Most effects of sequester yet to be felt

Most effects of sequester yet to be felt

There are 103 comments on the USA Today story from Mar 29, 2013, titled Most effects of sequester yet to be felt. In it, USA Today reports that:

A month after the so-called 'sequester' triggered $85 billion in automatic cuts to the federal budget, you'd be hard-pressed to find much evidence that anything has changed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#2 Mar 30, 2013
PRESIDENT'S GRAND PLAN: SPEND MORE! Well when you keep doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result, it's call insanity Mr. Obama.
conservative crapola

Orefield, PA

#3 Mar 30, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
You mean like flubya's tax cuts for the wealthy that didn't produce 1 job?

hahahahahahahaha

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#4 Mar 30, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like flubya's tax cuts for the wealthy that didn't produce 1 job?
hahahahahahahaha
You see what being a low information voter gets you, more stupidity. Bush's tax cuts were across the board to every tax payer. You lie don't even pass the smell test pookie.......but then again neither do you.
conservative crapola

Orefield, PA

#5 Mar 30, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Attention no information spammer:

Not 1 job.

hahahahahahahahaha
Gravediggers

Boynton Beach, FL

#6 Mar 30, 2013
Obama = Failed LEADERSHIP!

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#7 Mar 30, 2013
What are they going to do, let dangerous people out of prison, just to make their point? Threaten to close airports? Save a couple bucks by closing the White House? Don't be stupid.
Ninthman

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#8 Mar 30, 2013
The biggest effect of the sequester is Obama making a big fool of himself. He's on the rag 24/7
conservative crapola

Orefield, PA

#9 Mar 30, 2013
Luckily, you enjoy a nice bloody mary.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#10 Mar 30, 2013
Teabaggers want to cut spending.

Sequester does that and teabaggers still whine.

Tamponsforteabaggers.com
see the light

United States

#11 Mar 30, 2013
You low-information-voting Liberal's-all you idiots were just trying to scare people .Like always. Does your'e raising of taxes help anyone? The only person it benefits is Obama, he can spend more on his monthly vacations. He averages 1.4 billion dollars a year.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#12 Mar 30, 2013
see the light wrote:
You low-information-voting Liberal's-all you idiots were just trying to scare people .Like always. Does your'e raising of taxes help anyone? The only person it benefits is Obama, he can spend more on his monthly vacations. He averages 1.4 billion dollars a year.
"You low-information......."

Coming from a catchphrase of Limbaughtomy, should tell you something.

$ 1.4 BILLION a year?

Mitt will win in a ..........landslide.

If it's a "legitimate" rape..........

Paint chips are good for you.

Poor teabagger.
Fire the GOP

San Jose, CA

#13 Mar 30, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
PRESIDENT'S GRAND PLAN: SPEND MORE! Well when you keep doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result, it's call insanity Mr. Obama.
I wouldn't say a drop in the unemployment rate and an increase in jobs is insanity. I would say mission accomplished.

The Left Coast

#14 Mar 30, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
"You low-information......."
Coming from a catchphrase of Limbaughtomy, should tell you something.
$ 1.4 BILLION a year?
Mitt will win in a ..........landslide.
If it's a "legitimate" rape..........
Paint chips are good for you.
Poor teabagger.
I don't know why they use those promises, when they have:

I will cut the deficit in half
I will govern from the middle
I will have open transparent government
My plan will cut health care costs for all middle class workers

The best quote:“I can make a firm pledge, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.”
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#15 Mar 30, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>You see what being a low information voter gets you, more stupidity. Bush's tax cuts were across the board to every tax payer. You lie don't even pass the smell test pookie.......but then again neither do you.
You lie:

According to a Pew Research Center survey of self-described middle-class adults in July, 2012 and data from the U.S. Census Bureau and the Federal Reserve, median wealth for the middle class - assets minus debts - took a particularly heavy hit in the PAST DECADE (starting in 2002), FALLING BY 28% from $130,000 to $93,000, while median income for a family of four fell 5 percent, to $68,000.

Bush tax cuts for middle class cost middle class
28% on their income.

Stop making up stupid excuses for Bush.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#16 Mar 30, 2013
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
The best quote:“I can make a firm pledge, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.”
Empty promises that have been made in the campaign, which are easily forgotten or disregarded, once in office or reelected.

If you believed that, I've got a bridge for sale, just pick one.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#17 Mar 30, 2013
Interesting facts:

$19,855 - The average tax cut for a family in the WEALTHIEST 5 PERCENT of Americans, under the tax cut extension signed into law in December 2010.

$107 - The average tax cut for a family in the poorest 20 percent.

$1,427,808,591,337 - The PROJECTED LOSS of revenue to the U.S. Treasury over 10 years, 2012 through 2021, from tax cuts for the wealthiest 1 percent.

$2,150,790,974,013 - The PROJECTED LOSS of revenue to the U.S. Treasury over 10 years, 2012 through 2021, from tax cuts for the wealthiest 5 percent.

The Left Coast

#18 Mar 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Empty promises that have been made in the campaign, which are easily forgotten or disregarded, once in office or reelected.
If you believed that, I've got a bridge for sale, just pick one.
You've got a good point, Obama just plain lied, but it's OK, it was just to elected. Do you have any ‘shovel ready’ bridges for sale?
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#19 Mar 30, 2013
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got a good point, Obama just plain lied, but it's OK, it was just to elected. Do you have any ‘shovel ready’ bridges for sale?
Rail or highway?

The Left Coast

#20 Mar 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Rail or highway?
With sequestration and all, I better stick with the bicycle.
serfs up

Merritt Island, FL

#21 Mar 30, 2013
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
I know politicians make promises and don't keep all of them. This one is a doozy as the opposite is the rule of the day. I firmly believe that in the long run, his own voters are going to be the ones who suffer the most from this irresponsible game of political pandering. It is a shame that the Repubs keep offering up half way candidates that buckle to progressive demands.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michigan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Toxic water near old Michigan Air Force base pr... Mon toxic wasteland 3
News Missing persons event leads to rescue of sex-tr... Sun Three Days 1
News NAACP sues Michigan, governor over Flint's lead... May 19 Kano 3
News Michigan's season opener against Hawaii to kick... May 17 Go Blue Forever 1
News See Michigan Coast Guard crew, Royal Canadian A... May 16 not all McHappy 1
Election Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) May 14 Vote the GOP out 317
Election Who are you voting for in the Michigan Governor... (Oct '14) May 14 Vote the GOP out 21
More from around the web