Lesbian couple challenges Michigan's ...

Lesbian couple challenges Michigan's marriage law

There are 31 comments on the Detroit News story from Sep 8, 2012, titled Lesbian couple challenges Michigan's marriage law. In it, Detroit News reports that:

Sam-sex couple challenge Michigan's marriage amend...: April DeBoer and Jayne Rowse who have three special needs children are challenging the state's ban on adoptions by unmarried couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
voting citizen

Evart, MI

#1 Sep 8, 2012
We...meaning the state of MI have already voted against gay marriage. I would love the chance to kick the judges a__ that recommended these ppl to fight the marriage law! We have spoken...why are they being able to take this to the supreme court and wasting our taxpayers dollars??? We have already used taxpayers dollars to vote against gay marriage!!! just sayin' getting really sick of this crap!!!

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#2 Sep 8, 2012
voting citizen wrote:
We...meaning the state of MI have already voted against gay marriage. I would love the chance to kick the judges a__ that recommended these ppl to fight the marriage law! We have spoken...why are they being able to take this to the supreme court and wasting our taxpayers dollars??? We have already used taxpayers dollars to vote against gay marriage!!! just sayin' getting really sick of this crap!!!
You're the one who chose to violate the right of equal protection as guaranteed by the US Constitution by voting against "gay marriage", you expected us to just smile and say thank you? It really doesn't matter how many folk you had voting against "gay marriage", you simply do not have the right to deny us our rights. If you had just voted against legalized discrimination, there would be no need to be wasting tax dollars by taking this to the Courts, but no, you have no one to blame but yourselves that we have to challenge this crap.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#3 Sep 9, 2012
voting citizen wrote:
We...meaning the state of MI have already voted against gay marriage......
If you vote to strip away the most basic civil and human rights form other taxpayers in your state, do you really expect them not to use every legal means to protect themselves and their families?

That's one of the reasons that the courts exist at all.

To protect the right of all citizens.

If you don't want to see other taxpayers fighting for the same protection under the law that you demand for yourself, then stop trying to vote it away.

And stop whining when citizens fight for their families in the EXACT same way you would, were the situation reversed and you were denied equality under the law by a group that finds you "icky".

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#4 Sep 9, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
If you had just voted against legalized discrimination, there would be no need to be wasting tax dollars by taking this to the Courts, but no, you have no one to blame but yourselves that we have to challenge this crap.
No, if you weirdos would quit promoting a sexual perversion as mainstream, this would be a non-issue. What's next? Directing your hate filled rants towards people because they're denying you your "right" to make love to a horse, or marry your sister, or whatever other freaky stuff you deviants are into?

Dudes marrying other dudes? Our forefathers would be rolling over in their graves if they could see what a circus their once great country has become.

Since: May 12

United States

#5 Sep 9, 2012
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
No, if you weirdos would quit promoting a sexual perversion as mainstream, this would be a non-issue. What's next? Directing your hate filled rants towards people because they're denying you your "right" to make love to a horse, or marry your sister, or whatever other freaky stuff you deviants are into?
Dudes marrying other dudes? Our forefathers would be rolling over in their graves if they could see what a circus their once great country has become.
yo talkin about christianity again aren't you

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#6 Sep 9, 2012
Lililth_Satans_Wh_ore wrote:
<quoted text>yo talkin about christianity again aren't you
Do they have spelling classes where you come from? Quit "yo talkin" and go take an English class. I'm going to guess that you're government educated. That would explain your horrible grammar as well as your brainwashed ideology.

Since: May 12

United States

#7 Sep 9, 2012
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they have spelling classes where you come from? Quit "yo talkin" and go take an English class. I'm going to guess that you're government educated. That would explain your horrible grammar as well as your brainwashed ideology.
oh sorry fucktard bigot... left school in the 8th grade.... do pretty good with not a day of high school

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#8 Sep 9, 2012
Lililth_Satans_Wh_ore wrote:
left school in the 8th grade....
Why doesn't that surprise me? Ha-ha-ha!!!

Since: May 12

Seattle, WA

#9 Sep 9, 2012
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Why doesn't that surprise me? Ha-ha-ha!!!
let me guess ... your a brain sergen..... lololol ya rite

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#10 Sep 9, 2012
Lililth_Satans_Wh_ore wrote:
<quoted text>let me guess ... your a brain sergen..... lololol ya rite
"your"? "sergen"? "rite"? Let me guess...you're voting for B.O. this November???
Brown Lipstick

Pittsfield, MA

#11 Sep 9, 2012
Lililth_Satans_Wh_ore wrote:
<quoted text>oh sorry fucktard bigot... left school in the 8th grade.
Now there's a suprise for the ages.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#12 Sep 9, 2012
Sneaky Pete wrote:
No, if you weirdos would quit promoting a sexual perversion as mainstream, this would be a non-issue.
Sorry dear, but its you freaks that have made an issue of this where there really wouldn't be one, if you all knocked off with your bizarre homoerotic fantasies equating being homosexual with some form of sexual perversion, there'd be no problem. This would be what it really is, a civil rights issue, but no, we have to endlessly respond to what you are fantasizing our sex lives. Your issues with same sex sexual acts are your problem, please quit insisting that they be ours as well.
Sneaky Pete wrote:
What's next? Directing your hate filled rants towards people because they're denying you your "right" to make love to a horse, or marry your sister, or whatever other freaky stuff you deviants are into?
Not satisfied with reminding us that you fantasize about same sex sexual acts more often than the average homosexual, you decide to remind us that you have erotic fantasies about getting way too friendly with the animals and boinking your sister as well. Gee thanks. Is all you really want to do is discuss the erotic fantasies you claim to be turned off by even thinking about?
Sneaky Pete wrote:
Dudes marrying other dudes? Our forefathers would be rolling over in their graves if they could see what a circus their once great country has become.
Hon, what's causing the Founding Father grave spin is those of you who blame them for insulting everything they believed in when they adopted a republican form of government with limited democracy. They would freak that issues like this were being put to a public vote, issues effecting the greater society were for our representatives to decide, not angry mobs of badly informed voters.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#13 Sep 12, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
if you all knocked off with your bizarre homoerotic fantasies equating being homosexual with some form of sexual perversion, there'd be no problem.
"Sexual perversions are conditions in which sexual excitement or orgasm is associated with acts or imagery that are considered unusual within the culture"

Heterosexuality is the norm. Being queer is not. Therefore it's a sexual perversion. I'm right, you're wrong (as usual).

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.c...

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#14 Sep 12, 2012
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sexual perversions are conditions in which sexual excitement or orgasm is associated with acts or imagery that are considered unusual within the culture"
Heterosexuality is the norm. Being queer is not. Therefore it's a sexual perversion. I'm right, you're wrong (as usual).
http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.c...
Let's play a little bit more from your own source, shall we?

"To avoid problems associated with the stigmatization of labels, the neutral term paraphilia, derived from Greek roots meaning "alongside of" and "love," is used to describe what used to be called sexual perversions. A paraphilia is a condition in which a person's sexual arousal and gratification depend on a fantasy theme of an unusual situation or object that becomes the principal focus of sexual behavior.

Description

Paraphilias can revolve around a particular sexual object or a particular act. They are defined by DSM-IV as "sexual impulse disorders characterized by intensely arousing, recurrent sexual fantasies, urges and behaviors considered deviant with respect to cultural norms and that produce clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational or other important areas of psychosocial functioning." The nature of a paraphilia is generally specific and unchanging, and most of the paraphilias are far more common in men than in women.

Paraphilias differ from what some people might consider "normal" sexual activity in that these behaviors cause significant distress or impairment in areas of life functioning. They do not refer to the normal use of sexual fantasy, activity, or objects to heighten sexual excitement where there is no distress or impairment. The most common signs of sexual activity that can be classified as paraphilia include: the inability to resist an impulse for the sexual act, the requirement of participation by non-consenting or under-aged individuals, legal consequences, resulting sexual dysfunction, and interference with normal social relationships.
Paraphilias include fantasies, behaviors, and/or urges which:

*involve nonhuman sexual objects, such as shoes or undergarments
*require the suffering or humiliation of oneself or partner
*involve children or other non-consenting partners

The most common paraphilias are:

exhibitionism, or exposure of the genitals
fetishism, or the use of nonliving objects
frotteurism, or touching and rubbing against a nonconsenting person
pedophilia, or the focus on prepubescent children
sexual masochism, or the receiving of humiliation or suffering
sexual sadism, or the inflicting of humiliation or suffering
transvestic fetishism, or cross-dressing
voyeurism, or watching others engage in undressing or sexual activity

A paraphiliac often has more than one paraphilia. Paraphilias often result in a variety of associated problems, such as guilt, depression, shame, isolation, and impairment in the capacity for normal social and sexual relationships. A paraphilia can, and often does, become highly idiosyncratic and ritualized."

Look Ma, no mention of homosexuality under his own definition of "sexual perversion". I wonder why that is. Heterosexuality may be the norm sweetie, but that doesn't mean that it is the only normal. It looks as though you managed to prove yourself wrong, as usual.
Strawberry Lipstick

Pittsfield, MA

#15 Sep 12, 2012
Nice copy paste rick. Well, except for the first and last.
Now get outta my tent!

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#16 Sep 12, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
Heterosexuality may be the norm sweetie, but that doesn't mean that it is the only normal. It looks as though you managed to prove yourself wrong, as usual.
I'll post it again-"Sexual perversions are conditions in which sexual excitement or orgasm is associated with acts or imagery that are considered unusual within the culture"

Like it or not, being queer is "unusual within the culture", and is therefore a sexual perversion, not that we need a dictionary to tell us that as this is just common knowledge.

So, it looks like all of that information you cut and pasted above was just a waste of time. If being gay and engaging in abnormal sexual activities is your thing, have at it. Just don't put it out on display like you and your ilk enjoy doing. Keep it up, and the pedophiles and beastiality folks will follow suit and start their campaign for "equal rights".
Strawberry Lipstick

Pittsfield, MA

#17 Sep 12, 2012
As long as you are in a marriage between a man and a woman 'faithfully' you are upholding or adhering to a moral code within a society. How ironic it is that you are wishing to degrade another word that is meaningful and important to those that try to hold a higher standard of commitment and faith between a man and a woman.
Your job on this earth is to defame, discredit, degrade, and humiliate any marriage or family that involves some form of faith, belief, or commitment to a higher level of consciousness and happiness.
Those that think otherwise may be a leper or a sadist, or even a modern day devil.

Your perversions are a tick and a leech that is fundamentally unsound, separate, yet dependent on our relationship because you could never survive on your own.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#18 Sep 12, 2012
Sneaky Pete wrote:
I'll post it again-"Sexual perversions are conditions in which sexual excitement or orgasm is associated with acts or imagery that are considered unusual within the culture"
Sweetie, posting the first sentence again doesn't change the fact that you ignored everything else on the page which DIDN'T include homosexuality under that definition of a "sexual perversion". You're trying to rationalize your choice of bigotries into a quote you have clearly taken out of context.
Sneaky Pete wrote:
Like it or not, being queer is "unusual within the culture", and is therefore a sexual perversion, not that we need a dictionary to tell us that as this is just common knowledge.
So any act which is "unusual within the culture" is a "sexual perversion"? Does this include acts committed by opposite sex individuals or are you limiting your tortured standards only to same sex copulations? If you want to "define" anything as a "sexual perversion", knock yourself out, but just because you believe it to be clearly doesn't make it so.
Sneaky Pete wrote:
So, it looks like all of that information you cut and pasted above was just a waste of time.
Of course it was dear, fact logic and reason are lost on you, we both know it. I just wanted to help you prove how much of an idiot you really are by pointing out just how much of the rest of your own definition you had to just plain ignore in order to make it mean what you say it does.
Sneaky Pete wrote:
If being gay and engaging in abnormal sexual activities is your thing, have at it.
That's mighty heterosexual of you sport.
Sneaky Pete wrote:
Just don't put it out on display like you and your ilk enjoy doing.
I can say the same about your ignorance and bigotry, if any dubious lifestyle choices need to be shoved in a closet, it's your own. But NOOOooo, we get you and your ilk flaunting their perversions of knowledge and Christianity day in and day out.
Sneaky Pete wrote:
Keep it up, and the pedophiles and beastiality folks will follow suit and start their campaign for "equal rights".
The sky will fall, the sky will fall, just you wait and see, the sky will fall.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#19 Sep 12, 2012
Strawberry Lipstick wrote:
Your job on this earth is to defame, discredit, degrade, and humiliate any marriage or family that involves some form of faith, belief, or commitment to a higher level of consciousness and happiness.
Yup. Typical liberals; dismantle the foundation this country was built upon brick by brick and rebuild it in their own demented image.
Strawberry Lipstick

Pittsfield, MA

#22 Sep 12, 2012
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Typical liberals; dismantle the foundation this country was built upon brick by brick and rebuild it in their own demented image.
The 'deconstruction' of marriage and family. Some art movement this has become.

We are nearing the crest that is the great 'Either or' in time as described by our native brothers and sisters.
Lest we forget

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michigan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dozens rally in Michigan for ex-Marine held in ... 3 hr Red 8
The Federal Association of Archaeology & Resear... (Aug '09) 6 hr Koh JB malaysia 14
News Michigan rally shows support for ex-Marine held... Sun A Doomed America 2
News Al Capone's West Michigan ties: Fact or fun-fic... (Jan '06) Sat Hello 808
From fall-like to big warm-up Aug 26 mike 1
How many Hells Angels chapters in Michigan? (Oct '12) Aug 24 knownothing 64
John Vincent Sruba Aug 23 alert 1
More from around the web