Supreme Court won't hear appeal from ...

Supreme Court won't hear appeal from anti-gay marriage group over Maine reporting requirement

There are 39 comments on the The Washington Post story from Oct 1, 2012, titled Supreme Court won't hear appeal from anti-gay marriage group over Maine reporting requirement. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

The Supreme Court on Monday declined to hear an appeal from a national anti-gay marriage group that tried to thwart Maine's campaign disclosure law requiring it to release its donor list.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#1 Oct 1, 2012
WHAT THE FREAK..is WRONG with people nowadays...THINKING that they have to be in EVERYONE'S business? Like, their s!hit don't stink the same as everyone else's??? It's ABOUT time..the Supreme Court acts like a grown-up..and not to be bullied by a group..JUST BECAUSE!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#2 Oct 1, 2012
What? NOM has to comply with the law? Inconceivable!
NoBlamer 2012

Mcarthur, CA

#3 Oct 1, 2012
you moron

the lower court heard the case

in calif

a GAY JUDGE in the 9th district court ruled calif prop 8 ban on gay marriage unconstitutional

you think the scotus should only hear cases you diosagree with ?

let the gay bashing begin

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#4 Oct 1, 2012
Let's face it, there is no good, rational argument against gay marriage.
NoBlamer 2012

Mcarthur, CA

#5 Oct 1, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
Let's face it, there is no good, rational argument against gay marriage.
Let's face it, there is no good, rational argument against beastiality.

go have an abortion baby killer

supporting demented activities destroys our civilization

lock the gays in the closet

Panorama City, CA

#7 Oct 1, 2012
NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>Let's face it, there is no good, rational argument against beastiality.
You are proving my point. Instead of presenting an argument against gay marriage, you bring up this red herring.
NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
If I knew the kid would turn out like you, I would!
Other than that, I'm against abortion.(But pro choice)
NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
Again, you prove my point. You bring up a "B Movie" argument.
http://youtu.be/rixkck8QnjY

Your homophobia is caused by your inability to deal with your same sex attractions.

Panorama City, CA

#8 Oct 1, 2012
Norris wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's face it, you're a loser with no life! Do you ever do anything else but repeat yourself over and over again all day on the Topix gay forum?
Let's face it, Fido, you're a LOLSER with no life! Do you ever do anything else but follow me around like a love sick puppy and repeat yourself using anon proxy servers over and over again all day on the Topix gay forum?
Doris

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Oct 1, 2012
I don't think the Supreme Court should allow homosexuals to have sex with children anymore.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#10 Oct 1, 2012
Bestiality is animal abuse. Granted, in your case, most animals wouldn't notice if you molested them, but it' still the principle of the thing.

I never support demented activities; I'm an atheist.

My closet has no door. Tremble in fear, you tiny mortal.
NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>Let's face it, there is no good, rational argument against beastiality.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#11 Oct 2, 2012
Shows the right-wing, reTHUGlican connections (AND corruption) of groups like this. Of course they don't want people to know who's behind their bigotry and attempts to deny equal rights, they'd be publicly humiliated at best, boycotted at worst.

You can't trust reTHUGGies and Righties, they'll always try to crawl under that rock. That's why we need to constantly shine a light on 'em!
harvey

Columbus, OH

#12 Oct 2, 2012
Doris wrote:
I don't think the Supreme Court should allow homosexuals to have sex with children anymore.
Cite the case that allowed them to do so, liar.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#13 Oct 2, 2012
NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
Every call for tolerance brings a corresponding hysterical meltdown from the bigoted Right.

Get help, freak.
House

Fort Worth, TX

#14 Oct 2, 2012
You have a right to your opinions
You have a right to your own religion
You have a right to own a firearm
however you can not violate someones liberties with a firearm nor can you violate someones right with your religion.

You do not own the word marriage.
You say its about religion
but you hand out marriages to people of all faiths
even atheist. You give it to people that only marry for 72 hours. Jesus talked more on divorce.
The gay marriages that have happened here in the US have not and will not have any affect on your marriage.
3OHY

San Jose, CA

#15 Oct 2, 2012
Unbridled homosexual behavior has always been destructive to any culture allowing it to thrive. Homosexual behavior and propaganda should be illegal, period. The current use of such a small (1%) minority of perverts to completely uproot Western Civilization is just a part of the cynical Leftist use of every damaging and selfish element to undermine America's ideals and successes. It's never been about religion; it's been about moral depravity.
Jim Beam

Tempe, AZ

#16 Oct 2, 2012
NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
you moron
the lower court heard the case
in calif
a GAY JUDGE in the 9th district court ruled calif prop 8 ban on gay marriage unconstitutional
you think the scotus should only hear cases you diosagree with ?
let the gay bashing begin
Yes he did rule Prop 8 Unconstitutional mainly because it was Unconstitutional! IAnd I see that you forgot to mention that a higher 3 judge panel court then UPHELD the decision! Prop 8 was and is Unconstitutional,simple really kinda like your mind!
Jim Beam

Tempe, AZ

#17 Oct 2, 2012
Doris wrote:
Oh,so you want them all to yourself then huh? LOL,Idiot!
Jane Dough

Barre, VT

#18 Oct 2, 2012
House wrote:
You have a right to your opinions

You do not own the word marriage.
You say its about religion
guess what? our secular govt does own the word...
and it can set the qualifications for the LICENSE it issues...
and yes, requiring a man and woman is rational and secular...
3OHY

San Jose, CA

#19 Oct 2, 2012
Homosexuals and their Leftist handlers are completely non-plussed by Proposition 8 in California because they cannot fathom how, after decades of Leftist destruction of the fabric and uniformity of a populace's sanity and cohesiveness, the PEOPLE of California would reject the homosexual assaults on the culture in agreement with the PEOPLE of 30 other States. Homosexuals and their Leftist handlers want people to believe their core genetic revulsion of homosexuals is the problem and not the depravity of such a small minority of perverts.
Jim Beam

Tempe, AZ

#20 Oct 2, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
guess what? our secular govt does own the word...
and it can set the qualifications for the LICENSE it issues...
and yes, requiring a man and woman is rational and secular...
No,Sorry,it's bigoted and Unconstitutional and fly's in the face of the 14th Amendment to our Constitution! That pesky equal treatment under the law clause and the last time I checked,gays are full U.S. citizens with the very same set of Constitutional rights as you have! As it stands now gays are being denied their Constitutional rights! Care to try again? Perhaps after DOMA is also over turned and ruled Unconstitutional as some Federal courts have already ruled? LOL
Jane Dough

Barre, VT

#21 Oct 2, 2012
Jim Beam wrote:
<quoted text>
No,Sorry,it's bigoted and Unconstitutional and fly's in the face of the 14th Amendment to our Constitution! That pesky equal treatment under the law clause and the last time I checked,gays are full U.S. citizens with the very same set of Constitutional rights as you have! As it stands now gays are being denied their Constitutional rights! Care to try again? Perhaps after DOMA is also over turned and ruled Unconstitutional as some Federal courts have already ruled? LOL
yup, lots of huff, not a lot of facts as usual for your side...

read the two DOMA decisions and get back to me...

you would be surprised to find the rights in those cases belong to the states, both case specifically found gay marriage is not a right...

knowledge is power ...

don't forget, our rights are based in freedom FROM GOVT...you are free to love anyone you want, but you do not have a right to GOVT RECOGNITION...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maine Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UNH study: Poor Maine children need early educa... May '17 longtail 1
News Maine's Health at Risk from Dirty Air Days Apr '17 longtail 1
News President Trump's Budget Targets 207,722 Mainer... Apr '17 longtail 1
News Gov. Paul LePage reversed course Friday and sig... Jan '17 Longtail 1
News Anti-marijuana forces urge Maine lawmakers to d... Dec '16 longtail 1
News Gov. LePage Calls for Jailing Maine Minimum Wag... (Oct '16) Oct '16 longtail 1
News Referendum campaign on recreational pot intensi... (Oct '16) Oct '16 longtail 1
More from around the web