Train Station Ayer MA
Bill

Salem, NH

#1 Jan 27, 2010
Wait until they build the new REGIONAL train station in Ayer on West Main Street . This makes so much sense and is so logical ,that it will eventually get done . Instead the few Selectman from Ayer listened to the wrong people again and want to spend over 10 million dollars on a garage that will never fit right in the town and will never have any room foe expansion . Talk about a WAST . On West Main it works for everyone especially the disabled . The station would be on the same side of the street you enter the train on . No crossing the main street and walking in bad weather to try and get the train . They could have put this on West Main Street two years ago at half the cost and without a large garage . For once I hope they use their common sense and think of the surrounding towns for regional use . Bill
Bagdad Harry

United States

#2 Jan 28, 2010
So 20 to 50 people can have a train station...sound like stimulus spendning to me...
Tony Danza

Pepperell, MA

#3 Feb 7, 2010
Bill wrote:
Selectman from Ayer listened to the wrong people again and want to spend over 10 million dollars on a garage that will never fit right in the town and will never have any room foe expansion .

crossing the main street and walking in bad weather to try and get the train .

They could have put this on West Main Street two years ago at half the cost and without a large garage .

For once I hope they use their common sense and think of the surrounding towns for regional use . Bill
Since when do Selectmen do the right thing.

select·man (sə lekt′mən; locally, also sē′lekt man′)

noun pl. selectmen -·men (-mən; locally, also,-men′)
any of a board of officers elected in most New England towns to manage municipal affairs increase taxes, lacks commonsense, increases bureaucracy
Linda

AOL

#4 Feb 10, 2010
Bill I agree with you all the way, the West Main Street location makes much more sense, there's plenty of room and that land and the vacant buildings on it just sit there. One would hope the selectman would make the right decision but like someone else already pointed out, how often can you rely on them to do so?
1 2 th e3

United States

#5 Feb 12, 2010
who the hell goes there anyway?
a garage for what?
theres no main attractions,stadiums or even a zoo.

and a bunch of wierd looking asians..
hehe i was just kidding.

but kudohs to bill..
mnm

Chartley, MA

#6 Feb 12, 2010
yea they can get a whiff of the polluted land left over from the dry cleaning business dumping there waste into the ground
Cheech

Tewksbury, MA

#7 Feb 21, 2010
what time is the next train

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massachusetts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thinking about relocating Apr 10 Rarerthanmost 1
News Baker Delivers Funding For Pittsfield's Long-aw... Mar '18 Bull Chit 1
News Reaching beyond 'mediocre' at DCF Mar '18 DCF are MONSTERS 11
News Elizabeth Warren: Racism stymies economic fairn... (Aug '17) Mar '18 American Independent 656
News At GOP meeting in Wilbraham, a call to arms Mar '18 Backhanded Compli... 2
News Mitt Romney ripped Donald Trump's 'hurtful' com... (Oct '15) Mar '18 Tillerson toast 48
Trackers MC Boston? (Apr '13) Mar '18 Captd45 45