHT! These Churches can't stay out of politics, so they need to be taxed and then our country will be out of debt in about a year.
Yep.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michigan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How many Hells Angels chapters in Michigan? (Oct '12) Oct 18 GoFurmom 115
News Ex-Michigan assistant AG fired for stalking gay... Oct 18 Pope Closet Emeritus 7
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... (Nov '16) Oct 17 Tm Cln 8,720
graceland ballroom lupton mi purple gang (Jan '09) Oct 13 Ed Rychcik 128
Michigan's 'largest solar park' will produce en... Oct 12 Erratic Mind 1
James Haggerty Oct 12 wondering 1
News Mother whose 4 children were murdered by ex-hus... (Mar '17) Oct 12 Texxy 3
More from around the web