What the 2012 election taught us

What the 2012 election taught us

There are 10317 comments on the The Washington Post story from Nov 6, 2012, titled What the 2012 election taught us. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

We've been scouring the data for clues as to what we should learn from what happened tonight as President Obama relatively easily claimed a second term.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#6297 Jan 11, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>Stop lying, Black Rhino! The founders said meny things that are just as important now, as when they said them. Allow me to educate your deluded liberal mind with a few of my favorite quotes for the founders:

"When Mitt Romeny has to release his tax returns, that is the mark of an evil nation." Ben Franklin, 1821.

"Only when George Bush is President, can a people really be free." George Washington, 1737

"Liberal Democrats are to liberty what vampires are to necks; they suck." Abraham Lincoln, last year.

"Benghazi!" Samual Adams, 1787.
Amazing...With all the vampires Old honest Abe was slaying, he still found time to free a slave and lead the country...

They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Brooklyn, New York

#6298 Jan 11, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Owned 600+ slaves.
Also raped countless female indentured servants...

Fact.

Since: Jan 13

Clearwater, FL

#6299 Jan 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone should ignore the bible. it is one of the worst moral guides ever printed, supporting a vindictive, hjealous little prick of a mythical god...
the further we have gotten away from the bible as a nation, the more moral we have become....
Well said. I have noticed that the God of the Bible is as much an unreasonable, self-contradicting jerk as the average, modern right-winger. Coincidence? I think not.

Clearwater, FL

#6300 Jan 11, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing...With all the vampires Old honest Abe was slaying, he still found time to free a slave and lead the country...
They don't make 'em like that anymore.
LOL

Clearwater, FL

#6301 Jan 11, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact.
Well, a right winger would say 2 things:

1. So what if he owned slaves! The man was a job creator!

2. So what if he raped them. They were asking for it, parading around in those revealing slave dresses.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#6302 Jan 11, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact.
is it rape if you actually OWN that human being?

Brooklyn, New York

#6303 Jan 11, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>Well, a right winger would say 2 things:

1. So what if he owned slaves! The man was a job creator!

2. So what if he raped them. They were asking for it, parading around in those revealing slave dresses.
LOL! Outstanding.

Netflix finally put a movie called "CSA - The Confederate States of America" in it's data base. It's set present day and it's about if the south had won the war and blacks were still slaves, but in modern terms.

Watch it if you get a chance.

Brooklyn, New York

#6304 Jan 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>is it rape if you actually OWN that human being?
WOW.

Is it animal cruelty if I shove an M-80 in a tick's ass?
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#6305 Jan 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone should ignore the bible. it is one of the worst moral guides ever printed, supporting a vindictive, hjealous little prick of a mythical god...
the further we have gotten away from the bible as a nation, the more moral we have become....
What about all the great passages? For example

Exodus 22:18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

You don't want to suffer do you? then you better kill some witches.

How about Exodus 20:17

You shall not covet your neighborÂ’s house; you shall not covet your neighborÂ’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

This is your chance to own a few female slaves. God approves so owning people should be just fine.(What if some of your female slaves happen to be witches? Does God compensate you for your killing them?

There are plenty more, but this is just to get it started.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#6306 Jan 11, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think armed citizens are really any match for the U.S. Government. If he US Government ever decided to excersise tyranny against armed American citizens, they would easily do so. In other words, the U.S. government would easily defeat armed citizens if it came to that. The reason is simple. Ordinary citizens may have pistols, shotguns, even machine guns. But the U.S. govenment has tanks, fighter jets, and helicopter gunships. That is why the righ wing argument that an "armed populace" is a deterrent to government tyranny is absurd.
Is it? I could see the headlines now in the papers around the world. "US government lays siege to it's own people over the 2nd amendment" All things are done subtly and quietly.
Why do you suppose gun registration is required? To track the number of weapons actually owned by civilians. If you put blind trust in this government, I pity you.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#6307 Jan 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>So no real examples of it working, then...thanx.
Only when they are taken will examples you require be available, DUH!
If I hold your head under water, we won't know your dead until you stop moving, same principal.

Clearwater, FL

#6308 Jan 11, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Outstanding.
Netflix finally put a movie called "CSA - The Confederate States of America" in it's data base. It's set present day and it's about if the south had won the war and blacks were still slaves, but in modern terms.
Sounds interesting. I bet right wingers watch it and say, "Now THAT'S an America I can live with!
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#6309 Jan 11, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
ZERO.
The problem lies with the nutjobs with the over active imaginations who see helicopters coming over the horizon and gosh what they really need are assault weapons because only with semi automatics will the be able to keep those helicopters that fire fully automatic machine guns... several at any one time and that's before they decide they can use a rocket...
Nutjobs that pretend that having an AR-15 is the only thing that keeps the global conspiracy from knocking on the door.
And we Americans instead have to wake up shortly before Christmas to see yet ANOTHER OF THESE NUTJOBS taking one of your F*King toys and killing two dozen people.
ENOUGH!
You just don't get it, do you? It starts with assault rifles. Do you remember in the 80's, the sks and ak 47's were banned, that EXPIRED in 2004. Why did the ban have an expiration date if it was for the public's safety? Think about it. Now they are blaming AR-15's, how stupid.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#6310 Jan 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
HAHAHAHHHHHAHHHHHHAAAAAA! YEAH, RIGHT!

Clearwater, FL

#6311 Jan 11, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it? I could see the headlines now in the papers around the world. "US government lays siege to it's own people over the 2nd amendment" All things are done subtly and quietly.
Why do you suppose gun registration is required? To track the number of weapons actually owned by civilians. If you put blind trust in this government, I pity you.
You have actually just argued my point. If, as you imply, the US Government would not take such action against it's own people, what are you afraid of?

You seem to be saying, "We must remain armed, so that the government will not attack us, which they would never do anyway." Huh?
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#6312 Jan 11, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said. I have noticed that the God of the Bible is as much an unreasonable, self-contradicting jerk as the average, modern right-winger. Coincidence? I think not.
You obviously have NEVER read the Bible. Clueless libturd atheist.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#6313 Jan 11, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Outstanding.
Cut the crap. You think the Civil war was fought over slavery. WRONG! It was fought over state rights. The very thing that will happen with the gun control issue. It's up to the states to enact gun laws, not the feds. Read history. Jefferson Davis would have freed the slaves AFTER they were educated, not turned loose like a pack of wild dogs to fend for themselves and be victimized by carpetbaggers.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#6314 Jan 11, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
You have actually just argued my point. If, as you imply, the US Government would not take such action against it's own people, what are you afraid of?
You seem to be saying, "We must remain armed, so that the government will not attack us, which they would never do anyway." Huh?
What do you know about Nazi Germany's rise to power and Hitler's regime? Elimination of those that stood in Hitler's way was only the beginning. For now, I am only concerned with my ability to protect my family and myself. If the government is going to attempt to remove that self defense from me, what does that say about them? To say that the government would never do that is naive.

Brooklyn, New York

#6315 Jan 11, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds interesting. I bet right wingers watch it and say, "Now THAT'S an America I can live with!
Faux news runs the trailer everyday.

Brooklyn, New York

#6316 Jan 11, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>You obviously have NEVER read the Bible. Clueless libturd atheist.
Have you read it? In it's entirety? Understood it?

I doubt it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massachusetts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bernie Sanders's claim that '36,000 people will... 9 hr SirPrize 30
News Your View: Natural gas drives energy solutions ... 22 hr Solarman 2
News Warren embraces her role as a top Democratic fo... 22 hr Singledad 3
News A gay man fights for equal rights (Apr '09) 22 hr JustAnObserver 267
News Turkish Airlines to launch Boston-Istanbul flig... (Jul '13) Sat bedava sat 58
Trump catalogue of failure Jan 6 Donald duck Von T... 31
News Mass. measure seeks protections for undocumente... Dec 26 tomin cali 3
More from around the web