Hune, U-M rules could clash

Hune, U-M rules could clash

There are 14 comments on the Daily Press & Argus story from Jul 24, 2013, titled Hune, U-M rules could clash. In it, Daily Press & Argus reports that:

State Sen. Joe Hune's proposal to block undocumented immigrants from receiving state benefits could clash with the University of Michigan's decision to grant in-state tuition to undocumented students.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Press & Argus.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1 Jul 24, 2013
sure reward them for breaking in. darn shame, a good school should not even let them in.

illegal means what it says and these folks need to be treated as criminals they are not immigrants.
Brenda besson

United States

#2 Jul 24, 2013
Well this sounds like it might not happen,that was a short victory,things are getting tough for the dreamers,only one thing left to do,go home with mommy and daddy(if you have one)and live in mexico,go to school there,and get out of everyones hair.
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

#3 Jul 24, 2013
Education should be free. An educated society would be better for everyone.
Brenda besson

United States

#4 Jul 24, 2013
Juan wrote:
lol ha ha ha

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#5 Jul 26, 2013
Juan wrote:

"Mexicans abhor education. In their country, illiteracy dominates. As they arrive in our country, only 9.6 percent of fourth generation Mexicans earn a high school diploma. Mexico does not promote educational values. This makes them the least educated of any Americans or immigrants. The rate of illiteracy in Mexico stands at 63 percent."

http://rense.com/general75/amamex.htm

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#6 Jul 26, 2013
Juan wrote:
Wouldn't that be nice, everything free and no borders.
Brenda besson

United States

#8 Jul 27, 2013
spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
oh let him dream,he will wake up soon enough and see its a no go.they all will cry when amnesty fails,and it will.live in the shadows mi amigos lol.
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

#9 Jul 29, 2013
spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the U. S. should have borders. People should be able to come and go as they please.
ronnie

Salt Lake City, UT

#10 Jul 29, 2013
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the U. S. should have borders. People should be able to come and go as they please.
You say chit like this to see if you can piss Americans off... If I went into your homeland hell hole and demanded what you and your culture demands from us, I'd be shot and hung on a telephone pole. And you still don't get why we don't want you here or South Americans/all illegals????? Go home.
Brenda besson

United States

#11 Jul 29, 2013
ronnie wrote:
<quoted text>You say chit like this to see if you can piss Americans off... If I went into your homeland hell hole and demanded what you and your culture demands from us, I'd be shot and hung on a telephone pole. And you still don't get why we don't want you here or South Americans/all illegals????? Go home.
thats if they even let you in the country,no other country would put up with this shit.
Brenda besson

United States

#12 Jul 29, 2013
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
like who would want to go to mexico,it looks nice in some parts and thats it.
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

#13 Jul 30, 2013
Some of the most beautiful resorts and beaches in the world are in Mexico. Americans go there by the millions. Some even retire there.
Brenda besson

United States

#14 Jul 30, 2013
Juan wrote:
Some of the most beautiful resorts and beaches in the world are in Mexico. Americans go there by the millions. Some even retire there.
yes and what good does that do you if you cant live there.isnt that why you are here,isnt that why everyone wants to be here?
ronnie

Salt Lake City, UT

#15 Jul 30, 2013
I'm watching a video on PBS about Hondoras and who runs that Country.... The gang's kill hundreds of people everyday and they bury them alive. The Hondorans hire drug mules to transport Cocaine into the U.S. If they don't comply they're shot and perhaps their entire family is shot. Why in the world are we not doing everything in our power to stop this and deport any illegal that contributes to the gang violence here and South America. A Mexican in West Valley City Utah was shot and killed last night by a gang of thug's and Mexicans living here. They caught 5 of them this morning. They interviewed the Mother of the murdered guy, she acted, in Spanish only, like oh well, he will go into heaven and the killers will be forgiven. Huh? WTH is wrong with these low lifes? This is the New America... We're screwed.!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michigan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... (Nov '16) 47 min positronium 8,658
so how are those michigan babes doing.. owowow.... Aug 18 username posted 1
News LGBT group asks Michigan commission for legal p... Aug 16 Peter 8
News LGBT group asks Civil Rights Commission for leg... Aug 15 Gremlin 4
News In major shift, Americans now disapprove of Tru... Aug 6 C Kersey 2
News Naked man arrested was high on LSD chasing seag... Aug 6 make america grea... 24
News Mother whose 4 children were murdered by ex-hus... Aug 4 Tex- 2
More from around the web