What the 2012 election taught us

Nov 6, 2012 Full story: The Washington Post 10,324

We've been scouring the data for clues as to what we should learn from what happened tonight as President Obama relatively easily claimed a second term.

Full Story

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#7471 Jan 30, 2013
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be crying about it, too, if you care about our country and our values.
Get a job and you won't have time to whine about silly shit.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#7472 Jan 30, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
The checks and balances are long gone. As to working together, those in power are working hard at divide and conquer. As long as we are fighting each other, we can't defend ourselves from them taking everything.
The checks and balances are still there, they like our laws just need to be enforced.

Location hidden

#7473 Jan 30, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a job and you won't have time to whine about silly shit.
City murders more than double Afghan death toll...

Records Deadliest January In 11 Years...

TOP COP: Not as bad as it seems...

Location hidden

#7474 Jan 30, 2013
Major Republic-an wrote:
<quoted text>
What the are you trying to do here?? Justify the atrocities of what the white man did to aquire this country???
All this cut and paste doesn't excuse or prove that the pilgrims was not a rapists animals along with the euro-trash that came along with them.
Your thoughts. and I mean YOUR THOUGHTS, not some cut and paste school yard white supremeist KKK rally, response.
Suggestion: Take meds more often, or work on GED.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#7475 Jan 30, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a story about slavery in this land more brutal than the slavery of the African:
They came as slaves; vast human cargo transported on tall British ships bound for the Americas. They were shipped by the hundreds of thousands and included men, women, and even the youngest of children.
Whenever they rebelled or even disobeyed an order, they were punished in the harshest ways. Slave owners would hang their human property by their hands and set their hands or feet on fire as one form of punishment. They were burned alive and had their heads placed on pikes in the marketplace as a warning to other captives.
We don’t really need to go through all of the gory details, do we? We know all too well the atrocities of the African slave trade.
But, are we talking about African slavery? No.
King James II and Charles I also led a continued effort to enslave the Irish. Britain’s famed Oliver Cromwell furthered this practice of dehumanizing one’s next door neighbor.
The Irish slave trade began when James II sold 30,000 Irish prisoners as slaves to the New World. His Proclamation of 1625 required Irish political prisoners be sent overseas and sold to English settlers in the West Indies. By the mid 1600s, the Irish were the main slaves sold to Antigua and Montserrat. At that time, 70% of the total population of Montserrat were Irish slaves.
Ireland quickly became the biggest source of human livestock for English merchants. The majority of the early slaves to the New World were actually white.
From 1641 to 1652, over 500,000 Irish were killed by the English and another 300,000 were sold as slaves. Ireland’s population fell from about 1,500,000 to 600,000 in one single decade. Families were ripped apart as the British did not allow Irish dads to take their wives and children with them across the Atlantic. This led to a helpless population of homeless women and children. Britain’s solution was to auction them off as well.
During the 1650s, over 100,000 Irish children between the ages of 10 and 14 were taken from their parents and sold as slaves in the West Indies, Virginia and New England. In this decade, 52,000 Irish (mostly women and children) were sold to Barbados and Virginia. Another 30,000 Irish men and women were also transported and sold to the highest bidder. In 1656, Cromwell ordered that 2000 Irish children be taken to Jamaica and sold as slaves to English settlers.
Many people today will avoid calling the Irish slaves what they truly were: Slaves. They’ll come up with terms like “Indentured Servants” to describe what occurred to the Irish. However, in most cases from the 17th and 18th centuries, Irish slaves were nothing more than human cattle.
As an example, the African slave trade was just beginning during this same period. It is well recorded that African slaves, not tainted with the stain of the hated Catholic theology and more expensive to purchase, were often treated far better than their Irish counterparts.
African slaves were very expensive during the late 1600s (50 Sterling). Irish slaves came cheap (no more than 5 Sterling). If a planter whipped or branded or beat an Irish slave to death, it was never a crime. A death was a monetary setback, but far cheaper than killing a more expensive African. The English masters quickly began breeding the Irish women for both their own personal pleasure and for greater profit. Children of slaves were themselves slaves, which increased the size of the master’s free workforce. Even if an Irish woman somehow obtained her freedom, her kids would remain slaves of her master. Thus, Irish moms, even with this new found emancipation, would seldom abandon their kids and would remain in servitude.
Funny how that has been ignored and only the plight of the black slave has any merit or distinction anymore.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#7476 Jan 30, 2013
Major Republic-an wrote:
<quoted text>
What the are you trying to do here?? Justify the atrocities of what the white man did to aquire this country???
All this cut and paste doesn't excuse or prove that the pilgrims was not a rapists animals along with the euro-trash that came along with them.
Your thoughts. and I mean YOUR THOUGHTS, not some cut and paste school yard white supremeist KKK rally, response.
Enlightenment, not justification. Bloody hell, move on, will ya!
CBOW

Dover, PA

#7477 Jan 30, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't get all of this in one post. Here's the other part:
It wasn't the White Man that enslaved the African. The African enslaved the African. The White Man was merely the purchaser... as well as the culture that ended slavery for most of the world except where slavery is still practiced today in Africa and the Middle East.
As for the Native American disaster, what happened was an industrialized culture came into contact with a stone age culture. Naturally, the industrialized culture took control of the region. If the Native Americans were industrialized, and the Europeans were a stone age culture, eventually the Native Americans would have "discovered" Europe and taken it from them. And, today, there'd be someone like you who wails about the most common event in human history, a more capable culture overtaking a less capable culture.
Exactly, and many blacks don't realize that America wasn't the only purchaser. Britain was a huge port for the trade.

Location hidden

#7478 Jan 30, 2013
Meanwhile back at the ranch......

WHAT THE 2012 ELECTION TAUGHT US........

Before the election, we were told the economy was growing at a rate of 1.1 percent. Actually our growth rate is .01, below Cuba and China. Wages wont’ change, jobs won’t be produced………elections have consequences. We were lied to again by Obama, the MSM (his boy toys), and the White House. Obama has now reversed history, we are back to being Europe.

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#7479 Jan 30, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>City murders more than double Afghan death toll...

Records Deadliest January In 11 Years...

TOP COP: Not as bad as it seems...
Wrong again, liar.
Major Republic-an

Columbus, OH

#7480 Jan 30, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Suggestion: Take meds more often, or work on GED.
How does this statement justify the white man raping the American Indian?
Major Republic-an

Columbus, OH

#7481 Jan 30, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>Enlightenment, not justification. Bloody hell, move on, will ya!
You should take your own advice.
Major Republic-an

Columbus, OH

#7482 Jan 30, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how that has been ignored and only the plight of the black slave has any merit or distinction anymore.
I see you are one of the retarded individuals...

Location hidden

#7483 Jan 30, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again, liar.
Liberals gots ta allow gang violence in America, their attempt at controlling blacks through abortion isn't working, after all the plantation is only so big.

Location hidden

#7484 Jan 30, 2013
Major Republic-an wrote:
<quoted text>
The White Man robbed, raped and vandalized the Native American and enslaved Africans to "build" this nation.
Your thoughts.
The Arabs (you embrace) took and sold black, white and brown slaves and sold them to slave traders which also were white, black and Arab. They sold them in America, Africa, England and the Islands. Why is it that you only attack the whites in America that actually freed you? What happened 400 years ago isn't pertinent today. If you don't like it here, Africa is calling you to return to your heritage. See how many free phones and EBT’S you get there.
Shakalaka

Morrow, GA

#7485 Jan 30, 2013
Major Republic-an wrote:
<quoted text>
Told you that's where he was going to go. Some of these rednecks are a joke. It's like ...are we living on the same planet or what? I tell you, those people only see what they want to see. Cowards who cannot take responsibility for their own actions!
CBOW

Dover, PA

#7486 Jan 30, 2013
Major Republic-an wrote:
<quoted text>
How does this statement justify the white man raping the American Indian?
Or the blacks getting treaty land given to the Cherokees? Cut the crap.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#7487 Jan 30, 2013
Shakalaka wrote:
<quoted text>
Told you that's where he was going to go. Some of these rednecks are a joke. It's like ...are we living on the same planet or what? I tell you, those people only see what they want to see. Cowards who cannot take responsibility for their own actions!
Sounds like a black problem to me...
Shakalaka

Morrow, GA

#7488 Jan 30, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a black problem to me...
excuse me darling... We "Black folk" are not the ones cying... we change shit in case you haven't noticed. The problem is with you cry babies. We are just letting you know how we feel about your sorry asses.

Location hidden

#7489 Jan 30, 2013
Shakalaka wrote:
<quoted text>
Call me on your free phone I'm paying for and we can talk about it.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#7490 Jan 30, 2013
Shakalaka wrote:
<quoted text>
excuse me darling... We "Black folk" are not the ones cying... we change shit in case you haven't noticed. The problem is with you cry babies. We are just letting you know how we feel about your sorry asses.
Nah, you all have cried for so long, you ain't got any tears left. What did you "change"? Odumbo doesn't even give you all the time of day. PAAAALEEEEEESE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massachusetts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yvonne Abraham Bottle bill foes hope you buy in Sep 17 Wondering 2
Quincy Mutual- If You Have Them, or any Homeown... (Jul '07) Sep 16 Anne 11
German Ocean Wind Project Spells Doom for Indus... Sep 16 Jack Kelly 1
Planet Valenti in Pittsfield.. a FARCE (Dec '10) Sep 15 code red alert 15
The country's sinking climate debate Sep 15 Sneaky Pete 3
Healey topples Tolman in AG race Sep 10 Professor Jumper 1
US Rep. Tierney Concedes Defeat in Dem Primary Sep 10 Asian Guy 1
•••

Massachusetts People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE