Heroin Abuse in Cecil County, Maryland

Heroin Abuse in Cecil County, Maryland

There are 78 comments on the Associated Content story from Feb 26, 2009, titled Heroin Abuse in Cecil County, Maryland. In it, Associated Content reports that:

Heroin is a highly addictive substance that is derived from morphine. Heroin abuse is running rampant in the United States.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Associated Content.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
None

Elkton, MD

#63 Oct 24, 2012
Maybe you should have a talk with these liberal judges in Cecil County that allow everyone to get off so easy. So the federal government did put a big stop on the pain pills be issued by doctors. But all that did was raise the price of the pain pills and bring heroin back into our county for a cheaper price. This State is to liberal to make a attempt at a war on drugs. And for you moms out there with children addicted to drugs. How about not allowing them to hang out with these terds. Remember you are mom and dad and until they are 18 you are in charge. If something happens to them it is on you. You are not there best friend you are there parent. Grow a set
americangarden

Allentown, PA

#64 Oct 28, 2012
two words solve the drug problem: "cold turkey" but drug companies are running and ruining our local government
sly fox

Elkton, MD

#65 Dec 26, 2013
Wake up its time to die wrote:
The Whig (a joke in itself) runs an article about parents who want us to feel guilty that there kid is a drug addict, and is not the same person. No duh. But I'll say it once again, I don't force the dope on you, I don't stick the needle in you,etc. and I sure as hell know better than do them.(pot excluded) So quit whining I don't care if your kids/parent/spouse is on dope should not have done it it the first place. Why should my tax dollars clean these dopes up. Go to jial, grow up, and don't do drugs. Simple I know.
Yes there are drugs in jail but really it is the best rehab(work in a jail never an inmate). Society has become so rampant with lets save drug addicts, I for don't care about them, honestly I don't. Die, or get clean simple as that. Yes I have friends/family who are addicts, steal, cheat, etc.
I agree about the Cecil Whig and how they print stories where some pathetic family, the Hamm family, get up on their soap box and preach about the drugs that took over their family, boo hoo! They robbed so many people and everyone I talked too say there was never an apology for the crimes. To the pathetic politician's who run this county watching drugs take over and you can't even feel safe in downtown Elkton at the post office. I go to the Big Elk Mall and watch drug deals go down all the time, one time with children in the car, when is this going to stop! There was a time when I loved this area and now look forward to someday in the future to moving away. Our taxes have gone up and ask yourself what are you getting for them, nothing, but we have drug clinics to help all I see is more dealers waiting near by waiting for the zombies to come out, like shooting fish in a barrel. You can't clean up Elkton with some fancy brick work and a little paint you need to come down hard on the drugs and the dealers and hookers to make Elkton a world class town it can happen but there's a price to pay stop taking money from the state and federal government, say no, we aren't going to harbor theses zombies and dealers!
Jerry

United States

#66 Dec 27, 2013
sly fox wrote:
<quoted text>I agree about the Cecil Whig and how they print stories where some pathetic family, the Hamm family, get up on their soap box and preach about the drugs that took over their family, boo hoo! They robbed so many people and everyone I talked too say there was never an apology for the crimes. To the pathetic politician's who run this county watching drugs take over and you can't even feel safe in downtown Elkton at the post office. I go to the Big Elk Mall and watch drug deals go down all the time, one time with children in the car, when is this going to stop! There was a time when I loved this area and now look forward to someday in the future to moving away. Our taxes have gone up and ask yourself what are you getting for them, nothing, but we have drug clinics to help all I see is more dealers waiting near by waiting for the zombies to come out, like shooting fish in a barrel. You can't clean up Elkton with some fancy brick work and a little paint you need to come down hard on the drugs and the dealers and hookers to make Elkton a world class town it can happen but there's a price to pay stop taking money from the state and federal government, say no, we aren't going to harbor theses zombies and dealers!
I agree. And with Minihane's Irish Pub opening the old Howard House, how long will it be before the drug addicts, the homeless in that area, and the felons chase away patrons from that restaurant. Maybe that is why they are opening up in stages, to get a better feel for the area. I hope they succeed, but I have my doubts. I guess they will have to payoff the Elkton police for protection.
Guess Who

Rising Sun, MD

#67 Dec 27, 2013
Screw prison, line them up and shoot'em down. Time to clean this County up...
ImBackButIWasThe re

Rising Sun, MD

#68 Feb 1, 2014
In my opinion, MOST drug users are drug users because of some type of mental instability/mental illness they own. This is the ROOT to the BIGGEST part of the CC drug problem. These people (who are still people & fixable by the way) are SELF MEDICATING!!! I USED TO BE ONE...I WAS NOT DIAGNOSED PROPERTY WITH BIPOLAR & DEPRESSION UNTIL I WAS 25...TOO LATE I HAD BEEN USING SINCE AGE 13!!! YES, the help is out there but YOU CANNOT SEE IT OR CARE ABOUT IT OR EVEN KNOW *YOU WANT IT* BY YOU ARE TOO EVOLVED IN YOUR EVERYDAY SELF NUMBING DRUGS. These people need a MANDATORY mental health check and EASIER access to it!!! PEOPLE DO RECOVER AND CAN BE WORTHY AGAIN!! NOT EVERYONE WILL BUT I PROMISE SOO MANY WANT TOO...
WE NEED VISUAL STIMULATION AND HOPE. WE NEED TO NOT KILL THESE LOST PEOPLE OFF BUT SMOTHER THEM WITH OPTIONS TO CHANGE!! WE NEED VOLUNTEERS IN THE STREETS WHO CAN GIVE THE MESSAGE OF HOPE AND HELP..WE NEED SIMPLE DIRECTIONS FOR THESE WEARY PEOPLE...
IT'S TIME WE TRIED A LITTLE HARDER CC!!! THESE PEOPLE (KNOW IT OR NOT) ARE YOUR FRIENDS, SISTERS, PARENTS, KIDS, NEIGHBORS, YOU NAME IT....DONT GIVE UP CC..
pink pony

Elkton, MD

#69 Feb 3, 2014
the Hamm family are scum lying rats snitchin on people

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#70 Feb 4, 2014
Does anyone know why Chris Sutton has a picture of Kenny Curry on his Sheriff's Facebook page? Kenny Curry was a drug dealer, what's the deal?
orion

Elkton, MD

#71 Mar 22, 2014
it would seem Mr Sutton has many dirty people including the Hamm family as friends!
JUSTICEforKENNY

Baltimore, MD

#72 Mar 23, 2014
wendellwilkie wrote:
Does anyone know why Chris Sutton has a picture of Kenny Curry on his Sheriff's Facebook page? Kenny Curry was a drug dealer, what's the deal?
I'm sorry but I can't seem to find ANYWHERE where Kenny Curry was tried, convicted or even arrested for being a drug dealer. Or arrested for ANYTHING for that matter. Just because 5 low lifes broke in and killed him because a rumor stated that he sold drugs does NOT make him a drug dealer. The 5 low lifes, however, are another story. TWERK needs to do life in prison for murder during the commission of a felony.(I wish Maryland had the death penalty) And the other 4 need to do time also. UNLESS SOMEONE HAS PROOF THAT KENNY CURRY WAS A DRUG DEALER then you need to stop calling him one.

Since: Mar 14

North East

#73 Mar 23, 2014
I can't even see where they found any drugs what-so-ever in Kenny's apartment .
Yeah ok

Perryville, MD

#74 Mar 23, 2014
Your all so blind. Its ok, what ever makes life easier for u all to live with .
"He was not a drug dealer". LOL!!!!!!!!!! WOW. The proof is he got shot over drugs. Thats
what they were there for.
cecil council hypocrites

New Castle, DE

#75 Apr 13, 2014
do you know the drug treatment center in elkton is owned by crc health which is owned by bain management which is owned by mitt romney? funny how mitt claims he invented obamacare. interesting how romney got campaign help and sympathy from the whig, tari moore, bowelsby, robert hodge, cecil business leaders (cbl)...and others opposed to obamacare. they are convenient hypocrites for the sake of power and money.
Amy

North East, MD

#76 Jun 2, 2014
Fry wrote:
I disagree. If you legalize the drug that sends a bad message to our children that like alcoholism, being addicted to a major drug is OK. Now lets look at this number, fourty-thousand dollars a year. Did Jesus not say "...the meek shall inherit the earth?" Well, that supports Anton Szandor Lavey's "...the weak shall inherit the yoke."
Lets just jump straight to the bullet. Test positive, bang. Gone. Thin out the herd. Let Darwinism, dear God did I say that in north East, take a stand. Let the chips fall where they may. This could create jobs. If not, we have more than enough Mexicans and fake bloods willing to put a bullet in someone.
"And they shall fall into a pit called because and perish with the dogs of reason."
Mexicans? Really? I really don't think it is Mexicans causing any problems, Most of the problems in North Easts due to Americans! I have been a landlord for 4 year in North East,I would take a Mexican tenant over a white tenant any day. Mexicans pay on time, are pretty clean and keep to themselves. Just go rid of a tenant yesterday, went to see my place and might have to pay someone to clean it because this white guy was so nasty. I found human poop in a box in the kitchen and well over 4 empty heroin bags/wax papers. And over 25 needles. He also left it all furnished. Had Mexicans before him and when they left all I had to do was basic cleaning.
Use Your Common Sense

North East, MD

#77 Jun 3, 2014
Ive said this several times on these forums, cecil county voters on here scare the shit out of me! You scare me, you saddened me and you fit the stereotypes others put on us. I was raised and live in Cecil County all my life so I do have a huge investment in this county.
The uneducated statements regarding drug abuse, substance abuse treatment, political parties and the insults to people with no facts are shameful.
Methadone clinics are a FORM of treatment, they are monitored and regulated by the FEDERAL government. NO local or state agency can force them out of the area, that is DISCRIMINATION! It would be no different than having no mental health providers in the county because "you didnt want crazies here". THE person who attends the methadone clinic despite fighting an addiction which is a real disease, is still responsible for their own behaviors. If they take methadone and continue to use, it is on them to seek out appropriate treatment. The complete uneducated backward ass statements about mexicans are completely pathetic! and exactly part of the problem of why we arent getting ahead with getting our county better! Before making statements or casting a stone, READ, INQUIRE from professionals the facts! Not your sisters friend, your neighbors cousin, actual people and professionals involved in the solution! And actually learn facts about candidates by asking the candidates, going to forums, before voting!
Muhammed

United States

#78 Jun 5, 2014
Use Your Common Sense wrote:
Ive said this several times on these forums, cecil county voters on here scare the shit out of me! You scare me, you saddened me and you fit the stereotypes others put on us. I was raised and live in Cecil County all my life so I do have a huge investment in this county.
The uneducated statements regarding drug abuse, substance abuse treatment, political parties and the insults to people with no facts are shameful.
Methadone clinics are a FORM of treatment, they are monitored and regulated by the FEDERAL government. NO local or state agency can force them out of the area, that is DISCRIMINATION! It would be no different than having no mental health providers in the county because "you didnt want crazies here". THE person who attends the methadone clinic despite fighting an addiction which is a real disease, is still responsible for their own behaviors. If they take methadone and continue to use, it is on them to seek out appropriate treatment. The complete uneducated backward ass statements about mexicans are completely pathetic! and exactly part of the problem of why we arent getting ahead with getting our county better! Before making statements or casting a stone, READ, INQUIRE from professionals the facts! Not your sisters friend, your neighbors cousin, actual people and professionals involved in the solution! And actually learn facts about candidates by asking the candidates, going to forums, before voting!
Your responses should be written in proper spelling and punctuation. Misuse of the
English language will not be tolerated at this forum. Their are free courses being
offered at your Lakeside Trailer location.
JUSTICEforKENNY

Newark, DE

#79 Jan 19, 2015
Muhammed wrote:
<quoted text>
Your responses should be written in proper spelling and punctuation. Misuse of the
English language will not be tolerated at this forum. Their are free courses being
offered at your Lakeside Trailer location.
*** THERE are free courses
rsl2244

Philadelphia, PA

#81 Feb 13, 2015
Blinky wrote:
I have a very simple idea when it comes to our drug problem. Legalize it! If johnny son of a bitch wants to shoot diesel in his eyelids because all his veins are shot we should welcome it. I think once we get rid of these junkies the world would be a better place.why should the middle class support these bastards.I think we should give them all the heroin they want so they can end their miserable lives and make room for people that care and people that want to grow,have children,and succeed in this game we call life. Ill be damned if I have to pay for all these god damn junkies on welfare too stoned to work or in prison.
By the way did you Know it cost 40 thousand dollars a year to keep somebody in our prison system, but only 14 cents a shot from a m16a2 rifle.
Addiction is a disease and if we can help them rather than. Kill them it would be suck. More satisfying than getting overdose calls lets try and help instead of enabling them......coming grom a recovered addict

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maryland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Whichever bathroom Aug 23 TerriB1 1
News Johns Hopkins students create high-heeled prost... Aug 12 Phil 2
News Minority Dem delegates frustrated with 'Bernie ... Jul '16 slick willie expl... 3
News Elijah Cummings, Steny Hoyer among Marylanders ... Jul '16 noobieR 1
News The Latest: Congress Members Outraged By Gambia... Jul '16 BHM5267 6
MVA Amnesty (Jan '07) Jul '16 Family13 5
News Maryland Live Table Games (Sep '15) Jun '16 SimonDG13 2
More from around the web