New push is on for right-to-work bill

Nov 24, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Detroit News

Lansing -- Pressure is mounting for the Legislature to pass a right-to-work bill with one group circulating a video it claims proves Gov.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
celticwarriors

Bradenton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

OK, play the death knell of republicons, we are a blue state and will fight to keep collective bargaining. Do yourselves a favor, rightwingnutball governor and legislators, resign now before we come for you. Because we will.
Praxis33

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Here in Massachusetts we love little boys and queers. Brother and sister love is ok too.
Vote Democrat
dognes

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

youtube.com/watch...
Right to Work,,,,,form over 100yrs at least persons have the right to work?
----------
SAGINAW, MI

"Right to Work" is a controversial move many states are looking at and some have adopted.

Some say it might be coming to Michigan.

In March, Indiana became the 23rd state to pass legislation to allow employees to decide if they want to join or opt out of the union at their place of employment.

In Wabash County, IN, so-called smokestack industry has left and the county has lost 5.6 percent of its population. Wabash County Economic Development Group President William Konyha believes "Right to Work" could be beneficial.
----------
Some States Union are being broken intentionally?
Unbelivable

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

dognes wrote:
youtube.com/watch?v=gbFa91vDc2 4&feature=plcp
Right to Work,,,,,form over 100yrs at least persons have the right to work?
----------
SAGINAW, MI
"Right to Work" is a controversial move many states are looking at and some have adopted.
Some say it might be coming to Michigan.
In March, Indiana became the 23rd state to pass legislation to allow employees to decide if they want to join or opt out of the union at their place of employment.
In Wabash County, IN, so-called smokestack industry has left and the county has lost 5.6 percent of its population. Wabash County Economic Development Group President William Konyha believes "Right to Work" could be beneficial.
----------
Some States Union are being broken intentionally?
RIGHT TO WORK STATES are no good for any state.Tennessee has the law and we have very little industery left.You work for a wage that is 7.25 no more than 9.00 per hour hard to feed a family on that.The Koch Brothers are cheep employers and they were involved in Mi.Law Passing.They brought their chicken house here Koch Foods,they Polluted our lakes and Some business had to move because of the smell,and you have no rights at all hence the name (right to work)without unions you work for what the cheap wage they offer or YOU HAVE THE RIGHT NOT TOO!!!!!
Unbelivable

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

celticwarriors wrote:
OK, play the death knell of republicons, we are a blue state and will fight to keep collective bargaining. Do yourselves a favor, rightwingnutball governor and legislators, resign now before we come for you. Because we will.
When you weaken your unions you weaken your rights!I hope he does not sign that bill next week,The Koch Brothers are paying for this Law to be passed,They have ruined everywhere they have shown up.So I hope they are just passing through your State.
Unbelivable

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

new member wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical tactic of the ignorant. Give us our way or we'll crap on everything. Childish and immature. You don't suppose people have witnessed enough of that mentality? You don't guess maybe this is why most people are repulsed by unions?
I for one am totally disgusted by the thuggish behavior and feel no sorrow for rtw. P.S. I've never seen a 'union' shop, when did the union start opening facilities and employing people? NEVER. The company owns the job, not the union.
Well you better crap on them because they are going to crap on employees once he signs that law next week.
Brian

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Michigan unions ran all of their jobs away
It will be a third world country soon
Good for that trash
We never needed ya to begin with
Unbelivable

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

new member wrote:
<quoted text> Right.... What the law will do is hold unions accountable to their members. If they are value added, members will continue to support them. The ones bitching the loudest are usually the ones that enjoy protection from rightful termination because they lack a work ethic. The 'members' that will withhold funding are typically those who've watched the above for years get away with cheating everyone and have had to pick up the slack because of it,(incidentally are lower on the seniority scale and are the first to be laid off). Unions will either focus on ALL members needs or die out, pretty simple really. It's fascinating that the bureaucracy ( read the 1% at the top of your food chain), can whip the rank and file into supporting forced contribution rather than free association and you think it's a good thing. You seem to think that you're being cheated out of something, the reality is that your 1% er's will have to justify their exorbitance to you, who are footing the bill.
No I,m saying the Right To Work Law is a way for companies to drive DOWN the hourly wage,with no rights what so ever.Unions are the reason that the employer acknowledges the employee rights and yes a fair wage for a fair day.I am just saying RIGHT TO WORK STATES are the poorest states and very low wages.
Brian

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Wages go own because the jobs can easily be done by unskilled workrs. The individuals, rather than getting aneducation to increase their sklls prefer to moan and groan blaming everyone but themself.
These are the bums that caused our industrial might to go offshore ruining what was once the greatest ountry in the world

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••