top lowell cops of all time
Murph-Wolfeboro NH

Sanbornton, NH

#21 Nov 2, 2009
Twice. I hope now you're facing in the right direction.
YaRight

Chicopee, MA

#22 Nov 2, 2009
Used to be a Bad Boy wrote:
Officer Kilmartin. Quiet guy.. that turned my life around
Are you talking about the current Officer Kilmartin or his dad, a former cop who passed away many years ago? It's hard to tell because the description fits both of them. The old man was tough but fair and prevented a lot of kids from continuing down the wrong path. The son is a chip of the old block - an honest, classy guy who would make a great chief someday.
muld

Lowell, MA

#23 Nov 2, 2009
Murph-Wolfeboro NH wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for mentioning Dave Muldoon. He was a dear friend. We shared a birthday. He was a quiet and usually placid man, who looked like a choir boy. But, if there was a beef, it was a very good thing to have him on your side. He was taken from us way too soon. I think of him often.
Thank you Murph, Dave Muldoon was my dad - he loved his job - it's hard to believe it's been 17 years - 52 yrs old is too young. He would appreciate this blog and your comments.
cheryle Muldoon

AOL

#24 Nov 2, 2009
Dave Muldoon was the best dad in the world..
cheryle Muldoon

AOL

#25 Nov 2, 2009
Dave Muldoon was the best dad ever.
quasi nation

Lowell, MA

#26 Nov 2, 2009
The old timers will be missed and here is my list:
David Shaughnessy
Tussy Russell
Herkie Santos
Arthur Diette
Tiny Mulligan
Dennis Newell
Jack Newell
Billy Shea
Frankie Waterman
Billy Keefe
Chauncey Normandin
Eddie Davis Now Boston Police Chief
Bobby Davidson
Bobby Roper

Since: Jul 09

Worcester, MA

#27 Nov 2, 2009
quasi nation wrote:
David Shaughnessy
Tussy Russell
Herkie Santos
Arthur Diette
Tiny Mulligan
Dennis Newell
Jack Newell
Billy Shea
Frankie Waterman
Billy Keefe
Chauncey Normandin
Bobby Davidson
Bobby Roper
Bobby Davidson used to come to our house in Pelham. I miss those days. What a great guy!
Amused

Newton Center, MA

#28 Nov 2, 2009
Lowellman wrote:
Frank Waterman was the best cop to ever service this City. Check how much money in drug seizures he brought into this City. He wasn't about how much money he could make ie: details overtime and such.
He was also arrested for OUI while on his way into work to execute several search warrants. He crossed the center line and plowed into an oncoming car with a family in it. I recall he blew an impressive number on the breathalyzer, well over the limit, not a close call. How do you feel about a drunken police officer barging into homes with a firearm drawn?
Amused

Newton Center, MA

#29 Nov 2, 2009
quasi nation wrote:
David Shaughnessy
Tussy Russell
Herkie Santos
Arthur Diette
Tiny Mulligan
Dennis Newell
Jack Newell
Billy Shea
Frankie Waterman
Billy Keefe
Chauncey Normandin
Bobby Davidson
Bobby Roper
Roper was a great undercover cop. It was a tragedy how his life got out of control. Someone in the department should have seen it coming and gotten him some help before things got to the point that they did. What a waste.
Murph-Wolfeboro NH

Sanbornton, NH

#30 Nov 2, 2009
muld wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Murph, Dave Muldoon was my dad - he loved his job - it's hard to believe it's been 17 years - 52 yrs old is too young. He would appreciate this blog and your comments.
It is hard to believe, sweetie. Do you know who I am?
lowell girl

AOL

#31 Nov 2, 2009
My grandfather was a Sargeant and motorcycly cop, way back. Don't know if anyone would remember him though. Marty Molloy?
Allan P Small

Lowell, MA

#32 Nov 2, 2009
Ray Reid
Sully (Belvidere)
Dicky Mercier
lowellian

Billerica, MA

#33 Nov 2, 2009
Jimmy Cassella hands down lowells finest
Murph-Wolfeboro NH

Sanbornton, NH

#34 Nov 2, 2009
lowell girl wrote:
My grandfather was a Sargeant and motorcycly cop, way back. Don't know if anyone would remember him though. Marty Molloy?
I remember Sgt. Molloy. He and Sgt. Downing were motocycle cops. I remember how bowlegged they looked in their leather leggings.
Lee

Tewksbury, MA

#35 Nov 2, 2009
Corey Erickson
Kenneth Shaws
Jay Sheehan
Lowell most rudes cops and keep druggies has close friends.
Tony

Tewksbury, MA

#36 Nov 2, 2009
Mario Sepe was the best!
quasi nation

Lowell, MA

#37 Nov 3, 2009
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Roper was a great undercover cop. It was a tragedy how his life got out of control. Someone in the department should have seen it coming and gotten him some help before things got to the point that they did. What a waste.
To this day my heart cries when I think about it. He was one of the best undercover cops of that time. God Bless him where ever he is.
quasi nation

Lowell, MA

#38 Nov 3, 2009
Oh I can't forget Billy Tanguay he was a good ole' cop too. Funny bugger!
...and yes I remember Dave and Joanne Muldoon what a handsome couple they were. Those police officers that have been mentioned here on this thread could never be replaced, they were the very best!

Since: Jul 09

Worcester, MA

#39 Nov 3, 2009
Let us not forget about Ed McMahon.. Uhm, scratch that.... Wrong forum!!
Muld

Lowell, MA

#40 Nov 3, 2009
Murph-Wolfeboro NH wrote:
<quoted text>
It is hard to believe, sweetie. Do you know who I am?
Vinnie??(My mom helped)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massachusetts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mitt Romney was 'treated successfully' for pros... Jan 20 Raydot 3
News Governor pushes hard for Republican Tran in race Jan 20 Raydot 5
Congressman Donald Norcross Hone Wild Jan 16 dirty jersey 1
News Giant orange dinosaur in Massachusetts saved fr... (Sep '16) Jan 13 Ateesiks 8
News Schools sharing grants to educate students from... Jan 8 Dave 3
Massachusetts wants to enforce religious laws? Jan 8 TheThirdAngel144 1
Election Who's got your vote in the Massachusetts Attorn... (Oct '14) Dec '17 Stephen D Clark 6
More from around the web