Truth Test: Anti-gay-marriage ad false in almost every way

Oct 31, 2012 Full story: www.kjonline.com

Opponents of same-sex marriage are back with an ad pushing claims similar to some from their successful 2009 Maine campaign, saying children will learn about it in schools if Question 1 passes.

Full Story

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#1 Oct 31, 2012
Probably the same ad from back then.....they have nothing new and their hoping that the old message will do......hopefully it won't because Supporters of the bill have been canvasing the folks for the last three years, but we will see soon enough.

Hopefully we pick up at least one State at the ballot box, but I hope it will be at least 2!!!

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#4 Nov 1, 2012
What, is it a surprise that the anti-equality side would blow things out of proportion an lie?

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#5 Nov 1, 2012
Here's a clue--if you have to lie about what you're selling, you're selling a lie.

But, of course, that's WAY over the heads of those that believe they get to vote on who other people are allowed to marry....

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#6 Nov 1, 2012
The good news is polling shows marriage equality still leading in Washington & Maine despite a month of negative anti-gay ads.

A poll out today in Washinton shows support for Ref 74 at 58-38. Significantly among those who have already voted (all mail in votes there), Ref 74 is passing 60-40!

Of course the final numbers will likely be much closer, but I remain hopeful that both Washington & Maine will finally break our losing streak.

On the other hand, Maryland & Minnesota will likely be losses.

I guess we'll know in 5 days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maine Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm a mixed-race, middle-aged woman. Is Maine m... Dec 15 harryjr 1
Police: Mainer raped woman after impersonating cop (Oct '08) Dec 14 Sneaky Pete 28
Bear-baiting ban helps drive Maine voters to polls Nov 24 Ace McMillan 1
Gay Marriage vs. Obama in Maine, and why Cutler... Oct '14 spectrumuser 1
Gay marriage fight returns (Apr '09) Aug '14 carlina 76
Remember Maine! The Whitest State, Where Americ... (Aug '13) Dec '13 tomin cali 58
Maine candidate for governor announces he's gay (Nov '13) Nov '13 WeTheSheeple 52
More from around the web