Maryland foes of immigrant tuition break may force referendum

Full story: CLTV 23
Maryland election officials said on Friday that opponents had collected enough signatures to force a state referendum on a law allowing some undocumented immigrants to pay in-state college tuition. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
OMG LMAO

Omaha, NE

#1 Jul 22, 2011
Oh my gosh, I'll bet La RATza and Casa de Maryland have hit the Tequila bottle by now?
alan

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Jul 23, 2011
Many thanks to Pat McDonough, Susan and Team. Now let's defeat Casa De Maryland, La Raza and the Civil Liberties Union in court to take back Legal Tax Paying Citizens rights. We will prevail and send a strong message to the Gov who is doing a good job following in CA footsteps. A LOST BANKRUPT STATE welcoming ILLEGALS.
Juan

Pearland, TX

#5 Jul 23, 2011
I wouldn't hold your breath......it's subject to change.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#6 Jul 23, 2011
Juan wrote:
Americans don't want this law and stopped it. It goes to a vote next year where it will be killed.

"Law is suspended, headed for 2012 ballot

July 07, 2011|By Annie Linskey, The Baltimore Sun
Opponents of in-state tuition breaks for illegal immigrants have submitted more than enough valid signatures to suspend the controversial new law until voters have their say next year, state elections officials said Thursday.

In the first day of reporting since petition organizers turned in the final batch of signatures last month, the Maryland Board of Elections announced that it had validated more than 63,000 names far more than the roughly 55,736 needed to trigger a referendum in 2012."

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2011-07-07/n...
Juan

Pearland, TX

#7 Jul 23, 2011
Undocumented workers deserve a break, especially on education.
LMAO

Kansas City, MO

#8 Jul 24, 2011
Juan wrote:
Why yes it is. It's going to a vote, thanks to over 108,000 "valid" Maryland signatures. But that's only 100% MORE than they needed! lol
Juan

Pearland, TX

#9 Jul 24, 2011
Educating undocumented workers would be good for both countries.

Stay Thirsty My Friends !
magadala

North Bend, WA

#10 Jul 24, 2011
Juan wrote:
Educating undocumented workers would be good for both countries.
Stay Thirsty My Friends !
Ignore Juan's postings! TROLL ALERT!!!
Juan

Pearland, TX

#11 Jul 24, 2011
Undocumented workers deserve free tuition.
Peralta de Peralta

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#12 Aug 5, 2011
Juan wrote:
Undocumented workers deserve free tuition.
Why? So that you can apply? The ONLY thing that illegal aliens 'deserve' is a one-way ticket to their home country after spending prison time doing hard labor to pay for their keep.
Free is free

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Aug 5, 2011
The people are standing up and being heard. Expect more of the same in 2012.
Juan

Pearland, TX

#14 Aug 5, 2011
If we are going to become part of this country we've got to be educated.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#15 Aug 5, 2011
Juan wrote:
If we are going to become part of this country we've got to be educated.
your not becoming part of the population, we dont reward those who break our laws with citizenship
Juan

Pearland, TX

#16 Aug 6, 2011
Since one day we will all become citizens it's best for all of us.
Annie

Naperville, IL

#17 Aug 6, 2011
We should probably ignore Juan since he does this for the attention, tempting as it is to put the illegal in his place. He is scared to death that he will be deported. If we ignore him he will get bored and stop. Only a fool continues to talk to himself.
racer42

Alameda, CA

#18 Aug 6, 2011
Annie wrote:
We should probably ignore Juan since he does this for the attention, tempting as it is to put the illegal in his place. He is scared to death that he will be deported. If we ignore him he will get bored and stop. Only a fool continues to talk to himself.
Or, maybe we could all pitch in and hire a PI to find out who he really is and then turn his sorry azz in to ICE so he can be sent home.

Location hidden

#19 Aug 6, 2011
Juan wrote:
Since one day we will all become citizens it's best for all of us.
it your dreams, no one will push immigration reforn when the credit rating was just lowered, everyone knows illegal cost even more as citizens,
Juan

Pearland, TX

#20 Aug 6, 2011
The credit rating has nothing to do with undocumented workers.......we don't use credit, it's cash or nothing.

Location hidden

#21 Aug 6, 2011
Juan wrote:
The credit rating has nothing to do with undocumented workers.......we don't use credit, it's cash or nothing.
what an idiot, reread you statement and see your idiotic statement.

“Do you like my abs? ”

Since: May 11

San Gabriel, CA

#22 Aug 6, 2011
Andysdad wrote:
<quoted text>your not becoming part of the population, we dont reward those who break our laws with citizenship
Theirs been a few Amnesties since 1986 and you're trying to claim that it will not happen again? lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maryland Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rape survivor: Facebook panders to gays over re... Oct 10 Reverend Alan 53
Enthusiasm low for Maryland's general election Oct 3 NPOSIALPU 1
UM study warns of health impacts from fracking Sep '14 shyeah 2
Big Rail Cites Bin Laden, Al Qaeda to Fight Oil... Aug '14 Ivory Space 1
Rabbis call on President to help free Md. man i... Aug '14 Devin Blades 17
'Would You Rather?' House Race Edition Jul '14 Le Jimbo 2
Mizeur Loses in MD, but Primary Results Mostly ... Jun '14 vote no gay 1

Maryland Government People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE