PRO: The sky didn't fall in Massachusetts

Jun 15, 2008 Full story: origin.whittierdailynews.com 9

AS same-sex couples across California celebrate and make plans to marry, it's a bittersweet time for some of us who rushed to the altar the minute it became legal four years ago in Massachusetts.

We've watched other states adopt domestic partnership arrangements that fall just short of marriage, or vote to ban same-sex marriage outright. Soon, those of us who took the plunge in Massachusetts will cease to be residents of the only state in the union that accords us the same rights and respect that our neighbors, friends, co-workers and other family members have taken for granted all of their lives.

Full Story

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#1 Jun 16, 2008
Yep. And it still mystifies me that so many hate-mongers are willing to work SO hard to deny other people equal marriage rights when those rights in no way effect those objecting to them.
Fort Myers

Lehigh Acres, FL

#2 Jun 16, 2008
Massachusetts is the Mississippi of the north. Worst state in the country. I would not doubt if those people start marrying their dogs.
Disgusted American

Cranbury, NJ

#3 Jun 16, 2008
Fort Myers wrote:
Massachusetts is the Mississippi of the north. Worst state in the country. I would not doubt if those people start marrying their dogs.
What the Eff? How Old are you? Hey Sherlock...get a clue...LGBT people have been marrying in Mass. for a few yrs now....leave it to the "supposed" heteros to imagine having Committed relationships with thier pets.
eric

Denver, CO

#4 Jun 16, 2008
Fort Myers wrote:
This coming from someone who lives in our only third world state. Taking a swipe at another state is foolish for someone in Floriduh.
Mikey

Walpole, MA

#5 Jun 16, 2008
Fort Myers wrote:
I think this is one of the stupidest things I've seen anybody ever write on here... EVER. Maybe you should consider going back to school.

“Son of Abraham”

Since: Aug 07

Natural Deviant

#6 Jun 16, 2008
Fort Myers wrote:
Hi neighbor. Here's a newsflash for you:

"Florida is the only state that, by statute, prevents all persons who happen to be gay or lesbian from adopting."
http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/summary_0199-...

Keep living in the biggest trailer park in the USA. By now you do realize the world is moving away from such close mindedness.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#7 Jun 16, 2008
Look the last thing that is a "problem' in MA is gay marriage. About the biggest problem for those who have had same sex marriages in MA is that they can't get divorces in any other state and must live here while going though a divorce.

Since: Mar 08

Austin, TX

#8 Jun 16, 2008
Fort Myers wrote:
Your post is comical considering Massachusetts has the lowest divorce rate of any of the fifty United States. Comparing Massachusetts to Mississippi makes you seem uneducated.

“Equality”

Since: Oct 07

Seattle, WA

#10 Jun 17, 2008
Fort Myers wrote:
I guess somebody is lacking of information and it is jumping into own conclusions...:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massachusetts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clinton's economic message under scrutiny 1 hr replace the disgrace 1
Clinton economic approach under scrutiny 4 hr Cat74 4
School design finalists chosen Sat Francesco Sinibaldi 1
Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush lead GOP 2016 field Dec 24 Billy Ringo 39
Wahlberg's plea points up risk of issuing pardons Dec 21 Dr Wu 4
Trackers MC Boston? (Apr '13) Dec 20 Luscious Laurie 22
top lowell cops of all time (Oct '09) Dec 17 EDD 223
More from around the web