Treasury secretary to show 'commitmen...

Treasury secretary to show 'commitment' to Detroit in visit

There are 6 comments on the Reuters story from Apr 21, 2014, titled Treasury secretary to show 'commitment' to Detroit in visit. In it, Reuters reports that:

Treasury Secretary Jack Lew will visit bankrupt Detroit this week to highlight the Obama administration's "continued commitment to the city's revitalization and explore ways to promote job creation and economic growth," according to an advisory his department released on Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Motown is now LessTown

Southampton, NY

#1 Apr 21, 2014
Q: Why do birds fly upside-down over Detroit?

A: Because there's nothing worth crapping on anymore.

“I laugh at Robo Posters”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#2 Apr 21, 2014
CHICAGOLAND: 9 Killed, 37 Wounded In Easter Weekend Shootings...

REPORT:'GODFATHER' cooking books on crime stats...

Liberal land is one big slum.
Cat74

Des Plaines, IL

#3 Apr 21, 2014
I hope those Government Officials that visit Detroit are fitted with flack jackets. Otherwise no one goes there without a death wish. Chicago will be the same in 10 years. My neighbor told us today he is leaving Chicago, and taking a job in Oak Brook, because of the deplorable working conditions there. High parking costs, and high crime. Now they are thinking of making people pay a fee if they work in Chicago, and live elsewhere. That should make the rest of the tax payers leave.

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#6 Apr 22, 2014
Eighthman wrote:
To commemorate the democrats failure in Detroit. Lew is going to take a dump at a public park and wipe his butt on a chain link fence to show his solidarity with the residents of Detroit.
How fitting.
That public conduct is reserved for joisey conservative trash.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#7 Apr 22, 2014
The 1977 classic movie, The Kentucky Fried Movie, had a skit where a dictator had a rivals head chopped off, then stated...."now take him to deetroit to be tortured" A fate worse than death.

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#9 Apr 22, 2014
Eighthman wrote:
Talk about the blind leading the stupid.
8thboy, are you reading braille to yourself?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michigan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How many Hells Angels chapters in Michigan? (Oct '12) 5 hr Lostinmi22 65
News An LGBT Tour Of The Great Lakes 6 hr taste the rainbow 4
News Dozens rally in Michigan for ex-Marine held in ... 16 hr Joe Balls 9
News Courser Claims Investigation is "Political Retr... 22 hr Kevn 1
The Federal Association of Archaeology & Resear... (Aug '09) Mon Koh JB malaysia 14
News Michigan rally shows support for ex-Marine held... Aug 30 A Doomed America 2
News Al Capone's West Michigan ties: Fact or fun-fic... (Jan '06) Aug 29 Hello 808
More from around the web