Detroit-area Pastors urge Michiganders to oppose right-to-work

Dec 8, 2012 Read more: Detroit Free Press 21

As much as we'd like to think otherwise, the odds are pretty good that someone won't use the gift... Reverend Charles Williams II speaks at a small protest that took place Saturday afternoon at the Capitol in Lansing.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mafungo

Holly, MI

#1 Dec 8, 2012
Dear Pastor:
Stick to preaching your religion and stay out of politics. I don't remember reading anything in the Bible about Jesus walking around Nazareth stirring up political unrest. I'm pretty sure he was more concerned with the souls of man. Preaches: concentrate on leading your flock to God.
celticwarriors

Bradenton, FL

#2 Dec 8, 2012
Jesus was a liberal and unions protect ALL workers! It is the rightwingnutball churches that have been sticking their hateful anti-Christ politics into our government. V is for Vagina is also under attack by the RepUGLYcon governor and his corporate cronies illegally forcing their wacked out religion into our state laws. The true followers of Christ's teaching are correct in their protest of the rtw stupidity because it sends good people into poverty.
The vile filth that is the rightwing will NOT be tolerated or allowed to go on hurting families to benefit the selfish whims of plutocrats! We voted AGAINST fascism on Nov. 6! We are legion! The "tipping point" of inequality in this country is already Over the Top! We know this. The Greedy GOP will learn it the hard way! French Revolution style, if necessary.
Pete

Sparta, MI

#3 Dec 8, 2012
celticwarriors wrote:
Jesus was a liberal and unions protect ALL workers! It is the rightwingnutball churches that have been sticking their hateful anti-Christ politics into our government. V is for Vagina is also under attack by the RepUGLYcon governor and his corporate cronies illegally forcing their wacked out religion into our state laws. The true followers of Christ's teaching are correct in their protest of the rtw stupidity because it sends good people into poverty.
The vile filth that is the rightwing will NOT be tolerated or allowed to go on hurting families to benefit the selfish whims of plutocrats! We voted AGAINST fascism on Nov. 6! We are legion! The "tipping point" of inequality in this country is already Over the Top! We know this. The Greedy GOP will learn it the hard way! French Revolution style, if necessary.
There is nothing faith based about unions. Their false pride shows through just like with all socialists. They simply want a big government to pay their way because they are incapable to do it themselves.
Unions leech off taxpayers, kill jobs and industries and they are just as responsible for this nations deficit and poor economy as obama is.
As a matter of fact, they are 2 peas in a pod.
Pete

Sparta, MI

#4 Dec 8, 2012
Pete wrote:
There is nothing faith based about unions. Their false pride shows through just like with all socialists. They simply want a big government to pay their way because they are incapable to do it themselves.
Unions leech off taxpayers, kill jobs and industries and they are just as responsible for this nations deficit and poor economy as obama is.
As a matter of fact, they are 2 peas in a pod.
Wifey says:
That's very true...

We have a president with a 3rd world upbringing...

and those socialist party unions are all morons who don't know any better..

Too Funny.
Pete

Sparta, MI

#5 Dec 8, 2012
MI will see many more people working than jobs we lost because of those crappy socialist/unions...

once it becomes a RTW state.
phil

Clinton Township, MI

#6 Dec 9, 2012
wish the preachers would stick to there church and leave the people to chose what they want to do.taking the right for the people to chose is wrong.its everyones right to either join or not to without condeming them.
fnguyoutoo

Sterling Heights, MI

#7 Dec 9, 2012
Mafungo wrote:
Dear Pastor:
Stick to preaching your religion and stay out of politics. I don't remember reading anything in the Bible about Jesus walking around Nazareth stirring up political unrest. I'm pretty sure he was more concerned with the souls of man. Preaches: concentrate on leading your flock to God.
Jesus was a rebel. They crucified him. If you don't like what father says, don't listen. He's entitled the same rights as you,me, and any other incorporated "people"
fnguyoutoo

Sterling Heights, MI

#8 Dec 9, 2012
Lower wages and more jobs equals less people paying taxes. You know like walmart employees. 30% of them qualify for food stamps or other gov assistance. You and me pay walmart employees way. While the walton family made 16BILLION DOLLARS! RTW is a just a faster track in the race to the bottom. The rich will realize this when our consumer driven economy no longer has any consumers.
Brian

Edwardsville, IL

#9 Dec 9, 2012
fnguyoutoo wrote:
Lower wages and more jobs equals less people paying taxes. You know like walmart employees. 30% of them qualify for food stamps or other gov assistance. You and me pay walmart employees way. While the walton family made 16BILLION DOLLARS! RTW is a just a faster track in the race to the bottom. The rich will realize this when our consumer driven economy no longer has any consumers.
They deduct walmart wages from welfare checks.
Put the bums to work. Walmart has high waged people too
Get to work you loafers
monique

Austin, TX

#10 Dec 9, 2012
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>They deduct walmart wages from welfare checks.
Put the bums to work. Walmart has high waged people too
Get to work you loafers
everbody call lansing on your bama phone
Agree

Covington, KY

#11 Dec 9, 2012
No one has had to spend Americas money bailing out Walmart !
Pete

Sparta, MI

#12 Dec 9, 2012
fnguyoutoo wrote:
Lower wages and more jobs equals less people paying taxes. You know like walmart employees. 30% of them qualify for food stamps or other gov assistance. You and me pay walmart employees way. While the walton family made 16BILLION DOLLARS! RTW is a just a faster track in the race to the bottom. The rich will realize this when our consumer driven economy no longer has any consumers.
More people working = more taxes paid.

unions soaking taxpayer money = less money...

and more bills.

unions are not taxpaying organizations. They free-ride on the taxpayers coat tails to survive.
Pete

Sparta, MI

#13 Dec 9, 2012
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
More people working = more taxes paid.
unions soaking taxpayer money = less money...
and more bills.
unions are not taxpaying organizations. They free-ride on the taxpayers coat tails to survive.
Wifey says:
That's very true...

and the unions only rob the jobs for the unemployed...

while soaking the taxpayer at the same time.

Too Funny.
Stoneman

Boise, ID

#17 Dec 9, 2012
Unions are job insurance for underachievers.

If you can't compete, join a union and force your employer to pay you more than you are worth and remove merit pay increases. That's why public school teacher unions NEVER want to allow merit pay. Most of us have to get up every day and prove to our employer that we are worth what they are paying us. Union people don't, and won't allow it.

Admitting to union membership is admitting to pathetic underachievement.
Monique

Austin, TX

#19 Dec 9, 2012
if we make less obama gonna have to do more for us.we are hurting an he better microwaveit soon.
me too

Crossville, TN

#21 Dec 11, 2012
The union has destroyed Detroit,are YOU people to blind to see that.Look around you! You have no jobs because of the unions that drove all the jobs south.Get a clue people!
Pete

Livonia, MI

#22 Dec 11, 2012
me too wrote:
The union has destroyed Detroit,are YOU people to blind to see that.Look around you! You have no jobs because of the unions that drove all the jobs south.Get a clue people!
Now they can all start work immediately making protest signs and YouTube dancing videos. Get those resumes updated and pick up something tight at the Suit Warehouse.
Prepare answers for some standard questions.

1. Where do I see myself in five years and what do I want to be doing.

2. What can I do to be productive for the company right now?

3. Why did you leave you last job?

4. Is there any reason you might not be successful at this job?

Do not ask:

1. What are my benefits?
2. How many vacation and sick days am I allowed?
3. Do we work on holidays?
4. How long before I can expect a raise?
5. When are the break times?

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#23 Dec 11, 2012
Birth of the unions are more tird to mafia and gangs than to work place safety and rights, read and educate yourselves....
Moms Mabley

Pasadena, TX

#24 Dec 11, 2012
Mi_nina wrote:
Birth of the unions are more tird to mafia and gangs than to work place safety and rights, read and educate yourselves....
I love your grammar and spelling.
Community Disorganizer

Trumbull, CT

#25 Dec 11, 2012
Stay the coarse Michigan! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michigan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michigan's Snyder Signs Bill Raising Minimum Wage (May '14) Apr 18 Sneaky Pete 15
Jesus is coming back to reign over the world! Apr 13 HE lives 4
News Congressional delegation backs cyber unit at Mi... Apr 13 lavon affair 1
News Damage at Michigan Ski Resort Leads to Charges ... Apr 13 WE THE PEOPLE 2
News Al Capone's West Michigan ties: Fact or fun-fic... (Jan '06) Apr 13 granddaughterbaby... 802
News FEMA Asks Michigan to Do the Impossible Apr 12 knaranjo 4
Election Who are you voting for in the Michigan Governor... (Oct '14) Apr 11 Phillup 11
More from around the web