Gay marriages in Michigan halted by appeals court

Mar 23, 2014 Full story: Greenwich Citizen 21

Jenny Stanczyk, rear at left, and Cheryl Pine, rear at right, wait in line to apply for a marriage license at the Oakland County Clerks office with Maria, front left, and Nina Stanczyk in Pontiac, Mich., Saturday, March 22, 2014.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#3 Mar 23, 2014
Dudley wrote:
No wonder the little girl is hanging her head in shame.I feel so sorry for those two poor kids.
You 'wonder' an awful lot

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#4 Mar 23, 2014
Dudley wrote:
No wonder the little girl is hanging her head in shame.I feel so sorry for those two poor kids.
STFU idiot......the child ISN'T hanging her head in shame.......it's just cold outside!!!

Those kids obviously have a better life than you probably did as a child!!!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#5 Mar 23, 2014
Dudley wrote:
I wonder if the little boy has "come out" to his school yet?
Who raises YOUR kids?

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#7 Mar 23, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Who raises YOUR kids?
He has no wife or children. The gay threads are his life. That and changing names and locations as he posts his idiocy.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#8 Mar 23, 2014
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>He has no wife or children. The gay threads are his life. That and changing names and locations as he posts his idiocy.
Yup. What, going on 7 yrs now?
JIMBO

San Jose, CA

#9 Mar 23, 2014
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>He has no wife or children. The gay threads are his life. That and changing names and locations as he posts his idiocy.
Jade Jade Jade when will you ever stop lying? I am surrounded by family and friends why are you so jealous? Unlike you only acquaintances you like to refer as yor selected family.
Dudleys Dad

Menlo Park, CA

#10 Mar 23, 2014
Dudley wrote:
The kids are fine. It's yourself you should really feel sorry for. I knew before you were 3 that you'd turn out to be a loser, but I figured something more impressive like bank robber, serial killer, or Walmart cashier. But no, you end up spending your life in gay forums pretending to be straight. Lazy slob.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#11 Mar 23, 2014
Dudley wrote:
<quoted text>
My wife and I. You know the way it's supposed to be in a normal family! Something America has forgotten all about!
Normal huh?
Are you putting your kids up for adoption prior to your divorce?

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#12 Mar 23, 2014
The decision is stayed until Wednesday? That doesn't exactly make it sound like the Appellate court thinks very highly of the State's case. I suspect the original decision will be back in effect soon.

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#13 Mar 23, 2014
I wasn't replying or posting about a Jimbo. Some1 has his alters mixed up. Go figure

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#14 Mar 23, 2014
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>Yup. What, going on 7 yrs now?
He's working on his 10 Year Troll Pin.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#15 Mar 23, 2014
lides wrote:
The decision is stayed until Wednesday? That doesn't exactly make it sound like the Appellate court thinks very highly of the State's case. I suspect the original decision will be back in effect soon.
The court has asked our lawyers to provide written guidance for the decision before closing time Tuesday
We're supposed to come up with a list of reasons why a hold on marriage equality is a bad idea

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#16 Mar 23, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
The court has asked our lawyers to provide written guidance for the decision before closing time Tuesday
We're supposed to come up with a list of reasons why a hold on marriage equality is a bad idea
That should be a pretty easy list. One would think merely subverting the 14th Amendment guarantee of equal protection for all would be enough.
Funides R Mentally illin

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Mar 23, 2014
Dudley wrote:
<quoted text>
My wife and I. You know the way it's supposed to be in a normal family! Something America has forgotten all about!
No male poster with such an over the top obsession with homosexuality has a wife...who is of age or who is not an immediate relative.

It doesn't work that way.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#18 Mar 23, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
That should be a pretty easy list. One would think merely subverting the 14th Amendment guarantee of equal protection for all would be enough.
The state already included its list of talking points in the request for a stay
So basically; the court is asking for our lawyer's list of talking points used to win the case
As the little piggy said when his tail was caught in the mower; 'It won't be long now'

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#19 Mar 23, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
You have argued against equal protection for 9 months now. You have argued for gays being protected and for other groups to be violated. Is it too much to ask for a bit of consistency?

I support freedom and liberty for gays and bigots. You only support the use of force for gays. Is it any wonder so many anti-gay bigots waltz in here and harass you?

Are you capable of understanding that it is your behavior that attracts the anti-gay bigots in here to harass you?

Maybe if you supported their freedom they might support yours?
Funides R Mentally illin

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Mar 23, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You have argued against equal protection for 9 months now. You have argued for gays being protected and for other groups to be violated. Is it too much to ask for a bit of consistency?
I support freedom and liberty for gays and bigots. You only support the use of force for gays. Is it any wonder so many anti-gay bigots waltz in here and harass you?
Are you capable of understanding that it is your behavior that attracts the anti-gay bigots in here to harass you?
This is beyond sick.

The bigots were here being vile long before this debate. This topic did not cause homophobia.

You misstate the law because you lie and are insane. Many characteristics are protected. It is not "gays" being protected. It is "perceived sexual orientation," and same for all the other traits which are protected.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#21 Mar 23, 2014
fr Dudley:

>No wonder the little girl is hanging her head in shame.I feel so sorry for those two poor kids.<

Grow up, "Dudley" or whatever your chosen name is today. Did you ask her why she put her head down? No, you didn't. She's probably sleepy still.

I really feel sorry for any kid who comes into contact with YOU. Bigot.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#22 Mar 24, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
Is this the best you can do as a lie?

I support equal protection of the law for all, including homosexuals.
Allowing homosexuals the right to legally marry in no way violates the rights of anyone else.

Grow up.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#23 Mar 24, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this the best you can do as a lie?
I support equal protection of the law for all, including homosexuals.
Allowing homosexuals the right to legally marry in no way violates the rights of anyone else.
Grow up.
Right you are! This May me and my partner are getting married in Hawaii. We planned to vacation, and he brought up getting married there I said go for it. We've been together 15 yrs. The only thing I kinda dread is the 8 hr flight..and 10 hrs getting back....ugh.=\
How many STR8s will get divorce or have personal problems when I get married? NONE. But I will give them a tissue for their issue! ROTFL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michigan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should all non Islamic countries ban the Burqa?... Jan 27 scs2011 2
Treacherous roads, frozen pipes, and record war... Jan 26 Sneaky Pete 2
Judge Throws Out Alabama's Same-Sex Marriage Ban Jan 25 Mel 16
Gay marriage case may affect discrimination, re... Jan 25 Elizabeth1912 3
Snyder pushes for gay rights in Michigan Jan 25 scs2011 39
any michigan issue that doesn't involve gay agenda Jan 24 scs2011 1
a more conservative michigan Jan 24 scs2011 1
More from around the web