Maryland lawmaker says divorce, gay marriage vote drove him to drink

Jan 14, 2013 Full story: Wisconsin Gazette 13

A Maryland lawmaker charged with operating a boat under the influence of alcohol says he began drinking more after separating from his wife and feeling "betrayed" by longtime colleagues who voted for gay marriage.

Full Story

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#1 Jan 14, 2013
I suppose marriage equality caused his divorce. He has bigger issues than his drinking!

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#2 Jan 14, 2013
Apparently marriage equality also caused his teeth to become misaligned and his vision to deteriorate to the point that he now needs to wear ugly glasses.

Good grief! Talk about lack of personal responsibility!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#4 Jan 14, 2013
NE Jade wrote:
I suppose marriage equality caused his divorce. He has bigger issues than his drinking!
If history is any indication, it was most likely all the gay sex he was having on said boat which caused his divorce!

The truth will come out eventually!!
Reginald

United States

#5 Jan 14, 2013
NE Jade wrote:
It sickens me everytime I think about too queers butt sexing each other, just sickens me!!!

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#6 Jan 14, 2013
Reginald wrote:
<quoted text>It sickens me everytime I think about too queers butt sexing each other, just sickens me!!!
Just make sure you aren't drinking and steering a boat with one hand!
david traversa

Buenos Aires, Argentina

#7 Jan 14, 2013
Well, a good stiff drink will settle your stomach like it did Mr. Dwyer's.. Try it..
shelby

Mississauga, Canada

#8 Jan 14, 2013
Reginald wrote:
<quoted text>It sickens me everytime I think about too queers butt sexing each other, just sickens me!!!
It is really clear it does not sicken you so much..other- wise you would not be reading what is on here and responding to it.........."THOU DOES PROTEST TO MUCH"

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#9 Jan 15, 2013
PuhLEEEEZE Louise!

&fe ature=youtu.be

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#10 Jan 15, 2013
This guy is giving dorks a bad name.
Todd

Laramie, WY

#11 Jan 15, 2013
Oh the power we wield. We can drive people who we have nothing to do with to drink. I suppose since we have the ability to create hurricanes and flooding and massive natural disaster it only makes sense that we also have the ability to turn a straight guy into an alcoholic.

Go ahead d-bag...blame us for your marriage and life problems. Makes you sound like a complete closet case...but then again I'm sure that's the real issue anyway.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#12 Jan 15, 2013
Reginald wrote:
Then stop thinking about you, dolt. It's tough to type with one for you, isn't it?

BTW, there is no such word as "everytime", you under educated idiot. Why are you haters so DUMB?

Palm Springs, California

#13 Jan 15, 2013
one HAND for you.

Palm Springs, California

#14 Jan 15, 2013
Otter in the Ozarks wrote:
Apparently marriage equality also caused his teeth to become misaligned and his vision to deteriorate to the point that he now needs to wear ugly glasses.
Good grief! Talk about lack of personal responsibility!
Maybe his teeth got knocked into those terrible positions in the boat accident.

I've seen some lame ass excuses in my time, but this one takes the cake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maryland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who are you voting for in the Maryland Governor... Fri Topix Polls 0
Phony social worker convicted (May '06) Oct 10 zipzip 156
Rape survivor: Facebook panders to gays over re... Oct 10 Reverend Alan 54
Firearm Safety Act - One Year Impact On The Sta... Oct 8 Tory II 1
Enthusiasm low for Maryland's general election Oct 3 NPOSIALPU 1
SOS - PLEASE HELP!! Crowd Funding - 4 - GREECE... Oct 2 XAC 1
Please Help Sep 26 Frances 1

Maryland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE