Most effects of sequester yet to be felt

Most effects of sequester yet to be felt

There are 103 comments on the USA Today story from Mar 29, 2013, titled Most effects of sequester yet to be felt. In it, USA Today reports that:

A month after the so-called 'sequester' triggered $85 billion in automatic cuts to the federal budget, you'd be hard-pressed to find much evidence that anything has changed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

Cat74

United States

#22 Mar 30, 2013
The government can reduce their budget 2% without feeling any pain. We have no sympathy for those having to suddenly try to get by on less, since we have gotten by with less since the President was sworn in as president. Time the governent suffered a little. And guess what? Just because the W H is not talking about the Obama girls Ski trip doesn't mean they didn't get one.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#23 Mar 30, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> I know politicians make promises and don't keep all of them. This one is a doozy as the opposite is the rule of the day. I firmly believe that in the long run, his own voters are going to be the ones who suffer the most from this irresponsible game of political pandering. It is a shame that the Repubs keep offering up half way candidates that buckle to progressive demands.
Put up a candidate.

If Obama is so bad, which he is, he's almost a republican.

John McCain and Sarah Palin?

Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan?

Now teabaggers want to draft anyone that can fog a mirror or who can speak coherently.

Just like last time.

The people chose the lesser of two evils.

Teabaggers want to get their same failed rhetoric to more people but do it with a smile.

That should do it.

For the gullible.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#24 Mar 30, 2013
If the Republicans really want back in to the White House, they should run Al Sharpton.
serfs up

Merritt Island, FL

#25 Mar 30, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
Put up a candidate.
Now teabaggers want to draft anyone that can fog a mirror or who can speak coherently.
Just like last time.
Teabaggers want to get their same failed rhetoric to more people but do it with a smile.
That should do it.
For the gullible.
You seem to have more interest in the Republicans then the progressive Dems. Repubs did not learn their lesson from the last few years of Bush. They were given a foot in the door again in 2010 and blew it. Government has grown massively. And people have a right to ask questions about it. We are taking on new programs when the old ones are straining from the increasing amount of people that use them and taxes are increasing on everyday living. What is so difficult about cleaning up the waste in everything government does? Why does the door shut and no one answers that question? That would give people relief in itself except for those who benefit from cheating or unfair practices or anything else related. Again, why protect any man or woman who cheats the system?

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#26 Mar 30, 2013
really?
you media morons have been cramming the "horror stories" down our throats pretty regularly...

apparently, obama didn't cut the funding to important enough stuff!

usa

#27 Mar 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Put up a candidate.
Just like last time.
That should do it.
For the gullible.
mike dukakis, al gore, john kerry, walter mondale...
any of those names ring a bell, dumbfck?
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#28 Mar 30, 2013
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
They're people you nominate when your party sucks. How's the water?

hahahahahahahahahaha
Cat74

United States

#29 Mar 30, 2013
I think he 2016 Rpublican ticket will be someone heretofore unknown to politics. America is tired of the dynasty politics. We have 330,000,000 people. Surely we can find a couple with working brain cells that are not beholden to all those special interests Democrats, and Republicans can't seem to get away from now.
drinK the HivE

New York, NY

#30 Mar 30, 2013
It Must Be Said That Part Of Being Responsible Is Filtering One's Input 2 Ensure Our Output Stays Uncorrupted...

http://i2.asntown.net/h4/13/asia/3/president/...

usa

#31 Mar 30, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahahahahahahahaha
they were from YOUR party, dumbasss
Cat74

United States

#32 Mar 30, 2013
The sad part is we have been talking about hard times coming to our people for months. The middle class was paying such high taxes it has been a hardship to collect gas cards, save money for food, and the mortgage, etc. so now when things are real bad those who didn't take the warnings serious, are really in trouble. And that is what the government planned for, put the squeeze on the middle class. The rich are already paying all they can afford, and the poor pay nothing, so the hardship falls to the middle class. That is who elected this band of thieves, so it is hard to feel sorry for them,
wah

United States

#33 Mar 30, 2013
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know why they use those promises, when they have:

I will cut the deficit in half
I will govern from the middle
I will have open transparent government
My plan will cut health care costs for all middle class workers

The best quote:“I can make a firm pledge, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.”
Lol, you forgot, "I promise no more sloppy joe day, no homework ever and no more tests, if I am voted student body president" (and the crowd goes wild).
Sad, so many people fell for the lies...just like they did in jr high.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#34 Mar 31, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> You seem to have more interest in the Republicans then the progressive Dems. Repubs did not learn their lesson from the last few years of Bush. They were given a foot in the door again in 2010 and blew it. Government has grown massively. And people have a right to ask questions about it. We are taking on new programs when the old ones are straining from the increasing amount of people that use them and taxes are increasing on everyday living. What is so difficult about cleaning up the waste in everything government does? Why does the door shut and no one answers that question? That would give people relief in itself except for those who benefit from cheating or unfair practices or anything else related. Again, why protect any man or woman who cheats the system?
"You seem to have more interest in the Republicans then the progressive Dems."

Yes, I do.

When teabaggers stop believing their own rhetoric and soundbites, they might resemble this person.

U.S. Senator Tom Coburn, M.D.(R-OK) today released a new oversight report,“Wastebook 2011” that highlights over $6.5 billion in examples of some of the most egregious ways your taxpayer dollars were wasted. This report details 100 of the countless unnecessary, duplicative and low-priority projects spread throughout the federal government.

“Video games, robot dragons, Christmas trees, and magic museums. This is not a Christmas wish list, these are just some of the ways the federal government spent your tax dollars. Over the past 12 months, politicians argued, debated and lamented about how to reign in the federal government’s out of control spending. All the while, Washington was on a shopping binge, spending money we do not have on things we do not absolutely need. Instead of cutting wasteful spending, nearly $2.5 billion was added each day in 2011 to our national debt, which now exceeds $15 trillion,” Dr. Coburn said.

Instead,we get constant pleas to cut or eliminate programs that actually help Americans.

February 19, 2013

The owner of Homecare Unlimited, LLC, in Jacksonville, Florida, has allegedly been arrested for defrauding Medicaid out of more than $400,000, according to the Florida Office of the Attorney General (AG). The owner is charged with billing Florida’s Aged and Disabled Adult Waiver Program for services not rendered and billing for services to ineligible recipients. This Medicaid fraud scheme allegedly happened between January 2008 and June 2011.

3/28/2013

ORLANDO, Fla.(AP)— An Orange County woman is facing charges after she allegedly bilked $3 million from the state Medicaid system.

Attorney General Pam Bondi said Wednesday that authorities had arrested Janie Vittini.

Vittini, the owner of Improving Together, Inc., has been accused of billing Medicaid for mental health services that her company never provided.

Teabaggers never talk of increasing money for better enforcement of fraud, they always bring up how everyone but them are living on the "gubmint" dole.

"What is so difficult about cleaning up the waste in everything government does"?

Money, it's all about the $$$$$ and how they can get more and keep what they have.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#35 Mar 31, 2013
wah wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, you forgot, "I promise no more sloppy joe day, no homework ever and no more tests, if I am voted student body president" (and the crowd goes wild).
Sad, so many people fell for the lies...just like they did in jr high.
And your teabagger candidate(s) STILL LOST.

When it comes to policy, the GOP is stuck in 1980: lower taxes, less regulation, and more drilling for oil are always and everywhere the answer, no matter the question.(No, really).

Even Obama's reelection hasn't been enough to wake the Republicans from their Reagan von Winkle slumber. The GOP has chosen re-branding over rethinking. In other words, they think they have a messenger, not a message, problem.

And they're STILL LOST.

Poor teabaggers.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#37 Mar 31, 2013
Wall Street makes a good point, all this waste and fraud has been going for years. Why hasn’t this administration made it a priority to stop the fraud?

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#38 Mar 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Attention no information spammer:
Not 1 job.
hahahahahahahahaha
Yes, pointing out the lies and the low information voters is only found on a few outlets due to the MSM setting up offices in the West Wing.

WH SCRUBS SKI VACATION REPORT...

Obama daughters leave behind Bahaman beaches, hit Sun Valley slopes...

SECOND SKI TRIP THIS YEAR!

Paris

#39 Mar 31, 2013
<quoted text>
And your teabagger candidate(s) STILL LOST.
When it comes to policy, the GOP is stuck in 1980: lower taxes, less regulation, and more drilling for oil are always and everywhere the answer, no matter the question.(No, really).
Even Obama's reelection hasn't been enough to wake the Republicans from their Reagan von Winkle slumber. The GOP has chosen re-branding over rethinking. In other words, they think they have a messenger, not a message, problem.
And they're STILL LOST.
Poor teabaggers.
Being lead by the establishment class of the republican party is what beat us, not our conservative principles. Every time we run a milk toast moderate we get our ass kicked, plain and simple.

Paris

#40 Mar 31, 2013
<quoted text>
hahahahahahahahahaha
WH SCRUBS SKI VACATION REPORT...

Obama daughters leave behind Bahaman beaches, hit Sun Valley slopes...

SECOND SKI TRIP THIS YEAR!
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#41 Mar 31, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor unaccomplished jimfraud. So envious of others.

hahahahahahahahaha
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#42 Mar 31, 2013
RustyS wrote:
Wall Street makes a good point, all this waste and fraud has been going for years. Why hasn’t this administration made it a priority to stop the fraud?
I agree, they should and you are correct.

June 23, 2008

A Miami-based defense contractor has been charged with defrauding the federal government by delivering faulty, decades-old munitions to Afghan security forces.

Efraim Diveroli, the 22-year-old president and owner of AEY Inc., along with three company associates were indicted Friday by a federal grand jury in Miami on 71 counts related to the sale of Chinese ammunition through a Defense Department contract.

AEY has faced public scrutiny since March 2008 when The New York Times reported that the company had shipped defective Chinese ammunition under a $298 million Defense contract. A subsequent investigation by Government Executive showed that AEY had been improperly designated as a small disadvantaged business less than a year before receiving the massive arms contract.

Podrizki, AEY's agent stationed in Tirana, Albania, sent an e-mail in April 2007 to Packouz that included pictures of ammunition in containers with Chinese markings. Packouz responded that they would have to "get rid of" the crates with Chinese letters since the sale of Chinese products was prohibited under their contract.

In the following days, Diveroli sent several e-mails to the State Department asking if Chinese-manufactured ammunition could be used to fulfill their contract. Diveroli said the ammunition had been in the hands of an Albanian company for more than 20 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michigan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Muskegon YMCA revokes memberships of registered... (Nov '07) Thu Ddotl3038 66
News Booming again: West Michigan's economy is on a ... Wed Disco Stu 37
Looking for an old aquaintance Jun 24 D416MO 1
News Candidate for judge tripped up by petition woes Jun 22 used and abused 1
News Renewing Port of Muskegon: Michigan Regional Pr... Jun 22 used and abused 1
News Video vigilante wants public's help fighting la... Jun 22 used and abused 1
News A shipwreck, tornadoes, and a cold summer Jun 22 used and abused 1
More from around the web