What the 2012 election taught us

What the 2012 election taught us

There are 10313 comments on the The Washington Post story from Nov 6, 2012, titled What the 2012 election taught us. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

We've been scouring the data for clues as to what we should learn from what happened tonight as President Obama relatively easily claimed a second term.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#5454 Dec 11, 2012
Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
google Haliburton - learn for yourself how much $$ they made during the Iraq war on NO-BID contracts awarded by Shrub and Dick.
google radical union paybacks and Obama
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#5455 Dec 11, 2012
Hibernian wrote:
<quoted text>
"Congressmanís Akin comments on rape are insulting, inexcusable, and, frankly, wrong." "Like millions of other Americans, we found them to be offensive." - Mitt Romney
What's "shocking" is your lack of knowledge and the amount of misinformation you're fed.
I never heard that quote. I must have missed a day on Fox News. Can you provide a link? He should have been saying this all day long till it was heard.

As to not being fully informed, I live in the United States and our media is controlled so we hear very little of what is going on.
Billy Ringo

United States

#5456 Dec 11, 2012
Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
google radical union paybacks and Obama
Here ya go, Vince ..........

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#5457 Dec 11, 2012
"Romney on Tuesday stepped up his criticism of Republican Rep. Todd Akin and called on the congressman to drop out of the Missouri Senate race"

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-574976...

Here's one from CBS.

Selective hearing?
Billy Ringo

United States

#5458 Dec 11, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
"Romney on Tuesday stepped up his criticism of Republican Rep. Todd Akin and called on the congressman to drop out of the Missouri Senate race"
Here's one from CBS.
Selective hearing?
LOL - when you google Romney supported Akin, there are over 100 links. Pick whichever one you want.

lost-cause .......... how appropriate.

Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#5459 Dec 11, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
Here's one from CBS.
Selective hearing?
Hmmm. Selective hearing? maybe. I missed Romney calling those people out. I know at some point I just got sick of the campaign and quit listening. Perhaps that was the point.

Thanks for the correction.

Location hidden

#5460 Dec 11, 2012
Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL - when you google Romney supported Akin, there are over 100 links. Pick whichever one you want.
lost-cause .......... how appropriate.
Are those dated before or after Akin's comment?

Location hidden

#5461 Dec 11, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm. Selective hearing? maybe. I missed Romney calling those people out. I know at some point I just got sick of the campaign and quit listening. Perhaps that was the point.
I know that I got sick of all the damn ads.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#5462 Dec 11, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I never heard that quote. I must have missed a day on Fox News. Can you provide a link? He should have been saying this all day long till it was heard.
As to not being fully informed, I live in the United States and our media is controlled so we hear very little of what is going on.
I don't understand your last comment about "our media".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/20/mitt...
Hibernian

Middletown, CT

#5463 Dec 11, 2012
Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
google Haliburton - learn for yourself how much $$ they made during the Iraq war on NO-BID contracts awarded by Shrub and Dick.
How much Haliburton made is not relevant.

It's nothing more than the Communist Jones and you parasites wanting to punish the successful by taking their profits and redistributing it to those that aren't.

Who would be next? Exxon? Microsoft? McDonalds?
Hibernian

Middletown, CT

#5464 Dec 11, 2012
Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
What is even MORE shocking, other than your ignorance, is that Etchy endorsed this azzclown.
Post the source that shows Romney endorsing Akin.
Hibernian

Middletown, CT

#5465 Dec 11, 2012
Food Stamp Enrollment Hits New High

Participation in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or food stamps, reached another high in September, according to new data released by the United Stated Department of Agriculture.

The most recent data on SNAP participation were released Friday, and showed that 47,710,324 people were enrolled in the program in September, an increase of 607,559 from the 47,102,765 enrolled in August.
Hibernian

Middletown, CT

#5466 Dec 11, 2012
Hmm, you libs think it's time I hide some of my money and jump on that food stamp gravy train?

Oh, SNAP!
new hammer time

Cartersville, VA

#5468 Dec 11, 2012
Hibernian wrote:
Food Stamp Enrollment Hits New High
Participation in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or food stamps, reached another high in September, according to new data released by the United Stated Department of Agriculture.
The most recent data on SNAP participation were released Friday, and showed that 47,710,324 people were enrolled in the program in September, an increase of 607,559 from the 47,102,765 enrolled in August.
Must be something magical with that 47%........even romney fell victim to it.
new hammer time

Cartersville, VA

#5469 Dec 11, 2012
Hibernian wrote:
Hmm, you libs think it's time I hide some of my money and jump on that food stamp gravy train?
Oh, SNAP!
You're only 1 paycheck from being on food-stamps. Better be glad its there whenever you need it.
TruthHere

Rochester, KY

#5470 Dec 11, 2012
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
You're only 1 paycheck from being on food-stamps. Better be glad its there whenever you need it.
Not possible. You haven't read all the Repub post? No Repub has ever been on food stamps. They are all millionaires and we Dems are trying to take their money.
Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

#5471 Dec 11, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
This is kind of a big f#cking deal. It's the first comment I have seen in I don't know how long where someone considers what the other person said - concedes a point via facts - and then doesn't even offer a "but......" or a bunny trail or anything.(maybe that happens later but this one comment is a masterpiece).

A working mind....[wipes tear].....look everyone - it goes, "hmmm".
Hibernian

Middletown, CT

#5472 Dec 11, 2012
TruthHere wrote:
<quoted text>Not possible. You haven't read all the Repub post? No Repub has ever been on food stamps. They are all millionaires and we Dems are trying to take their money.
No, you're wrong. Most everyone, despite what they write anonymously, know both parties are guilty as charged.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#5473 Dec 12, 2012
The 2012 election showed up the American public is ahead of our politicians when it comes to things like legalizing weed and gay marriage, two issues that are increasing headed towards full legalization nationwide. And yet politicians in the US treat these issues like they are still and issue when in reality most Americans are for these things.

US politicians are elected to representative the people but nowadays they do anything but representative the people. US politicians do representative the interests of big business.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#5475 Dec 12, 2012
Hibernian wrote:
<quoted text>
How much Haliburton made is not relevant.
It's nothing more than the Communist Jones and you parasites wanting to punish the successful by taking their profits and redistributing it to those that aren't.
Who would be next? Exxon? Microsoft? McDonalds?
lol! Ah! Cons just love nepotism when they can run the scam!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massachusetts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deval Patrick: Another Corporate Democrat Aug 13 Local 1
Election Who's got your vote in the Massachusetts Attorn... (Oct '14) Aug 7 Jtn 5
Stephen Sweeney GED Senator runs NJ for a day???? Jul 24 Robert 1
Trump and democratic brothers Norcross Jul 23 Faith 1
Google's Larry Page should be under federal inv... Jul 23 Kim 1
News Advocates push for in-state rates for undocumen... Jul 22 Vote Trump 2020 30
Corruption on the highest level in Canto Court/... Jul '17 Darlene taylor 1
More from around the web