Group gives $250,000 to Maine same-sex marriage opponents

Sep 20, 2012 | Posted by: Rick in Kansas | Full story: bangordailynews.com

The National Organization for Marriage is pumping money into the campaign that opposes Maine's November ballot question seeking to legalize same-sex marriage.

Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated Nov 25, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
christina

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Leave it to Jabba, errr Maggie Gallagher and company. Xenophobic bint
Donate2NOM

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

NOM is the only organization that is effective in keeping adult queer pedophiles away from kids.

Please consider becoming a partner with NOM today if you don't like the idea of all these filthy queers hanging around our kids all the time, for obvious reasons.
Qwerty26

Lewes, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

One would only hope that the so-called "organization for marriage" would actually do something to strengthen marriage. Instead their only reason for being is to prevent equal civil rights being afforded to GLBT persons.

Where were they when New York state passed a no-fault divorce law just a couple of years ago (last state in the nation do do so)? We all realize that no-fault divorce is a big threat to marriage, much bigger than expanding marriage to include a despised minority, but they were nowhere to be found, not a peep or a whimper.

They are partners with groups that vilify GLBT persons by falsely conflating homosexuality (a sexual orientation) with pedophilia (a universally-condemned crime). Their results are shown in the words of the former poster, "donate2NOM," who has bought into their brand of hatred.

One would only hope that the so-called "organization for marriage" would actually do something to strengthen marriage. One would be wrong to do so.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Qwerty26 wrote:
One would only hope that the so-called "organization for marriage" would actually do something to strengthen marriage. Instead their only reason for being is to prevent equal civil rights being afforded to GLBT persons.
Where were they when New York state passed a no-fault divorce law just a couple of years ago (last state in the nation do do so)? We all realize that no-fault divorce is a big threat to marriage, much bigger than expanding marriage to include a despised minority, but they were nowhere to be found, not a peep or a whimper.
They are mendacious, rapist Nazis whose *sole goal* is to keep GAYS from marriage; they don't care about ANYTHING else -- and thus, as you excellently point out, they *don't* care about marriage. They care about *being prejudiced against gay people*.
Qwerty26 wrote:
They are partners with groups that vilify GLBT persons by falsely conflating homosexuality (a sexual orientation) with pedophilia (a universally-condemned crime). Their results are shown in the words of the former poster, "donate2NOM," who has bought into their brand of hatred.
The poster "donate2nom" is going straight to hell. If that poster is *NOT* going to hell, repeat *NOT* going there, then hell does not exist.
Qwerty26 wrote:
One would only hope that the so-called "organization for marriage" would actually do something to strengthen marriage. One would be wrong to do so.
*shrug* They're filth. They *D-O N-O-T* care about marriage; they only care about hating gay people. Otherwise, as you point out, they would do other things to *stop* damage to marriage.

And yet they are s-i-l-e-n-t upon those matters.

Moreover, the younger generations have *really* caught on to this and quite literally think they're the scum of the earth, as well.
david traversa

Unquillo, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

Donate2NOM wrote:
NOM is the only organization that is effective in keeping adult queer pedophiles away from kids.
Please consider becoming a partner with NOM today if you don't like the idea of all these filthy queers hanging around our kids all the time, for obvious reasons.
The ass has brayed.. again..

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

Donate2NOM wrote:
How are they "effective" ?
NoQ

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

david traversa wrote:
<quoted text>The ass has brayed.. again..
Says the TransQueer who wants to hump the A$$. LMFAO
Defamation

Huntington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

Nice to see the gays have inflamed the entire Middle East.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Luckily the pro-equality forces in Maine have $5 MILLION in money for ads. Hopefully they use it well.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Defamation wrote:
It has become amazing that "everything" is the fault of "the gays." Way to give them tons of attention you're otherwise *COMPLAINING THEY GET*, as you whine that they get "too much" attention and join right in along with all the other antigay in giving it to them on a silver platter.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
Luckily the pro-equality forces in Maine have $5 MILLION in money for ads. Hopefully they use it well.
They should do an ad where they show a gay couple with the caption "PRO-GAY ACTIVISTS" and then pan over and there's a pig at a trough, and the caption says "ANTIGAY ACTIVIST." That would rock.
Truth

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

"Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" is ideally for ALL Americans not just those that SOME churches approve of, to have true religious freedom you let each denomination choose (and change with time) whether they want to perform gay marriages or not and in the mean time give gay couples the same civil rights as straight couples.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Defamation wrote:
And how do you see that as happening?
Nomer

Oxford, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Pro-equality is doublespeak. AC and DC are not equal.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Nomer wrote:
Pro-equality is doublespeak. AC and DC are not equal.
It's the "C" that's Equal, whether "A" or "D".

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the "C" that's Equal, whether "A" or "D".
OOo. I like that. Perfect answer. LOL.
AMERICAN

Sanford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

God hates homosexuality.
It's one man....one woman.
I'm sure I'm on the right side.
Hell is forever.
Wailing and gnashing of teeth isn't what
I'm going to be doing for all eternity like
pro-abortion,(baby murder), and homosexuals.
It's forever, kiddos, and it NEVER ends.
A spirit body, which you will have will burn
forever...no end.
In hell, they call our sun a snowball.
Torture for all infinity.
Better get your life in order.
IT NEVER ENDS !

“Headed toward the cliff”

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

AMERICAN wrote:
God hates homosexuality.
Hell is forever.
forever...no end.
IT NEVER ENDS !
Blah, blah, blah.

Halloween is over.......

BOO!!!!

“ reality, what a concept”

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

AMERICAN wrote:
God hates homosexuality.
If that's really what you want to choose to believe, knock yourself out, it is, after all, to believe pretty much whatever your little heart desires. Whether God actually agrees with your presumptive assumption, good luck with that. There are Bible believing Christians who disagree with your opinion of God's opinion, you're only guessing as to whether God agrees or not.
AMERICAN wrote:
Sweetie, if you don't want to enter into a same sex marriage, just say no if you are asked. Your problems with our homosexuality are not our problems, even if you say God is cool with them.
AMERICAN wrote:
So were the fools who have been on the losing side of every civil rights battle in this country's history. You'll be remembered alongside the ravening fools screaming at little Black children just trying to go to school and other blithering fools standing in the way of righteousness.
AMERICAN wrote:
Hell is forever.
But dear, our only alternative, according to you, would be the even more hellish than hell could ever wish for eternity spent with you. Jesus himself couldn't save that party. Give me a lake of fire any day over that.
AMERICAN wrote:
forever...no end.
IT NEVER ENDS !
But dear, we get our lives in order and we get you for eternity in alleged heaven. Talk about endless ungodly torment, an eternity with sanctimonious, self-righteous,(insert obscenity here) who spent there time on Earth making people's lives hell on Earth. Thanks but no thanks.
Donate2NOM

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
How are they "effective" ?
We win on ballots despite being way overspent by the Left.
Nothing succeeds like success.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Maine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage fight returns (Apr '09) 2 hr carlina 76
YESTERDAY a 7 hr Deanna-Jo Swett 2
moving to maine, good or bad idea? (Feb '09) Aug 19 Flatlander 104
Maine birds are obnoxious Aug 16 Tammy 2
Some photos of Maine Aug 15 David Smith 1
Reality show 'Down East Dickering' has bargains... Aug 3 Cheeseheads 4
Walgreens sucks Jul '14 Katy1015 2

Search the Maine Forum:
•••