Maryland voters' support for same-sex...

Maryland voters' support for same-sex marriage slips

There are 156 comments on the Ft. Meade Leader story from Nov 1, 2012, titled Maryland voters' support for same-sex marriage slips. In it, Ft. Meade Leader reports that:

Maryland, which just a month ago appeared poised to become the first state in the country to back gay marriage by popular vote, is now reported to be deadlocked on the issue, in part because of a drop in support from religious blacks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ft. Meade Leader.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#156 Nov 8, 2012
Maryland deserves what it gets.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#157 Nov 8, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Yeah.... imagine them voting FOR equality! OMG!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#158 Nov 8, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
A delusion is a delusion, they are all mythology. Sorry if you don't like to hear that, but you're an adult, you should be able to take a bit of reality.
I don't see "faith" as being delusional. Perhaps you need to face reality.

Frankly I think you do more harm than good with your anti-religion platform.

On another thread I just got called out by a troll on what I'd say to God on my judgement day if he asked why I kept silent when people like you smear people with a spiritual belief.

see:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/T3PVE42Q1...

see post #'s 18, 63 and 73

JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
DNF, please allow me one off-topic question:
You profess to be a Christian. On your judgement day, when you stand before the Lord, and he asks-
"DNF, when all those gay posters on Topix were blaspheming me and my Father, why did you not defend us?
How will you answer?

I'd remind "the Lord" that Jr. Esquire gets his facts wrong a great deal of the time.

Frankly I have seen very few gay identified posters blaspheme God. When they do I speak up. You seem to be confusing yourself with the being that created the Universe. What I see is posters legitimately questioning the lack of action on concepts people like you profess to value. Judge not; Love they neighbor; what ever you do to the least of my brethren and oh so much more.

Now it's your turn.

When you stand in front of God on your judgement day how will you answer Him when he asks why you treated so many of His children with such contempt?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#160 Nov 8, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
You lost. I'm doing my happy dance.

Be bitter. It's what you're best at.

The people rejected your lies. Maybe it was the message maybe the messenger. In any case few people support you.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#161 Nov 8, 2012
It's a day late but THANK YOU people of Maryland! I had faith in you. Many didn't. I'm proud I was once a citizen of your State. Hopefully Florida and many other States will change their tune as well.

And of course thank you as well to the people of Maine, Washington, and Wisconsin.

Doesn't it feel great not to be considered a State full of bigots?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#162 Nov 8, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
It gets equality.

Now we just have to work on the other 41 states.

Up next- CA, IL, RI, DE, HI, NJ, OR, MN, NV, OH, etc etc.....

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#163 Nov 8, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see "faith" as being delusional. Perhaps you need to face reality.
Frankly I think you do more harm than good with your anti-religion platform.
On another thread I just got called out by a troll on what I'd say to God on my judgement day if he asked why I kept silent when people like you smear people with a spiritual belief.
see:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/T3PVE42Q1...
see post #'s 18, 63 and 73
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
DNF, please allow me one off-topic question:
You profess to be a Christian. On your judgement day, when you stand before the Lord, and he asks-
"DNF, when all those gay posters on Topix were blaspheming me and my Father, why did you not defend us?
How will you answer?
I'd remind "the Lord" that Jr. Esquire gets his facts wrong a great deal of the time.
Frankly I have seen very few gay identified posters blaspheme God. When they do I speak up. You seem to be confusing yourself with the being that created the Universe. What I see is posters legitimately questioning the lack of action on concepts people like you profess to value. Judge not; Love they neighbor; what ever you do to the least of my brethren and oh so much more.
Now it's your turn.
When you stand in front of God on your judgement day how will you answer Him when he asks why you treated so many of His children with such contempt?
Sorry, faith is sugar coating for delusion and nothing more. It's believing in something that isn't there in spite of all evidence to the contrary.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#164 Nov 9, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Yep! More security for families and kids!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#165 Nov 10, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
Yeah.... imagine them voting FOR equality! OMG!
True, men and women are unequal in the Constitution.

Wait for affirmative action.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#175 Nov 10, 2012
Jedi Minds Tricker wrote:
<quoted text>You are sorely wrong. Reality is a constant and can not be changed. Different perspectives simply mean that a lot of people are potentially wrong about what is real. What you mean is one person's delusion is not always the same as anyone else's.
Marriage perversion went to the vote in two states and PASSED, and Obama is still the President. 40 states have already decided against sad marriages and that is a reality, and 32 states have put it in their constitution.
And SCOTUS can render all those State Amendments moot with one decision.

Tawas City, Michigan

#176 Nov 10, 2012
<quoted text>Yeah, I hear you and since we have 32 state constitutions that are written in stone, we only need work on 5 of the 9 that we already have. California and Prop 8 are locks. Once that happens we get 50 states and a parade.
First off, there are only 30 states with constitutional bans on gays marrying.

Prop 8 will be rejected by the SCOTUS Nov 26th.

State constitutional amendments aren't "written in stone". They can be changed the same way they were passed.

Oregon will likely be the first state to overturn their constitutional ban by another vote of the people in 2014 or 2016.

You lost 4 straight votes in one election.

Tawas City, Michigan

#177 Nov 10, 2012
<quoted text>You are sorely wrong. Reality is a constant and can not be changed. Different perspectives simply mean that a lot of people are potentially wrong about what is real. What you mean is one person's delusion is not always the same as anyone else's.
Marriage perversion went to the vote in two states and PASSED, and Obama is still the President. 40 states have already decided against sad marriages and that is a reality, and 32 states have put it in their constitution.
Nope, still wrong.

30 states have constitutional bans.
10 states have legislative bans.
9 states have marriage equality.
1 state (NM) has no specific legislation either way.

Marriage equality passed by popular vote in 3 states- WA, MD, ME.
A constitutional ban was also rejected by popular vote in MN.

That's 4 wins out of the last 4 votes. Notice a trend?

Tawas City, Michigan

#178 Nov 10, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>
Reported for hate speech.
Enjoy your ban.
Is this a new troll, or have we seen him/her/it before under another name?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#179 Nov 10, 2012
<quoted text>Yeah, I hear you and since we have 32 state constitutions that are written in stone, we only need work on 5 of the 9 that we already have. California and Prop 8 are locks. Once that happens we get 50 states and a parade.
In case you haven't been paying attention, Prop 8 has been found unconstitutional. We're waiting to hear from SCOTUS about whether they intend to take the case. If they don't, gay marriage resumes in California the next day.

State constitutions are NOT written in stone, silly thing. SCOTUS can overturn the anti-gay marriage amendments with one decision. If you idiots would have paid attention in high school civics class, you would already know that the majority cannot vote away the rights of the minority. Oh, you can try, but it will be overturned eventually.

El Paso, TX

#180 Nov 10, 2012
Even you aren't so stupid that you don't realize that the entire national metric has changed and sooner than later marriage equality will be the law of the land.

And there is nothing you can do to change it. Most now support marriage equality.

Now just go sit in your corner and pout for a decade or so.
<quoted text>Small things for small minds. If this should make us mad, then you must be pissed and suicidal over the 40 states who ban sad marriages and the 32 states constitutions that prohibit you from even crossing the border. Are you mad that we expect temporal things on the way to the magic 37 state number?

El Paso, TX

#181 Nov 10, 2012
Your so stupid you think state constitutions have something to do with our federal constitution.

There will never be a federal constitutional amendment blocking marriage equality. It wouldn't surprise mr to see some states remove their bans in the next few years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maryland Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Latest numbers: Hogan mobilizes state resources May 3 Sam 1
News Hogan focuses on unfinished business Apr '15 Gary 1
News Fact check: O'Malley lays claim to an ambitious... Apr '15 Brian 1
News Maryland legislature revamps public information... Apr '15 Marian 1
News Uber bill passes Maryland Senate, heads to House Apr '15 joe glazer 2
News Busch: Governor Has To Set Priorities Apr '15 eml1227 1
News Audit: Maryland misallocated $28.4M for health ... Mar '15 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 1
More from around the web