NBC29 Exclusive: One-on-One with Yeardley Love's Mother

The murder of former University of Virginia lacrosse player Yeardley Love rocked the Charlottesville community almost three years ago. Full Story
proud

United States

#1 Feb 21, 2013
god be with the family. We are all praying for you guys. She is safe in the hands of the lord but would rather be in your arms. Sleep well jesus is watching over your family
Puppy Love

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Feb 21, 2013
But, but, his family had money and I thought I was set for life....................
Steven

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Feb 21, 2013
Old news ...
UVA Husband Hunter

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Feb 21, 2013
Steven wrote:
Old news ...
Old and certainly not news.
jogger

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Feb 22, 2013
Can we please move on YL is at peace and GH has a new boyfriend....all is right in the world......
UVA Mom

Ruckersville, VA

#9 Feb 22, 2013
This lady is a class act!
Knows What Its Like

Culpeper, VA

#11 Feb 22, 2013
The sudden and unexpected loss of a child is the most painful thing a human being can ever experience in this world. The pain is unbelievable and almost unbearable. For it to have happened as the result of a murder would make it even harder. A parent who has lost a child is living a reality so horrible most of us can't comprehend it. Mrs. Love, you are a class act. In the depths of your pain, you are trying to do something for others. Please pay no attention to the senseless and stupid posts on this forum. These people have no idea what you are going through, nor are they willing to summon up enough human feeling to even care. Hugs to you and your family. Your daughter would be so proud of you.
Rusty

Edinburg, VA

#12 Feb 22, 2013
"Sharon Love talks about the moment she found out her daughter was murdered, enduring the trial and what future good will come out of Yeardley's tragic death."

Money, money, money!
JustMom

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Feb 23, 2013
Mrs. Love is doing a wonderful thing by bringing awareness to this topic. I applaud her and the foundation. However, I need to ask a question that I believe no one else has during this whole process. The statement that she was not aware that her daughter was in danger or in a violent relationship does not seem correct. In the many publications surrounding this story, she has shared that her daughter came home in February, 2010 after GH had tried to strangle her at a off-campus party. Yeardley stayed with her for a day or two and then returned to UVA for practice. I need to understand how as a mother this did not make you aware that your daughter was in a abusive relationship? My daughter experienced abuse in a relationship and when I found out I immediately removed my child from the situation and had my daughter file a retraining order against the person. On the Katie Couric show she and Lexi both stated that they encouraged Yeardley to do something about it, but why did they not come back to Charlottesville and report this? I think they to missed some opportunities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maryland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Climate change bill faces uphill battle 17 hr Your Ex 21
Host of workers, volunteers helping in the cold Feb 20 Jazmine 1
Maryland joins multistate task force to combat ... Feb 13 Andrew 1
Heroin Abuse in Cecil County, Maryland (Mar '09) Feb 13 rsl2244 78
mallory valley vaughan aka mallory alexis vaughan Feb 9 man of the year 1
UM study warns of health impacts from fracking (Aug '14) Feb 7 Twoscoops 4
Case of bishop opens addiction debate Feb 3 George 3
More from around the web